Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? (1232 Views)

What APC Did To Abuse GEJ - Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Photos / Guess What APC Slogan Will Be Come 2019 / See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Heroesofnaija: 3:49am On Aug 19, 2015
FOR HEROES OF NAIJA'S PARLIAMENTARY SITTING OF MONDAY, THE 17TH OF AUGUST, 2015: The ongoing crises between Fashola and Tinubu has deepened recently and it has also brought to limelight that Fashola spent #70 million naira on a website design. although the designer claims he was only given #10 million. Do you think this would have effect on speculation on him becoming the Chief of Staff to President Buhari and what is your take in general regarding all these revelations?
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by NoRetreat(m): 4:13am On Aug 19, 2015
All in a bid to stop him from taking Federal appointment. Anyway, God has made him, he needs not wrestle with pigs.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 19, 2015
hurdles he need to get over to get thre. I wish him well, he has done a great thing for lasgidi.
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by AngryNigerian(m): 4:55am On Aug 19, 2015
In Nigeria,we r always biased wen d isue of corruption comes up...if we investigate & itz true,so wat! we have a million & 1 capable & better candidates for watever job! sombody dat almost did a track on corruption in GEJ's govt. took xtra #60+ mil 4 a website...nooo,jail him like others,& let Agbakoba or any oda good prsn take his proposd job wth PMB! ...or r we saying,"uhm #60mil na small mony;4gve him"? Noo! if datz d case we tow d amnesty way 4 all public fund stealers

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by DonSpankie: 5:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola is a hero during his own administration because he made Lasgidi a mega city while Tinubu is a pain n problem in the ass.... he enslaves Lagosians with lies ( so to say) his achievement was done through speaking words that never see the light of the day whereas serious embezzlement and killings was well done during his tenure.
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by psucc(m): 5:04am On Aug 19, 2015
DonSpankie:
Fashola is a hero during his own administration because he made Lasgidi a mega city while Tinubu is a pain n problem in the ass.... he enslaves Lagosians with lies ( so to say) his achievement was done through speaking words that never see the light of the day whereas serious embezzlement and killings was well done during his tenure.
This article had been marked and accepted as 'Exh A' in BAT vs AIT.
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by oduastates: 5:09am On Aug 19, 2015
Much ado about nothing .
First of all , we are not taking about a bogus contract . The argument was whether it was good value for money ( bloated) .
There is also the moral argument of whether public funds should be used for a website in the name of the governor.
Bring out the details of the contract( not just the heading ) and proof of complicity ( fashola touching the funds from a contract which is percieved as bloated).
You do get skilled personnel people elsewhere who charge bargain basement prices , but the fact remains that if they were really that good , they would have been earning top dog prices.
Poverty is a bastard.
I will take the arguments one after the other.
For this post

One of the arguments : I charge N50,000 For a website.
What sort of website is that?
Anyway , you charge what you are worth.
This automatically tells me that you are an amateur and should sell yourself to a slave master .
If you really have such skills and you sell those skills for peanuts ,then you need to refund your school fees to your parents . I know a few Nigerian programmers who earn N7,000,000 a month , do contract work and they are all laughing at the spectacle ( just ask Nigerians in the diaspora).
My own verdict on the cheap looking website if I were to go the way of the critics

Based on how things work in Nigeria, it is obvious that someone with access sold the idea of the need for a website and made out like a bandit.

2 the websites was used to bury election expenses, cover up a hole , or justify spending .

But I will not jump into any conclusions until those who brought the issue publish the details of the entire contract .

Key questions
1 Does it include an increase in bandwidth ?
2 Is a SLA part of the contract ?
3 does it include the supply of personnel to maintain the website
4 is the purchase of hardware part of the contract?
5 how much has been expended and how much was saved ?
6 and so on ?
Publish the entire contract

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by emmasege: 5:21am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola has all of a sudden become a moral burden & integrity test for Mr. Integrity Buhari, like Amaechi is. I hope some political heavy weights don't go into oblivion & political extinction, sooner than we expect if Mr. Integrity is to keep to his words of not parading corrupt people in his government.
Fayemi's corrupt deals will also soon be exhumed in Ekiti by enemies within & without.
PMB, e be like say na only u waka come o!
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 5:33am On Aug 19, 2015
oduastates:
Much ado about nothing .
First of all , they are not taking about a bogus contract . The argument was whether it was good value for money ( bloated) .
There is also the moral argument of whether public funds should be used for a website in the name of the governor.
Bring out the details of the contract( not just the heading ) and proof of complicity ( fashola touching the funds from a contract which is percieved as bloated).
You do get skilled personnel people elsewhere who charge bargain basement prices , but the fact remains that if they were really that good , they would have been earning top dog prices.
Poverty is a bastard.
I will take the arguments one after the other.
For this post

One of the arguments : I charge N50,000 For a website.
What sort of website is that?
This automatically tells me that you are an amateur and should sell yourself to a slave master .
If you really have such skills and you sell those skills for peanuts ,then you need to refund your school fees to your parents . I know a few Nigerian programmers who earn N7,000,000 a month , do contract work and they are all laughing at the spectacle ( just ask Nigerians in the diaspora).

stop trying to cover up corruption.

if it is wrong it is wrong whether its APC or PDP.

there is more to be revealed, inflated contracts every where.

just last week Ambode revoked properties Fashola gave to his friends and aides.

yesterday no APC caucus attended his book launch.

let the truth be told, Tinubu and Fashola are not in terms, and it didn't start today.

tinubu would love to expose more of fashola's transactions but He knows he can be implicated.

how did some state owned properties become Tinubu's eg, where TVC is sited was Lagos state polytechnic, many properties on VI AND LEKKI now belongs to Tinubu.

why is Alpha consulting owned by Tinubu incharge of IGR,?
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by olasmith10(m): 5:34am On Aug 19, 2015
I sincerely opine dat der is no strong enough evidence weighing up against d integrity of Fashola..its simply another sabotaging...Fashola may b d fat wall gecko dat will burst d stomach of Tinubu's national political antics.. He will b too difficult for him to swallow..
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 5:34am On Aug 19, 2015
FOR THE RECORD THE MOST EXPENSIVE WEBSITE IS COST AT 6MILLION
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 5:37am On Aug 19, 2015
olasmith10:
I sincerely opine dat der is no strong enough evidence weighing up against d integrity of Fashola..its simply another sabotaging...Fashola may b d fat wall gecko dat will burst d stomach of Tinubu's national political antics.. He will b too difficult for him to swallow..
WHAT DO YOU CALL EVIDENCE WHEN THE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT IS THERE?

TINUBU IS JUST WITCH HUNTING HIM SIMPLE
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by oduastates: 5:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
stop trying to cover up corruption.

if it is wrong it is wrong whether its APC or PDP.

there is more to be revealed, inflated contracts every where.

just last week Ambode revoked properties Fashola gave to his friends and aides.

yesterday no APC caucus attended his book launch.

let the truth be told, Tinubu and Fashola are not in terms, and it didn't start today.

tinubu would love to expose more of fashola's transactions but He knows he can be implicated.

how did some state owned properties become Tinubu's eg, where TVC is sited was Lagos state polytechnic, many properties on VI AND LEKKI now belongs to Tinubu.

why is Alpha consulting owned by Tinubu incharge of IGR,?

I have put out my argument clearly. If you have one state your point . Stop supporting corruption is not a valid argument.
You cannot judge any contract from it's heading .
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 5:54am On Aug 19, 2015
oduastates:

I have put out my argument clearly. If you have one state your point . Stop supporting corruption is not a valid argument.
You cannot judge any contract from it's heading .
seems you are the type of contractor that quoted 9bn for the building of vp lodge and still came back to request for 7bn variation,

keep defending him because he's Yoruba

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by olasmith10(m): 5:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
WHAT DO YOU CALL EVIDENCE WHEN THE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT IS THERE?

TINUBU IS JUST WITCH HUNTING HIM SIMPLE

well then, either way, it might spell doom for him at d end..
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 6:03am On Aug 19, 2015
olasmith10:

well then, either way, it might spell doom for him at d end..
it will not fly, his achievements outweighs the allegations.

I want buhari to give fashola, tinubu show go to hell, what did he achieve in Lagos as a governor than looting and sharing with Afereni
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by omowolewa: 6:06am On Aug 19, 2015
They want to settle personal scores
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by olasmith10(m): 6:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
it will not fly, his achievements outweighs the allegations.

I want buhari to give fashola, tinubu show go to hell, what did he achieve in Lagos as a governor than looting and sharing with Afereni

my point exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by Happiness87(f): 6:08am On Aug 19, 2015
olasmith10:

my point exactly!!!
Fashola is 1000times a better fellow than Tinubu
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by natas22: 6:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Op source
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by darlenese(f): 6:13am On Aug 19, 2015
I don't care about Fashola , someone should help me probe Uduaghan jor

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by olasmith10(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
Fashola is 1000times a better fellow than Tinubu

yea, Fashola came to cover Tinubu's errors by developing Lagos and den making Tinubu luk like a Messiah 4 tactically ensuring his emergence as governor

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by callmelanner(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2015
how much is 70million compared to what uncle Jonah and his cohort stole...
pls let's face other issues and leave this man alone. they just wanna hinder his progress! awon bad belle united
Re: What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? by UncleJudax(m): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2015
callmelanner:
how much is 70million compared to what uncle Jonah and his cohort stole...
pls let's face other issues and leave this man alone. they just wanna hinder his progress! awon bad belle united
Don't skid off the argument. Do you have N70million?

(1) (Reply)

Orubebe, An Elevated Thug – Oshiomhole / The Only Regret Of An Average Igbo Man / Rivers Election: Nigeria Military Merges With APC, Sends Witnesses To Tribunal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.