Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media (29486 Views)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2015
And na offering money dem take build church
freely have I given you.......
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2015
My half broda that graduated from this sch sef still dey watch tv 4 house grin
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by airsaylongcon: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2015
[ quote author=elookoo]
lies
maybe your friend wanted to go to a particular school , if you pass jamb and post utme and have your ssce , there is no way you will hustle public universities for 5 years without gaining admission in any
[/quote]

Osisie:

It's a better decision to shut ur mouth if u don't know what u're talking 'bout. No Offense. My elder bro got admission into Unilag last year, after 8 years. Graduated secondary sch in 2005. Wrote JAMB 8 times. U never meet people....

Ur answer buttresses the bolded. I am sure whatever course your brother wanted to study is available in other universities. He was just hell bent on studying it at Unilag. There is NO way an above average student will hustle university for 8 years. At least if Unilag no work Uniben or Unical or ABU must work. At all at all LASU OOU DELSU even Ekpoma sef must click
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Jenkoja(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2015
THANK GOD THERE IS NO PRIVATE NYSC

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by MadCow1: 9:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Babcock..

University for kids who couldn't pass JAMB and who couldn't get a VISA to Ghana or Cyprus.. grin

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Chulex(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2015
Trash! Private schools that are seriously looking 4 profit. Let over 200 of them protest. I dare the school to expel them. Mtchewww. They may just single out one or two persons and say they led the protests.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by ahamonyeka(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2015
Seventh-day adventist church take note.
We that are from the poor home never went to the school as born Adventist we just choose to attend public university because of the high exorbitant fee.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Jcob(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2015
If education is expensive try ignorance. Click Like if you think Education is the best policy for a child and nothing is too much to be spent on it.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by MadCow1: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2015
Osisie:

It's a better decision to shut ur mouth if u don't know what u're talking 'bout. No Offense. My elder bro got admission into Unilag last year, after 8 years. Graduated secondary sch in 2005. Wrote JAMB 8 times. U never meet people....

You mean your Elder Bro wrote JAMB 8 times?¿?¿?

shocked

So you mean say Pikin wey been dey write Common Entrance that year, enter Secondary school, graduate come even enter University before your bro?

shocked

Did JAMB give him scholarship? Or were they giving him discount on his JAMB form?

grin

Ehn suppose add "JAMB Writing" as part of ehn Work experience for ehn CV..

iKid.. iKid.... grin

Seriously though, your bro should run for the office of JAMB registrar.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Babcock Babcock Babcock!!!!! *yawns* Na today
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by QueenEdna(f): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2015
Me i be member of that Church but as my folks cudnt afford d fees, i respect myself attend govt Uni, i got a job now aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ am nt doing badly, so like some 1 says here 'cut your coat accordn to ur size' to avoid stories dt touch. smiley
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by iammrjohnson(m): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2015
pliks d skul vees dont conzign me beht esqueeze-me,i zaw 2.5m or zo vor veeding shocked are they being fed jesus' flesh and blood undecided ?
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by tbadejo25: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2015
The many dangers of capitalism. It really is sad. Making education a rich man's thing.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by bodee(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2015
Elxandre:
The poor ones will lead the protest cheesy
The rich ones will just be like, what are these ones even saying

For people who love to bash private school students as lazy.
Not every parent wants their children to contact toilet diseases in dirty public universities toilet and bathrooms tongue
just as the way most of us have contacted it. The clueless one!
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by JayJustus(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2015
I study outside Nigeria and it's the same school fees...with University of Sunderland degree and we're paying pretty much the same thing?? yeye eyaf smell finish

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Posman(m): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2015
activelyA:
Babcock University students have taken to social media, blogs and forums to protest against the unfair increase in fees.
You will recall that Babcock university is a private christain institution and does not tolerate any form of physical protest as it considers this a grievous offence which calls for suspension and expulsion. Therefore, students of the school, having little option, have resorted in the use of social media as they express their unhappiness with the recent event. This is not the first time of which attempts have been made to increase the fees.
This is coming in with the change in the position of the vice chancellor.
This is not right as it seem this Christian private institution have taken advantage of the state of education in the nation to make things really difficult for the average school leavers to gain admission. Many parents pay through their nose to ensure their children are given education.

As it seems, the media is their last resort as the student association(comprising of students too) have boundaries of which if crossed, they themselves could all be expelled grin
Pls help these students and and their parents in expressing themselves

Please help move to front page.

Cc lalasticlala, ishilove

this is the same schl fees I paid 5years ago while still attending the schl, thrs is no difference here, the protest won't yield much if little...
I was expecting a dramatic increase but this doesn't call for any protest Wat so ever.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Babcock is a private school.....so the only way they can get funding is from fees.

So, the students should just forget about the protest....and either ask govt to take over the school....or swallow the fee increase.

Or ask the Adventists to increase funding for the school(which might be a hard ask....considering the number of Adventist institutions needing funding globally).

Welcome to education funding in Nigeria.....
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Ajgal10(f): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2015
And so After paying over a 100K For feeding,a Student sells off his meal ticket of 2meals for 5k or dashes a security officer.We should all be grateful to our Parents.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Elxandre(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2015
MadCow1:
Babcock..

University for kids who couldn't pass JAMB and who couldn't get a VISA to Ghana or Cyprus.. grin
You too wicked! grin

Seriously I'd rather go school in UG or KNUST than drop so much cash for Babcock.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Ajgal10(f): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Elxandre:

You too wicked! grin

Seriously I'd rather go school in UG or KNUST than drop so much cash for Babcock.
Heheeheeeee that moment when they beef.Go hustle an acct balance to join the league than beefing.

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by activelyA(f): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Posman:

this is the same schl fees I paid 5years ago while still attending the schl, thrs is no difference here, the protest won't yield much if little...
I was expecting a dramatic increase but this doesn't call for any protest Wat so ever.

You mean to tell me that as at 5yrs ago, law was above 2million, accounting 1.5 even IRM 900 and sumfin thousand

Please read and check again...

Like seriously bro! Feeding and accomodation has increased even the miscellaneous has doubled and theologians are paying over 900,000 and you say "pretty the same"

Pls go back to the list, check your course, pick ur previous accommodation and meal type, add the other fees attached to your course, medicals etc. Then you can say it is "pretty the same"

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Elxandre(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2015
Ajgal10:

Heheeheeeee that moment when they beef.Go hustle an acct balance to join the league than beefing.
Not beefing at all.
I once attended a private school too. smiley

I'm just saying rather than pay over 1 mil for babcock, I'd rather go school in those obviously better schools.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by debada(f): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
grin.
Omo see school fees. The accounting 1st semester fees is more than what I paid in my entire 4 years of uni. Yet, I am working in the same firm as people who went to private unis.

Waste of funds, I tell you...
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by tartarus(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
debada:
grin.
Omo see school fees. The accounting 1st semester fees is more than what I paid in my entire 4 years of uni. Yet, I am working in the same firm as people who went to private unis.

I don't think so. When u become a parent you'll know better. We all want the best for our kids. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2015
debada:
grin.

Yes because the Govt paid for your education via subsidies/scholarships in public school....while private schools receive no funding whatsoever from the government....and meanwhile have to pay salaries of staff at levels the govt pays staff of public universities....hence the high fees.

Waste of funds? No. There is a reason why private school fees cost more than public school fees.Funding.

3 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2015
Dem never start. When they dey hear about 'aluta continua', do they think it was on top Internet?

Hiding behind keyboard where school authorities can't identify you will never achieve anything. Resistance always needs a face.

#lazy, fearfear, students
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2015
Osisie:

must your brother go to unilag?
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by javispj(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2015
they posted on social media or protested,, rich people... very soon if them one fight them go put mortal kombat for Tv to settle their difference
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2015
lol thank God i left that school even summer classes are expensive, and at the end of the day not only did not use my babcock certificate i can't even find it, maybe one of my boys don use am do rizzla God knows.

is Makinde still the VC, is he still diverting ........... lipsrsealed

RIP Mr Owolabi cry
RIP Dr Egbuji cry
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by DollyParton1(f): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Iamsolslim:
I swear to God, 5 of my neighbour pikins graduated from this school. 2 of dem study nursing & medicine, 1 study law and d other 2 study accounting. Them still dey collect excursion fees & summer fees all tru

Sofry na. When did Babcock start offering Medicine as a course.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by DollyParton1(f): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
tartarus:

I don't think so. When u become a parent you'll know better. We all want the best for our kids. smiley
no offense, but private university is not the best source of tertiary education in Nigeria.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by activelyA(f): 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Sofry na. When did Babcock start offering Medicine as a course.
Babcock has been offering medicine for 3 years now.
Ben carson school of medicine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6-9-3 Universal Basic Education (UBE) Scheme To Replace 6-3-3-4 / Nigerians, Stop Starting A Sentence With 'Am' Or 'i' - Comrade Nnadi Goodluck / Nairalander Recreates High School Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.