Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Barca Why - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barca Why (779 Views)

Must Barca Cheat To Win! / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April / Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barca Why by blinky(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2006
Champions League (2nd Group A)
Barcelona suffered a major setback in midweek when star striker Samuel Etoo was stretchered off in the Champions League draw with Werder Bremen. The Cameroon international has damaged the meniscus in his right knee and could be out for up to three months. The 1-1 tie with Werder was Barcas second draw in a matter of days after they saw their 100% start to the league season come to an end on Sunday when they were held 1-1 at home by Valencia. Barca were indebted to a last-gasp equaliser from Argentina starlet Lionel Messi to earn a point from the Werder match, with coach Frank Rijkaard admitting: "It was a great goal, and was just reward for the work of the team." He added: "It is an important point, under the circumstances. Although it is clear that it has not been one of our better games, the team has fought hard and right until the end to obtain a good .
O OUR STRIJERIS INJURED
Re: Barca Why by kitaun(m): 1:25am On Oct 01, 2006
And so what? Is Etoo the only player in Barca? its so obvious that ur downtime has come, enjoy it while it lasts cos it will be a long one
Re: Barca Why by Jackal(m): 1:59am On Oct 01, 2006
@ Kitaun,
Did u say set-back for Barca?
U can't be serious.
A team that has Ronaldinho, Messi, Gudjohnsen, Guily and Saviola as attackers is as potent as a nuke.
I watched 'em ripped Athletico Bilbao apart this evening and it was awesome.
Gudjohnsen will pose problems for Chelsea and i can't wait to see anutha exciting tie between the 2 teams.
Re: Barca Why by kitaun(m): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2006
@Jackal

You already know my take on Barca's perfomance this season jus like i rightly predicted to you that Sevilla will destroy them during that Super Cup match just forget them performing wonders this season just like i will remind you shortly before the end of the season that all the former big boys that had dominated their various leagues will fall this season cos they would have fallen by then i.e teams like Barca.Chelsea and Lyon cool

If them like make them destroy Gimnastic am sure they will dissapoint largely this season

(1) (Reply)

The English Premier League (the Epl) / Demise Of The Treble Dream / UEFA CL. Draw: Bayern Vs Barca, Dortmund Vs Madrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.