Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD (40451 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Idris As AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by KLMN: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hello mr President sir, Nigerians are strongly behind you on whatever will move this nation forward.

Sir, the next one to be sacked should be that of Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). They are so corrupt that they disbursed loan to some NHS subscribers since last year but uptil now they have not allowed or told or compelling (be as it is may), the PMI bank to release the loan money to the subscribers. This money had left the government account since then, but it is being traded with and denying the intended recipient of the cash to make use of the cash for the intended housing issue.

Sir, we need you to act fast so that the housing deficit can be rediced.

God bless mr president,
God bless mr v. president,
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Appareil(m): 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
nwanwaoge:
Northern agenda and so what my friend...am from d south....let ur people grow to fit into positions man. When Jonathan was there what did he do....f*** all d**k heads screaming northern agenda...As long as it take this to bring some level of sanity to this nation...i support it. Many of us wanted Jonathan out because he was clueless..weak, a firm hand is in power.....if the wind of change hasn't gotten to you yet...it has gotten to me....am already seeing what I voted for...sai buhari
Your type Will sell out , besides its their opinion!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by batstan(m): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Strategist
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Evaromantik(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
He mistakenly include an igbo this time to avoid critics......we dnt need your appointments anymore,we want Biafra and we are ready to face the consequences as your jumad said

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by nwanwaoge(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Young man...am in a sector where this change is needed and the change is already showing it's fang....wailing surely won't do ur likes any good....get dirty and start working assiduously for a greater Nigeria or greater biafra...wailing solves nothing...
Appareil:
Your type Will sell out , besides its their opinion!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
obailala:
..and why should a winner be wailing?

Who is the winner? The only substantial appointment so far has gone to an Igbo man.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by IGBOSON1: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
mekzone:

Goldman Sachs for Habib

^^^That's 'one Nigeria' for you!......Standing reason on its head!! wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by White007(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Buhari is indirectly telling the southerners that, Only the north are good enough to head federal parastatal and all government agencies. The rest of you ain't qualified.

Change you ask for, change you got. All you who voted the tribal bigot will live to see what you brought upon yourselves, the game has Just started, brace yourselves for more heartbreak.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by RaptorX: 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
awolola26:
This is really heart breaking......For a president to shun other tribes and elevate only the North....No single christian has be appointed by this man...
We warned you guys about this bigot, a leopard can never change its spot. I don't see the northerners relinquishing power anytime soon, they have learnt their lesson from the Yar Adua saga. No wonder they are fixing up their brethrens in all nooks and crany, wait until the ministerial lists comes out, you ain't seen nothing yet.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by refreshrate: 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
ola6:
WTF is wrong with Buhari? Why is he this tribalistic? Are you saying ONLY NORTHERNERS are good enough to run this country? Tinubu-ole can you see this?

No be only Tinubu-ole o
Every single person wey thumbprint vote the guy na accessory to the thing too & just as responsible.

e don even try wey I here dem shout APC? change!
Ngwanu change have come.

I fit do visa lottery from cotonou?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by kraftykc(m): 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Amcon had been compromised a while back so this is no surprise. I'm pleased with this.

Sai Baba
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by refreshrate: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
RaptorX:
We warned you guys about this bigot, a leopard can never change its spot. I don't see the northerners relinquishing power anytime soon, they have learnt their lesson from the Yar Adua saga. No wonder they are fixing up their brethrens in all nooks and crany, wait until the ministerial lists comes out, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Guy no explain anything to them again. When we told them they refused to listen. please let's divert our energy to sorting out ourselves how we wan relocate?
Yes I have changed my mind. what I thought before these people have used their vote to scatter.
Abi you was stay ni?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by 989900: 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Of course they can't speak na. Their "sophisticated" idiocy has been fully exposed. That's why they hide their head in shame.

Or they have grown past your kind of petulance . . . moved on to bigger things; see things with a broader mind/perspective.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by obailala(m): 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Who is the winner? The only substantial appointment so far has gone to an Igbo man.
...and you think everyone out there is so senselessly petty in reasoning to consider success as having a tribesman appointed into a position?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by 989900: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ironically, most Ibos I know are not as childishly irritating as the ones on NL.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
obailala:
...and you think everyone out there is so senselessly petty in reasoning to consider success as having a tribesman appointed into a position?

And you are not senselessly petty by thinking that people shouldn't vote their choice in a democracy?

Smh

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is a super good development. We deserve the 95 percent after all. Looking forward to seeing our unemployed graduates get jobs at AMCON. Buhari, the 5 percent you've even given them is more than enough
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by SomebodyLovesMe: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
kokoA:
But the northerners all replaced southerners, I never heard northerners complained about "southern agenda" back then o

Intelligent response.
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
Brightology2:
Northern agenda.
exactly. We run things now. This is just the beginning. 5 percent for you grin
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Frankly speaking PMB is setting wrong precedence in Nigeria governance. Concentrating appointments in one section of Nigeria is not good. Every part of Nigeria is blessed with men and women with good breeds that can handle any job perfectly.
What he is doing might backfire in future. For instance, if a yoruba wins election in next polls and decides to concentrate non ministerial appointments in SW or southern ,let nobody complain. Or Igbo man becomes president in future and toll the line of PMB by making his non ministerial appointments Igbos or southerners, we ll be ready to shout Change. Or South south!. Let us be ready to say "as far as this will bring change, i don't have problem with it" This is a wrong precedence for now which any president could use tomorrow for his or her mischievous mean.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 19, 2015
Pidggin:
I thought baba said he is for nobody, what's up with the constant appointments of northerners? Pmb forget tribe for the unity of this country. GodNorthwin
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by sweetgala(m): 3:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Am I the only one who read this part

Adesina said the President also approved the reconstitution of the corporation’s management team as follows: Ahmed Lawan Kuru -Managing Director; and Kola Ayeye, [/b[b]]Eberechukwu Uneze and Aminu Ismail as Executive Directors.

Unless Kola and Eberechuckwu have become northerners too
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Sheggy13(m): 4:27am On Aug 19, 2015
awolola26:
This is really heart breaking......For a president to shun other tribes and elevate only the North....No single christian has be appointed by this man.....
In as much as we Southerners are getting fed up of Buhari's continuous insensitivity about the need to carry all regions along in his govt, you do not have to lie to make a point..the new NNPC boss Kachikwu is a Buddhist or what?
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by emmykk(m): 5:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Power will not switch hand in 2019,he who is patient enough to contest election since 1999 may still want to contest and win again.
hinwazaka:
The beneficiaries of all this hire and fire are those who will be hired and fired. Those hired today will still be fired, irrespective of their so called vast expertise, when power switches hands once more in 2019. Anyway congrats to the lucky few who were hired. They should raise a glass for the good fortune they have come into. And most importantly, they should save for the rainy days ahead, which might be next year or the year after. Because, honestly, I don't see this government going the full stretch
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by emmykk(m): 5:17am On Aug 19, 2015
Bros when we tell una,una do like those when them charm,especially that tinubu of a person,well now how market?
Joniboi:
PMB is a scam, why always place a Northerner above a Southerner?

We that voted for change have been scammed! cry
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Dreamtouch: 5:36am On Aug 19, 2015
Graduates from the North will be getting employment en masse
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by nwaanambra1(m): 5:49am On Aug 19, 2015
mathskill:

John atte from South- south just took over as the head of customs from a hausa man. I wonder why no one is applauding Buhari for that but making an issue because he appoointed a hausa man to head AMCon

[size=16pt] if i hear say buhari gives customs to a south-southerner or south-east! in fact! he will not even give customs to southwest - u can bet on that!

if only u knw how northers cherish that customs - customs is more dear to them than NNPC!

That figure head appointment given to that NNPC GMD, was actually given to him so as to counter any complain from any quarters when a norther is appointed to head customs!

my people are right for not expecting anything from Bubu - but the yorubas are in for a serious short change!

all am asking from Bubu is good governance, a new bridge across river Niger at Onitsha, brand new and ultra modern road linking enugu and ontisha as well as port harcourt and owerri - at least i earned it under my 5% ratio - i nearly lost my life campaigning for him so he really owes me these little request.

AS FOR APPOINTMENTS, HE CAN POSITION HIS BROTHERS ANYWHERE HE SO WISHES SO LONG AS IT MAKES HIM HAPPY! I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLE OF 'WINNER TAKES IT ALL' WHILE THE LOSER COUNT HIS LOSS! though it seems the yorubas are going to be seriously short changed in this game of 'CHANGing places'. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by galadima77(m): 5:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Brightology2:
Northern agenda.
wailing agenda
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by Smooyis(m): 6:11am On Aug 19, 2015
Again. This is becoming too unbecoming of the president of the federal Republic who we all voted for. It's most uncomfortable trend.
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by christinie(f): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Aristotle96:
So far as my steady light go continue to day no wahala cheesy
there's no steady light where I live. Yes it happened before the Ikeja distribution company signed their contract, not afterwards. We spend so much money on diesel. So much for change. Mxm.
Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by christinie(f): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2015
kokoA:
But the northerners all replaced southerners, I never heard northerners complained about "southern agenda" back then o
so change means doing something bad because you think others did same earlier?
By the way GEJ and OBJ were never tribalistic in their appointments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD by christinie(f): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2015
VickJames:
Always the north!

The most educated region in Nigeria
mxm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Mothers Of Missing Chibok Girls Crying Today As Buhari Disappoints Them(Pics / Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / I Was Diagnosed With ‘Aggressive’ Breast Cancer– Diezani Denies Being On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.