Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) (2308 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / What's Your Take On What APC In Lagos Exposed About Fashola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by obiremy: 8:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Is he right or wrong?

6 Likes

Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by Beesluv: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2015
hmmm
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by libertyfather(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2015
True talk from the wise one
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by modath(f): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2015
Oshodi is a classic example, Area fathers be damned, street trading there just had to go!!

4 Likes

Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by simplycarro: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
What better testimonial can one get from one of Nigeria's greatest men.

1 Like

Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by Aromas: 9:17am On Oct 18, 2015
Great quote
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by jfking2005(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Nice one
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by wheredemdey: 9:27am On Oct 18, 2015
modath:

Oshodi is a classic example, Area fathers be damned, street trading there just had to go!!

Rejoice no more bro....oshodi is back to its former notorious self...miscreants everywhere all thanks to the model fashionista of a governor called ambode aka orobo

Weep man...weeep...its gonna be a long 4yrs.
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by modath(f): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2015
wheredemdey:

Rejoice no more bro....oshodi is back to its former notorious self...miscreants everywhere all thanks to the model fashionista of a governor called ambode aka orobo

Weep man...weeep...its gonna be a long 4yrs.

Agberos never left Oshodi, street trading is my point.

2 Likes

Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by cosby02(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2015
Certified
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by tunwumi: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by donsteady(m): 9:34am On Oct 18, 2015
No one would have said it better
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by Stephansmily(f): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Soyinka my niggy

I tink 'Fashola' shud be added to oxford dictionary..dat definition suits him well...
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by obiremy: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Stephansmily:
Soyinka my niggy

I tink 'Fashola' shud be added to oxford dictionary..dat definition suits him well...
lol
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by lawflec(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2015
How, O! Africans.. How o! Nigerians. Do we celebrate mediocre. I did not get the opportunity to watch the screening live but when i saw the applauds on nairaland concerning how Fashola finished them, i quickly downloaded it on youtube. And to be sincere, i was not impressed not with fashola but with the senators. A house where the make up are half baked. Hw on earth would u explain the fact that Sekibo struggles with English, in a commotion house, Sam Egwu was busy "considering facts'. Of course Fashola being a smart man wittingly answered them in a way their could not understand. To be sincere, Fashola merely finished unlearned law makers and that does not make him a good administrator but a mechanic. Who fixes car based on the understanding of the owner.
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by obiremy: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
lawflec:
How, O! Africans.. How o! Nigerians. Do we celebrate mediocre. I did not get the opportunity to watch the screening live but when i saw the applauds on nairaland concerning how Fashola finished them, i quickly downloaded it on youtube. And to be sincere, i was not impressed not with fashola but with the senators. A house where the make up are half baked. Hw on earth would u explain the fact that Sekibo struggles with English, in a commotion house, Sam Egwu was busy "considering facts'. Of course Fashola being a smart man wittingly answered them in a way their could not understand. To be sincere, Fashola merely finished unlearned law makers and that does not make him a good administrator but a mechanic. Who fixes car based on the understanding of the owner.
Did u listen to the interview with 100% attention?Fashola was just honest
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by PPAngel(f): 1:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
tout
Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by oduastates: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
my score for Fashola is 30 %, which is better than the -100% I score the other foolz.
In other words,most of the others are not fit to manage a small poultry, and they should be nowhere near government.

Why 30%?
I spared Fashola and tinubu of any criticism when the diabolical and evil Jonathan regime was around, but this was not because without fault.
We are so used to mediocrity that an outlier is always celebrated.
We cannot even build our damn roads.( Note that the streets of Ife were paved more than 600 years ago)
For example, after 16 years In government, the SW governors have not deemed it necessary to educate enough citizens to do most of the technical work which are given to foreigners.
They are incapable of looking beyond their immediate political and family circle. And to these people,they give minor the work on which they deliver substandard work.
You want to build bridges, call the Germans in Julius Berger.

You want build roads, call some uneducated Syrians, a Lebanese plumber or a company called RCC.
As " better than the rest " as Fashola is, he is still far from the mentality of the leaders who developed south Korea and Singapore.
One thing for sure, their leaders did not spare the change on primary, secondary, tertiary and civic education.
Technical education was also so important that south Korea at a point sent 20,000 nurses to Germany because they had trained so many.
Also, every spare change and borrowing was spent on industrial infrastructure like Steel, power,machine tools, chemical plant, water, agriculture etc.
What about the arrogance of nationalism? They made sure that whereever possible, they built their stuffs themselves thereby learning from mistake.
If Fashola and tinubu cannot find competent enough and young omoluabis to do most of the jobs they contract out to foreigners, then they are what they are;
Persons in positions of leadership for the times.

1 Like

Re: See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) by SAKUR: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
oduastates:
my score for Fashola is 30 %, which is better than the -100% I score the other foolz.
In other words,most of the others are not fit to manage a small poultry, and they should be nowhere near government.

Why 30%?
I spared Fashola and tinubu of any criticism when the diabolical and evil Jonathan regime was around, but this was not because without fault.
We are so used to mediocrity that an outlier is always celebrated.
We cannot even build our damn roads.( Note that the streets of Ife were paved more than 600 years ago)
For example, after 16 years In government, the SW governors have not deemed it necessary to educate enough citizens to do most of the technical work which are given to foreigners.
They are incapable of looking beyond their immediate political and family circle. And to these people,they give minor the work on which they deliver substandard work.
You want to build bridges, call the Germans in Julius Berger.

You want build roads, call some uneducated Syrians, a Lebanese plumber or a company called RCC.
As " better than the rest " as Fashola is, he is still far from the mentality of the leaders who developed south Korea and Singapore.
One thing for sure, their leaders did not spare the change on primary, secondary, tertiary and civic education.
Technical education was also so important that south Korea at a point sent 20,000 nurses to Germany because they had trained so many.
Also, every spare change and borrowing was spent on industrial infrastructure like Steel, power,machine tools, chemical plant, water, agriculture etc.
What about the arrogance of nationalism? They made sure that whereever possible, they built their stuffs themselves thereby learning from mistake.
If Fashola and tinubu cannot find competent enough and young omoluabis to do most of the jobs they contract out to foreigners, then they are what they are;
Persons in positions of leadership for the times.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Light Situation Getting Worse??? / Obasanjo Is An Expired Man,Buhari Will Fail If He Confronts Me – Fayose / Buhari Reportedly Seeks Deal With Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.