Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,077 members, 7,867,090 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

Junaid Muhammed Explodes In Vintage Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Muhammed Explodes In Vintage Interview (419 Views)

Buhari Favouring Yorubas, Done Nothing For The North – Junaid Muhammed / Arms Probe Report Doctored To Shield Dambazau, Buratai- Junaid Mohammed / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Junaid Muhammed Explodes In Vintage Interview by Uteghe(m): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2015
Still on security, what is your take on the sack of the Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba by President Goodluck Jonathan?

I welcome it. It is one of the nicest news I have heard from Aso Rock since the last election, frankly speaking. I understand this Suleiman Abba of a fellow comes from somewhere in Jigawa, and his family lives here, not very far from Rumfa College. I don’t like the look of him, I don’t like his incompetence and I believe he is a rogue. The only thing I heard about him is that he used to be ADC to Sani Abacha’s wife. As far as I am concerned, Abacha’s wife and President Jonathan’s wife or any other person, even Buhari’s wife, have no position in the Nigerian constitution. So, you can see that there is something funny; elevating such a person to the rank of Inspector-General of Police on the only qualification that he was an ADC to a woman whose constitutional position is totally alien to our constitution will tell you that there was a mago mago there.

You can also agree with me that this PDP government, and in fact, the previous PDP governments have the reputation of making top police and military appointments on the basis of forthcoming election. Whenever there is an election, definitely, they will cook up their records, go to the Police Service Commission and say these are the people we want because they want these people to come and do their dirty political job. That is the problem with the Armed Forces and it is about becoming the problem of the Police. All the Inspector-Generals of Police appointed by the late Umar Musa Yar’Adua, by even Obasanjo himself, through to Yar’Adua and now this fellow, Goodluck Jonathan, were appointed basically because of election and they pumped out money for these individuals and the money never permeated to the suffering policeman on the road. That is why they always collect N20 on the road. There is no way you can stop that unless you take care of the welfare of policemen and also make self esteem part of their training.

So, I am absolutely happy over the sack of that fellow. And for the first time that I can think of, I say hurray and congratulations to Goodluck Jonathan. I hope he will do the same thing to all the Service Chiefs, all the GOCs, all the Brigade Commanders in the Army and all the other formations. It is not a joke, we have to start from somewhere, and starting from such a corrupt scoundrel like Suleiman Abba is a very big beginning. This is a man who took cops to the National Assembly complex and they were tear gassing principal members of the National Assembly, including the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Senate President. He should not only be sacked, but he should be sent to jail.

Read More here: http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/what-buhari-should-do-junaid-mohammed/
Re: Junaid Muhammed Explodes In Vintage Interview by Hawlahscho(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Can you imagine

I for slap that interviewee. undecided
Re: Junaid Muhammed Explodes In Vintage Interview by Demmocrats(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Who is the guy self?

(1) (Reply)

"Tribunal Upholds Ugwuanyi's Election" / See How Nigeria’s Economy Has Fared Since Buhari’s inauguration / Fayose Approves N20 Million For Ekiti Artisans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.