Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,887 members, 7,863,025 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns (944 Views)

Fayose Replied For Calling Buhari His “Grandfather” / Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by catchfun: 6:11am On Aug 19, 2015
The Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has said it is wrong for some Nigerians to call President Muhammadu Buhari “Baba go slow,” adding that such a derisive appellation demeans the office of the President in the eyes of the international community.
Speaking during a news conference at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, on Tuesday, Dickson said that calling the President derogatory names was bad politicking.
He also condemned those who referred to former President Goodluck Jonathan as “clueless,” saying it was wrong to demean the occupier of the highest office in the land.
The governor, whose tenure expires on February 28, 2016, has yet to formally declare his intention to seek re-election in the December 5, 2015 governorship election coming up in the state.
He said, “What are you saying when you call President Buhari ‘Baba go slow?’ In what light are you putting the President before the international community? When you refer to someone as ‘clueless’, what do you mean?”
Dickson explained that politics must be played with honour, dignity and integrity, stressing that the best way to develop the country was for the opposition and the ruling party to interrogate ideas and put the interest of the nation first always.
“We should pray for our leaders. We should support them. Bad politics is not good,” he said.
He dismissed the insinuation that the wife of former President Jonathan, Patience, was sponsoring a candidate in the All Progressives Congress against his governorship ambition.
“Patience Jonathan is not my enemy. I’m not aware she’s sponsoring any candidate against me. Former President Jonathan believes I should be re-elected. He is my elder brother.”
Dismissing the wave of defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC in the state, the governor said the defection was inspired by greed, ambition and personal interests.
He said, “All those who defected are my contractors. Would you call someone who gave you a contract your enemy? They are positioning themselves for federal appointments, as my party cannot give them that.
“I have faced stiffer opposition in the past and I came out victorious. The PDP is solidly on the ground in Bayelsa and nothing can shake it. In the past 16 years, Bayelsa has always been with the ruling party. That is why some of them are going to the APC. It’s all part of politics. The defectors are not my enemies.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/stop-calling-buhari-baba-go-slow-dickson-warns/
lalasticlala
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by eme1n(m): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Wise words..

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by PassingShot(m): 6:20am On Aug 19, 2015
Does it matter? Bigotry is incurable and that's what Dickson and the rest of us should understand.

The Baba himself doesn't care what they call him. He laughs such idiotic appellations off while he remains determined in pursuit of delivering results.

"Baba Go-Slow" that has brought happiness to peoples face in less than three months whereas their baba go-fast virtually crashed the economy with his failure to think through his decisions and actions.

Just as recently confirmed by Jona, he didn't know about many of the frauds perpetrated under him. So, is it not better to be PMB than be GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by dollyptosh(m): 6:26am On Aug 19, 2015
ok
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Splashme: 6:26am On Aug 19, 2015
We've heard you Mr. dick, but we're sorry, we can't help it because that title correctly describes Buhari
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Happiness87(f): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2015
PassingShot:
Does it matter?
hahaha, he even jokingly called himself baba go slow at a function.

slow and steady, wins the race

Dickinson wants to win elections that is all
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by PassingShot(m): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
hahaha, he even jokingly called himself baba go slow at a function.

slow and steady, wins the race
Is this the same Happiness87 that was just two days back condemning PMB?
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 19, 2015
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari

Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari

Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by jamoscofield(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2015
..& how does this concern d cash I just won in Nairabet.. huh
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Happiness87(f): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Is this the same Happiness87 that was just two days back condemning PMB?
quote me where I condemn Pmb

PMB IS MY MAN, I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM IF HE WAS AN INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE.

I beef is for APC for peddling lies, propaganda and hypocrisy.

I pray for buhari to succeed but Tinubu to rot in hell
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by highmood(m): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Well Gov. Dickson, I believe you were aware how your own brother, the former president Goodluck Jonathan was referred to as Clueless by those that hate him for no reason, some learned people and many shameless politicians, but unfortunately, you never said anything concerning that. Many believe it was democracy"freedom to talk'. I believe we are still in democracy, those that are not satisfied with the President should call him the name that fits him. He should prove to the people he isn't.
for your re-election Mr Governor, I believe you should have put in place or completed so many projects as well as began many life enhancing programs that would convince the people to re-elect you because "jungle don mature oh". Anything fit happen at the polls.
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Like I careundecided
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by ziky2010(m): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2015
good statement
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by hardywaltz(m): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2015
Dickson must go...
All these ur strategy wouldn't work.
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by ndcide(m): 7:22am On Aug 19, 2015
I used to agree with this Dickson's opinion.
But now I no longer agree with such.
Besides, buhari himself agreed he was baba go slow.
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by catchfun: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2015
stickncarrot:
[s]Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
Baba go slow = Buhari
i[/s]
guess you are toddler
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Adeyinka12(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Babagoslow

babagosteady

babaprobing.

But if Nigerians call him

baba.no.nonsense dickson won't yarn ooo.

Oya. Buhari come probe those who call you babagoslow

and don't forget to probe the clueless one
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by omenka(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2015
His "brother" lost an election yet he puts up this attitude while his neighbors have been threatening fire and brimestone over his brother's defeat.

Those people have a whole lot to learn about politics.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by sayyid(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2015
how did Dickson knws d meaning of "baba goslow" ? or did he hia Yoruba?
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by PassingShot(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
quote me where I condemn Pmb

PMB IS MY MAN, I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM IF HE WAS AN INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE.

I beef is for APC for peddling lies, propaganda and hypocrisy.

I pray for buhari to succeed but Tinubu to rot in hell
OK. Good to know.
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by jmoore(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2015
He dismissed the insinuation that the wife of former President Jonathan, Patience, was sponsoring a candidate in the All Progressives Congress against his governorship ambition.
“Patience Jonathan is not my enemy. I’m not aware she’s sponsoring any candidate against me. Former President Jonathan believes I should be re-elected. He is my elder brother.”
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by jmoore(m): 8:19am On Aug 19, 2015
Dismissing the wave of defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC in the state, the governor said the defection was inspired by greed, ambition and personal interests.
He said, “All those who defected are my contractors. Would you call someone who gave you a contract your enemy? They are positioning themselves for federal appointments, as my party cannot give them that.

“I have faced stiffer opposition in the past and I came out victorious. The PDP is solidly on the ground in Bayelsa and nothing can shake it.
They have been declared saints by APC.
Re: Stop Calling Buhari ‘baba Go Slow,’ Dickson Warns by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=catchfun post=37107823][/quote]

Are you hallucinating too?

Is Buhari not BabaGoSlow?

(1) (Reply)

Former Governor Amaechi Kneeling Down "Who Punish Judas" / Rich Arab Countries , Feel Shamed By Refugee Situation! / Special Force : Third Marine Commando, The Real Commando

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.