Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (30648 Views)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / Rivers Poll: Tribunal Upholds Election Of 6 PDP Lawmakers / Peterside Qualified To Contest Rivers Guber Poll-tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by PhockPhockMan: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
obailala:
Succour at last to the wailers! cheesy

Although, the title of the thread is deliberately misleading. The court did not strike out APC's challenge, rather they only struck out the application to have the election materials inspected in Abuja.

Anyway, I dont see APC winning Rivers state even in a free and fair election, but that phantom votes gap has to be closed.
You don't live in Rivers state, I do.
The hatred for Amaechi and APC after the defeat of Jonathan is unimaginable.
I didn't expect Dakuku and APC to get as much they got.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

did i abused anyone?
you have dirty mind angry how did you know i want to abuse him/her grin
I'm watching your comments on the thread to see if you will prove me wrong.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by doctokwus: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
obailala:

Anyway, I dont see APC winning Rivers state even in a free and fair election, but that phantom votes gap has to be closed.
U are wrong.
How and why did Wike win:use of thugs to intimidate voters and inflate votes then using federal might to empower the thugs and perfect the inflation with compliant INEC officials.
Remove federal might,those indices and advantages are lost.When its also realised that an opposition party in rivers might not appeal too much to voters there,u get a significant shift in true votes when actual voting does take place.
Besides, with the amount of baggage Wike has, including murder accusations,& his monumental corruption in the education ministry,the govt may not want to lose the opportunity of arraigning him while he doesn't have immunity,as soon as the tribunal nullifies his victory.
It may bring an initial cry of victimization from PDP, but I feel Amaechi would pull all stops to ensure that irrefutable evidence is brought against Wike,rather than him or even the govt losing that important window to bring him to book.
Why do u think Wike himself is desperate to avoid the tribunal ruling against him? He has clearly also weighed the forces against him and knows that even if d tribunal orders a rerun,he maynot even get to participate in it.He is a man very scared of any unfavorable tribunal verdict just as Amaechi was of a GEJ victory,though for 'south southerner betrayer' victimization.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by pat077: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
APC fighting a lost battle.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Eluwilussit(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
UmuEri:
For anybody who cares to listen, Rivers State is PDP, and PDP is Rivers State period!

It is that simple. Even a pdp cripple (no disrespect to people with disabilities), will win in Rivers. There's no room for anybody else for now at least. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Eluwilussit(m): 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
PhockPhockMan [size=8pt:
[/size]post=37126636]
You don't live in Rivers state, I do.
The hatred for Amaechi and APC after the defeat of Jonathan is unimaginable.
I didn't expect Dakuku and APC to get as much they got.

They don't understand. They won't. So leave them. Port-harcourt and Rivers belong to pdp. Wike will win even if he sleeps while Dakuku is campaigning. grin. Simply because Dakuku belongs to APC. It is that simple.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by putin3: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
Our God is good.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by philips70(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
agabusta:
There is nothing here na. Phockphockman why u dey celebrate nothing? Why are u been manipulative with the headline to [b]fool some semi-illiterate here [/b]who does not read full reports?

The court had earlier granted APC permission to examine the materials. They just tried to push their luck further by requesting that all the materials used for the election should be transferred to Abuja.

This seems unreasonable to me anyways. Why should all the materials used for election be transferred all the way to Abuja?? A lot can happen to the materials in transit.

What they the APC need, is to emphasise that the judgement granting them permission to examine the materials be enforced to the letter. Since they are the party at the centre, it will be easy for them to get enough security to go to Rivers with their forensic experts to examine these materials. Eventhough I support APC on this case, this request to me is frivolous.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by watchindelta(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
abeg who dey look core tv news Nana so. dey said form Governor fashala of Lagos state wipe 75million naira. meaning em chop am codely. na true?
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
Oh!Tinubu thinks it's still the era of justice ayo salami ba?
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by MrALIVE: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Deceitful headline!!! The court only struck out an aspect of APC's prayer and not the entire case.why are u guys celebrating? After all,d court has been striking out wike's motions since this case began
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by philips70(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
agabusta:
There is nothing here na. Phockphockman why u dey celebrate nothing? Why are u been manipulative with the headline to fool some semi-illiterate here who does not read full reports?

The court had earlier granted APC permission to examine the materials. They just tried to push their luck further by requesting that all the materials used for the election should be transferred to Abuja.

This seems unreasonable to me anyways. Why should all the materials used for election be transferred all the way to Abuja?? A lot can happen to the materials in transit.

What they the APC need, is to emphasise that the judgement granting them permission to examine the materials be enforced to the letter. Since they are the party at the centre, it will be easy for them to get enough security to go to Rivers with their forensic experts to examine these materials. Eventhough I support APC on this case, this request to me is frivolous.

Don't be too generous with words. That line should be "fool ILLITERATES here".

Yes, they are many here. The meaning of illiteracy have been readjusted to cater for even some so called daft and easily manipulatable literates like we have on Nairaland.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by funkybully(f): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Useless apc, they want to move them to Abuja n alter the votes over night. Crooks
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by dj187: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
Those following d proceedings from d tribunal knows that so far PDP is loosing woefully & re-run is sure imminent. APC is jst trying to push their luck wit d request for transfer of materials to Abuja.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by pkang: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
olaboy33:
Buh wat are they celebrating for...the court hasnt uphold his victory yet.....Waiting for APC next strategic move......i tink they shld leave it for PDP to show seniority...''federal lo sanwo''.......imagine a whole PDP fightin for just 1 state like this.......nothing is permanent

PDP is not fighting but your pafty party is fighting tooth and nail but soon they will be exhausted and fed up. PDP!!! Power to Nigeria.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by amusadele: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
UmuEri:
For anybody who cares to listen, Rivers State is PDP, and PDP is Rivers State period!
You are right. Apc has brought change. GEJ played a good role by allowing some of the best elections in the world by allowing every political parties to win. He allowed even Edo to be won by another party. As it is now change has come. All the south south and the entire east is for the pdp, while the north and the north are the apc regions. Even if Thieffnubu, Ameachi or Buhari is made the inec chairman, Bayelsa is for pdp. That is the exact change, meaning we now have many countries in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by amusadele: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
UmuEri:
You are right. Apc has brought change. GEJ played a good role by allowing some of the best elections in the world by allowing every political parties to win. He allowed even Edo to be won by another party. As it is now change has come. All the south south and the entire east is for the pdp, while the north and the north are the apc regions. Even if Thieffnubu, Ameachi or Buhari is made the inec chairman, Bayelsa is for pdp. That is the exact change, meaning we now have many countries in Nigeria. Period.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Joeace3000(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
This state and its wahala

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from ARTICLE WRITING TO GRAPHICS DESIGN, VIDEO AND ANIMATION, WEB DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT. It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

Please use our contact forms on the website or through our numbers at the foot
[/b]
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by maestroferddi: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
I am only sorry for Dakuku who allows himself to be led by the nose by a crafty Amaechi.

A man of Peterside's intelligence should be able to see that Amaechi doesn't give a hoot about him. Amaechi is only using him as a bargaining chip to remain relevant and actualise his political ambition of making Buhari's cabinet.

Everyman and his dog knows that Wike will still beat Dakuku even if Wike decides to tie both of his (Wike's) hands behind his back.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by illiad1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Who's the wailer now?
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by mymadam(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
olaboy33:
Buh wat are they celebrating for...

I wonder ooo. The court has NOT denied APC access to the materials but only said that APC already has permission to inspect the materials IN ABUJA. The tribunal simply wondered why APC now wants the materials transferred to Port Harcourt. It is as simple as that. It is NOT that APC has been denied access as requested. So the game continues.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by SpencerLewis(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Emailer:
COOL
What is cool in this matter? Wike canot escape this his electoral heist, MAKA CHUKWU
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
let see how the game unfold
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by robosky02(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
game over
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by igala1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please let's get the facts right before reporting. Follow the link http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-loses-bid-to-stop-petersides-election-documents-inspection/
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Harfisco(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
Pls can someone tell me why the case was not tried in rivers state
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
All the lunatic mastubators who think wike is an acting Guvenor keep mastubating ur thoughts.

I think buhari is for once smart the only way to quickly make the ND militants go back to th creeks is for the opposition to be in power. I think PDP would retain bayelsa. But I want those boys back in the creeks.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by onunwa21(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
If u lik conduct election 100 times, Wike must win Peterside.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by willyo(m): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
What does the APC really want? Cos i see them more of just trouble makers.
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by Anseth(m): 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
The Islamic Section of Nairaland is a Potential Security Hazard. They may be planning a Jihad there and we wouldn't know...but all of you are here discussing what will not save your lives ... ISLAMABAD
Re: Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application by ojnnaco(m): 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
All this tribunal stuff ... y can't this pple allow d governor to breath and do d works endowed in d state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Launches Kano Mass Meter Deployment / "This Country Doesn't Give A Damn" - Femi Adesina's 2012 Article / Femi Fani-Kayode Contracts T.B Joshua To Help Beg His Wife - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.