Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo (4407 Views)

Probe Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Govts Over N11trn Electricity Fund – Serap / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Probe Obasanjo’s Administration, Waku Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo by cardoctor(m): 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
nationwide1:
Only privatization of NITEL will be probed? That will be disservice to the poor masses of this country.

What about the national library a multi billion Naira project Obasanjo converted to personal property?

What about 16 billion dollars meant for rehabilitation of NEPA with no improvement in power?

Well, I don't even know whether the information is true.

Turn by turn. E no easy. Who next?
Re: Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo by chernest2002: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
If gmb probe obj, then obj will expose gmb sins and nigerians will reject gmb, na him be say 2019 i go win president, I jus dey happy,Godwin na my name.
Re: Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo by agabusta: 3:10am On Aug 20, 2015
opeaceo:

Haaan, the problem started when it was sold to transcorp, that company grounded Nitel, and that period, most of their workers were laid off, something went wrong, and it would be proper if he starts the probe from the beginning.

At the time Nitel was sold to natcom, the buildings and equipments were deteriorated, hence the low price at which it was sold.

Sincerely, sentiments asides probing it's sale to Transcorp doesn't make sense and won't achieve anything. The previous govt before taking over Nitel again should have done that. It will amount to a gross abuse of process for this current govt to start probing Transcorp for d purchase of a company that has already been taken back from them years back. Your suggestions is just trying to put unnecessary yoke of the past administration borne out of inefficiency on the current one.

If there is a reason to believe the company was purposely undervalued in order to sell it to the cronies of GEJ last year, then there should be a probe and if the case is established, the company should be made to pay more or the sale revoked if they refuse to pay more.

I'll support tht the company should be made to pay more as I know they have already employed a good number of Nigerians and won't want them to be out of jobs so soon.

It's no big deal. Late Yar'dua also probed the sale of refineries to Dangote, his kinsman by Obasanjo and revoked the sale when it was established that the sale did not follow due process.

Let's not be sentimental with everything.
Re: Buhari Finally Moves To Probe Obasanjo by opeaceo: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
agabusta:

Sincerely, sentiments asides probing it's sale to Transcorp doesn't make sense and won't achieve anything. The previous govt before taking over Nitel again should have done that. It will amount to a gross abuse of process for this current govt to start probing Transcorp for d purchase of a company that has already been taken back from them years back. Your suggestions is just trying to put unnecessary yoke of the past administration borne out of inefficiency on the current one.

If there is a reason to believe the company was purposely undervalued in order to sell it to the cronies of GEJ last year, then there should be a probe and if the case is established, the company should be made to pay more or the sale revoked if they refuse to pay more.

I'll support tht the company should be made to pay more as I know they have already employed a good number of Nigerians and won't want them to be out of jobs so soon.

It's no big deal. Late Yar'dua also probed the sale of refineries to Dangote, his kinsman by Obasanjo and revoked the sale when it was established that the sale did not follow due process.

Let's not be sentimental with everything.

It's not about being sentimental Sir, things went wrong when it was sold to transcorp, what happened to Etisalat' and British Telecom, where are they?? Why did they make most of their workers non pensionable?? Too many questions, if they must probe at all, let them start from where it went wrong not half way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A South South Man Will NEVER Rule Nigeria Again! / BREAKING NEWS: Jimoh Vs Jegede: S’court Halts Appeal Court As Ibrahim Wins Again / 'my Nigerian Great-grandfather Sold Slaves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.