Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Are You Tired Of Unsolicited SMS & Telcos Sponsored Messages? Here Is A Solution - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are You Tired Of Unsolicited SMS & Telcos Sponsored Messages? Here Is A Solution (460 Views)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Unsolicited SMS & Telcos Sponsored Messages? Here Is A Solution by QuiverBox(f): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2015
Truecaller called Truemessenger. Essentially it manages your SMS box in a smart way, the same way your email service provider sorts your messages for you.
It tracks senders with a bad reputation (spammy senders) and reroutes their messages straight into your spam box.

Now you won’t have to constantly check your phone during that board meeting each time it vibrates only to see MTN trying to sell a bible quote to you for N50. Neither would your inbox be so cluttered with unread spam that you miss out on valuable information nor would you get overly anxious over each text message you get while waiting for that credit alert nor would you be sold a bad joke that could end your relationship.
Now look at the messages in my spam box

Those tiring job interviews I get invited to without even submitting a job application or those messages that want me to subscribe to daily bible quotes when I very much have a bible app that gives me daily bible quotes for free.
Unfortunately for iOS users, the app is only available on Android devices because the OS allows for third-party SMS apps, whereas Apple’s iOS platform doesn’t.

Visit the Play store and download : Truemessenger

http://www.naijahamlet.com/2015/08/are-you-tired-of-unsolicited-sms-and.html
Re: Are You Tired Of Unsolicited SMS & Telcos Sponsored Messages? Here Is A Solution by frinx: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2015
some phones already have such features built in. Like spambox Samsung S3, old Nokia phones screened msg and others.

Nice info @Op
Re: Are You Tired Of Unsolicited SMS & Telcos Sponsored Messages? Here Is A Solution by ewizard1: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2015
Thats for people who has smartphones as their Daily Driver phone.
We that use Nokia torchlite nko?

(1) (Reply)

How To Root Samsung Ace 4 Lite / New Malware Hacks Over 225,000 Apple Iphone Accounts / MTN Android Getting So Bad Key Pad. Menu, Home And Back Malfunctioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.