Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,456 members, 7,843,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (48824 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government / Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Abbycite:
we need one in Ogun state.....

Chill. Construction has commenced in Abeokuta. Go to oke-ilewo region.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Btruth: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2015
shikshark:
yes make all the money you can make quickly.....walmart is coming on board, probably to kick you out of business

A bi ooo. Soon, TESCO will follow suit when they observer that the Nigeria environment is business friendly.

"Every little helps"

wink

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Abbycite:
There is a massive structure being built in the premises of Gateway Hotel, Ota. I was told it is owned by shoprite.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Btruth: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2015
Abbycite:
One going on @ Toll-gate, beside Gateway Hotel, Sango-Ota.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol. So na Abeokuta u dey?

I was @ oke-ilewo last week and when I saw the place shoprite wants to use for her business, I was like woow. Well centred and how thoughtful of them.
Yeah..it was well sited. Wetin carry you come oke ilewo

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by persius555(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2015
benedictnsi:

What do you expect my brother??
When we can't support our infant industries??

Nigeria is not only the largest customer to SOUTH AFRICA, but to many countries of the world including China, Dubai, US of A etc.

Most of these our Rich monks and folks, I don't know why they can't do same influential investments in South Africa....
In nigeria, the dumbest people are the richest, while the smartest are relegated to the bottom of the chain. In other climes, the smartest people with great investment ideas are well supported with grants, loans and aids, while in nigeria you dont get far without some govt official's backing or politically influentials. Our business environment isn't built for future growth but thriving mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
NaijaHamlet:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shoprite-to-open-14-new-stores-in-nigeria/217827/
COS OF THIS XENOPHOBIA, I DON'T REALLY LIKE ALL THIS SOUTH COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGES ON US.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT DSTV AND MTN, GAINING HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON OUR HEAD BUT LET TREAT US LIKE PIECE OF SHITTE.

WE REALLY NEED TO GO HARD ON THOSE SOUTH AFRICA COMPANY.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Omotayor123:

Yeah..it was well sited. Wetin carry you come oke ilewo

Business and pleasure. tongue tongue
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Abbycite:
Oke ilewo shop right loafing.. Opposite iwe iroyin.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Chigold101(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2015
kossyablaze:
Yes o,We nid am in Anambra badly
Nnewi and Onitsha will soon be completed... I think Awka too

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by shurlermoz(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2015
This is not good for the our economy in the long run, this big stores sell all sorts of house hold items ranging from toothpaste, to detergent, brush, body cream, grocery, beer, even common sweet, and they sell at a very low cost because they buy in bulk.
what is now left for the common mallam who wants to sell sweet, indomie and gala, or for people who want to open grocery store etc.
These big stores are killing small entrepreneur in a systemic manner.
Do you know that almighty Honey company is now selling packaged N50 chin chin? They should be thoroughly restricted on some consumer items.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2015
wristbangle:

Business and pleasure. tongue tongue
Badt boy grin
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by DTOBS(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2015
NaijaHamlet:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shoprite-to-open-14-new-stores-in-nigeria/217827/
Na the reason why aregbese/aregberascal demolished my alma mata (Fakunle Comprehensive High School, Osogbo)...Still Shoprite never come...
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chino11(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Nnewi Triangle Shoprite Mall under construction @ Nnewi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Btruth: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2015
MyMouth:
How can we allow foreigners take over our retail market? Too bad!!! This politicians that have been sealing our money since God created the earth, can't they start a retail business and generate employment?
It does happen like that sometime Bros. In the UK, the Jews, Arabs dominated their business. America as well, the Jews, Italian and others bring in the investment. All that matters is money, investment and employment to come into the system, and that will create jobs for the youths and also help to drive the economy. We need more foreign investors, if Nigerian looters like, let them go and bury their wealth in the grave.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by wristbangle: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2015
Omotayor123:

Badt boy grin

Lol. If u say so. Where u dey 4 abeokuta? U dey sch there? If yes, which sch?
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by wristbangle: 11:03am On Aug 19, 2015
sonofananimal:
COS OF THIS XENOPHOBIA, I DON'T REALLY LIKE ALL THIS SOUTH COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGES ON US.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT DSTV AND MTN, GAINING HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON OUR HEAD BUT LET TREAT US LIKE PIECE OF SHITTE.

WE REALLY NEED TO GO HARD ON THOSE SOUTH AFRICA COMPANY.

I dey always feel u whenever u comment on a thread.

Well said bro. smiley
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by omogin(f): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Our own dear politicians are hiding dollars underground.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol. If u say so. Where u dey 4 abeokuta? U dey sch there? If yes, which sch?
Am I being interviewed now tongue

Yeah.. But currently on IT!
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2015
shurlermoz:
This is not good for the our economy in the long run, this big stores sell all sorts of house hold items ranging from toothpaste, to detergent, brush, body cream, grocery, beer, even common sweet, and they sell at a very low cost because they buy in bulk.
what is now left for the common mallam who wants to sell sweet, indomie and gala, or for people who want to open grocery store etc.
These big stores are killing small entrepreneur in a systemic manner.
Do you know that almighty Honey company is now selling packaged N50 chin chin? They should be thoroughly restricted on some consumer items.

This is true.

Unemployment level will rise and our poor people running small shops will be put out of business.

And worst still, the company Shoprite is not Nigerian, in the end they will remit their profits back to South Africa leading to more capital flight in the country.

We don't have industries to employ our people yet, most non government workers engage in one form of form of trade or the other. Shoprite is going to knock them all out of business in the long run, yet shoprite can only employ only but a handful of us.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by 2sex(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2015
RHP:
So all these "rich" Nigerians cant think of how to invest here. Rather they take the moneies to other countries...smh
the average Nigerian is not creative nor daring enough.... Fear of losing money and in fact too many dumb people with lots of money but no idea how to use it to amass more wealth.

Do you know that 1 foreign COMPANY own Jumia, Kaymu, Jovago, Carmudi, Lamudi ?
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chino11(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2015
Onitsha Shoprite Mall nearing completion

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by holyokoto(m): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2015
Orikinla:

Jona the drunkard's brother. grin

I don't understand you o
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by 2sex(m): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2015
kossyablaze:
Ibu nkita ara
he asked you to shut up cos of the current BIAFRA agitation. You code? Serious, igbos are emabarrassing themselves.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2015
chino11:
Onitsha Shoprite Mall nearing completion

It's not a Shoprite mall, it's a mall with Shoprite as probably an anchor tenant.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by kennedy67(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Cool
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by Baroba(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
MyMouth:
How can we allow foreigners take over our retail market? Too bad!!! This politicians that have been sealing our money since God created the earth, can't they start a retail business and generate employment?

Sensible point..
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chino11(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
cool
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by chino11(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Awka Shoprite/Cineplex Mall under-construction near Greenwood City

Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 11:17am On Aug 19, 2015
For those talking about our politicians investing in Nigeria, that can be done only if we pass a law that will prevent their investments from being confiscated by vindictive political enemies.

A former governor of Rivers state was said to have looted the state dry and used the proceeds from that to build a world class hospital in SA, Another former governor of Enugu state looted Enugu state and decided to invest the money in Enugu, today his telecommunication company, Radio station and private University have all been confiscated by vindictive political enemies. No other political looter in Enugu will repeat his mistakes, they will all invest the money outside Nigeria.

If we can't stop our politicians from looting our treasury, can't we make favourable laws that will encourage them to invest the money in Nigeria, knowing fully well that eventually, the money will trickle down to everyone.
Re: Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria by phantom(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2015
asha80:
ok seen...though ph and aba been talked as having higher per capita income seems curious to me...i dont see shoprite coming to aba though unless they would just be tenants in on going aba mega mall
it isnt curious at all to me . I dont know about aba,but in PH,people appear to spend money "without thinking", unlike Lagos,where the average Man must rationalise his spending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / Prince Arthur Eze Sprays Bride And Groom With Wads Of Cash (photos) / Dangote To FG: Sell NLNG, Beef Up Reserves, And Recession Will Go By December..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.