Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Lagosians Groan Over Robbery In Gridlocks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Groan Over Robbery In Gridlocks (511 Views)

Lagosians Groan As Using Ojota Foot-bridge Becomes Difficult / Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity / Ambode, LASTMA In Face-Off Over Traffic Gridlocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagosians Groan Over Robbery In Gridlocks by kongaJUMIA: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
The residents and motorists in Lagos State have called on Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to urgently address robberies in gridlocks in the metropolis which, they said, had become their nightmare.

They also urged the governor to ensure that bad portions of the roads which often created the gridlocks were repaired.

Those who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria said that they had lost their valuables and were at times maimed by the hoodlums.

NAN reports that the hoodlums often seized advantage of the slow moving traffic to brandish their gun to unsuspecting motorists and their passengers before demanding for their valuables.

The robbers employed various modes for their operations, including using motorcycles whereby two people rode on a motor bike and while one gets down to rob unsuspecting motorists, the other waits on it to zoom off with him after they had completed their robbery.

At times, one of them would pretend to be crossing the road only to get the driver to stop and as soon he did, the others swooped on the vehicle to rob the occupants.

Also, they would tell the driver that his tyre had gone down or that his fuel tank was leaking just to get him to stop. The situation made it imperative for all to be vigilant.

Narrating their experiences some of the victims of these robbery ploys said they were helpless as there were no security agents to save them.

A lady who pleaded anonymity said that three hoodlums tried to rob her around 8pm in a slow moving traffic at Odo Iya Alaro, Maryland.

“The hoodlums after tapping on my door glass for me to wind down still took their time to follow my car as I had to change lane twice before the road later became free and I zoomed off,” she said.
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagosians-groan-over-robbery-in-gridlocks/
Re: Lagosians Groan Over Robbery In Gridlocks by kongaJUMIA: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
Lagosians groan over robbery in gridlocks
Re: Lagosians Groan Over Robbery In Gridlocks by ladyF(f): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Chai...if only they can speed up the CCTV installation.

(1) (Reply)

DPR Shuts 27 Filling Stations In Rivers / Army Denies 150 People Drowned After Boko Haram Attack In Yobe / Fear In Immigration Service Over Visa To ISIS Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.