Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,824 members, 7,862,714 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo (720 Views)

Tolulope Kolawole Commits Suicide! Osun Permanent Secretary’s Son Hangs Self / Man Hangs Himself On A Tree At Lagos Airport Way This Morning (Graphic Photos) / Man, 35, Hangs Self Over N25,000 Bank Loan In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Jeboy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
There was confusion at Oke Initea area of Osogbo, Osun State, on Tuesday, following the discovery of the remains of a 27-years-old man, Adekola Busari, who had hung himself.
Our Correspondent gathered that Busari, was indebted to a micro finance bank, but his wife had assisted in repaying the loan, remaining just N18,000 to balance up.
Although things were said to be down for the man, but it was not certain if the debt was the reason he had killed himself.
The deceased’s wife, Bidemi, was said to have discovered the corpse of her husband dangling inside their sitting room when she went to urinate early in the morning.
Amidst wailing,  the widow said her husband did not show any sign that he would kill himself.
She said, ” My husband went out to watch a football match last night and stayed till 11pm and when he came back home, he ate, we chatted, prayed together and he went to bed without any  sign.
“Though he is financially indebted, I have been paying the debt for the loan he took from a micro finance bank. So I don’t understand why he hung himself.
“I woke up to urinate and discovered that the  cloth I used to cover our two year-old child was missing, only to find out that it was the cloth my husband used to hang himself.”
The Divisional Officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, in Olorunda Local Government Area, Mr. Babatunde Ojeniyi, confirmed the incident to our correspondent on the telephone.
He said, ” We have informed the Water and Environmental  Department at the Local Government Area, whose responsibility it is to remove the corpse. But we were told that certain traditional rites would have to be performed before the body would be lowered.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/27-year-old-man-hangs-self-over-n18000-bank-loan/
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by eme1n(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
RIP..
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
PDP is the cause
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Jeboy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
What a wasted life. Same amount some Nigerians use in buying recharge cards or car refueling per time.
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by ikbnice(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
I first thought it was #18m...Suicide is an act of cowardice, honestly!
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Jeboy(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
My broda e tire me oh, d fact that the wife has even helped out to offset the greater part of d loan.I don't want to be seen as judging him but its really surprising for a man to take his life for mere 18k, I pity d wife and son he left behind.
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by kestolove95(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
See wat rauf has caused..
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by whizqueen(f): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
I can relate this story to a woman that jumped into a well over unpaid microfinance loan.

And microfinance was established to fight poverty?
I see angry
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Jeboy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
Why is the cost of human life so cheap in Nigeria and Africa?
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Krak(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
ikbnice:
I first thought it was #18m...Suicide is an act of cowardice, honestly!

Try kill yourself and see.
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Jeboy(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Why is the cost of human life so cheap in Nigeria and Africa?

Yesterday it was 21 years commiting suicide in Abuja, today it is 27 years. We are not Asians!
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by ikbnice(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
Krak:

Try kill yourself and see.
am nt a coward ... U ar free to try it on my behalf.
Re: 27 Year Old Man Hangs Self Over N18,000 Bank Loan In Osogbo by Krak(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
ikbnice:

am nt a coward ... U ar free to try it on my behalf.

Am not in any way glorifying suicide or even in support of it. Infact I am against it.

But I just want you to know that the fear of death is one of the greatest fears that exist in this world. It is both natural and very powerful, and very few people could ever overcome it.

It takes a lot of courage for one to be able to surmount that fear and kill himself. Bro I have been there before so believe me when I say I know what I am saying.

I am not talking about suicide bombers who were brainwashed into doing the act, but I am talking about ordinary men and women who chose that way to exit this world for reasons best known to them.

(1) (Reply)

Islam Vs Terrorism / Is Pedophilia Part Of Nigerian Male Culture? / Missing OAU Law Student Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.