Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,223 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract (28073 Views)

Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) / Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Mcowubaba: 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
voltron:
Tony Elumelu has annoyed Jagaban -
hw ?
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by hollowpot15684(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
im hurt.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Lancier(m): 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at insurancedirect2u in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
I don't know about nig law,but I know that in a sane country a legal biding contract can't be terminated just like that.I smell fashola was bought off this massive scam of 1m a yr contract.God is watching.

Let's see what the court will say about that.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by eluquenson(m): 10:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
Afriland Properties belong to UBA Group, Jagaban of Africa doesn't have a stake in it , but I believe it's politicise.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by kinibigdeal(m): 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tinubu ruling for the third time
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Mcowubaba:

hw ?

HEIRS HOLDINGS OWNS AFRILAND PROPERTIES.
\
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by eleven(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
euromilion:
I don't know about nig law,but I know that in a sane country a legal biding contract can't be terminated just like that.I smell fashola was bought off this massive scam of 1m a yr contract.God is watching.

Let's see what the court will say about that.

Your point makes a lot of sense. While I agree the concession cost at 1m per year for a prime location as Falomo is very low, we however do not know the full terms of the contract.

Governor Ambode terminating the contract without recourse to the concessionaires sends negative signals to future investors on government instability which is not healthy for long term investment opportunities. Again we don't know if the concessionaires were pre-informed before the termination.

Ideal thing would have been to follow court process for either upward review of the contract or seek cancellation through the courts. Again we await more details to truly understand what happened.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Khez: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bacteriocin:
Ghenghen.
Something tells me this man will fail.
With the look of things, na kick and start he dey do. And the road is still far ahead.
Fashola wey him and Tinubu wan disgrace don already dey with baba and dey can't do nada.
My tot oooo.
B4 una go come dey pinch me small small and if over one million people dey pinch person, na die b dat o
he has failed already bro... The stupid accountant was dead on arrarrival..... He still has fresh on his big face, wait till people begin to curse him he will rearrange grin
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Mcowubaba: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
voltron:

HEIRS HOLDINGS OWNS AFRILAND PROPERTIES. \
okk
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by buchilino(m): 12:46am On Aug 20, 2015
maestroferddi:
I will not take Buhari serious till he probes Lagos from 1999 till date.

Fighting corruption goes beyond allowing certain individuals use the proceeds of corruption to float media platforms and using same to spread spurious propaganda.

Nigerians are no fools...

Nigerians are no fools, r u sure bout dat, coz way some people talk on NL shows otherwise
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by buchilino(m): 12:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Smooyis:
If the termination is in the masses interest, then it is a welcome development.

his just preparing ground 4 WALMART, i think
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by manie(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2015
tinsel:

Afriland is owned by Tony Elumelu. It is a member of UBA group.

Afriland was formerly known as UBA Properties. UBA Properties was spun-off UBA, same way UBA Registrars now Africa Prudential Registrars was spun-off, UBA Capital now United Capital was spun-off.

Afriland , United Capital and Africa Prudential Registrars are now stand alone corporate entities and nolonger part of the UBA group. Heirs Holding owns about 20% shares of Afriland,

It will be wrong to say Afriland is owned by Tony.

Read this to be more informed about Tony antecedents in Afriland and how he got 249 million shares of Afriland that is 20% through a purported mereger between Heir Real Estate and Afriland. This merger was midwifed by Tony's cronies on the board of Afriland. Afriland would have been a better company without the coming of Heirs, which has now led to short-changing of about 280,000 shareholders.

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/real-estate-investment-trusts-reit/3526-afriland-properties.html
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by manie(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2015
emmatok:

Afriland is UBA subsidiary

it is no longer a subsidiary of UBA. UBA spun-off her non core subsidiaries about 3 years ago.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Rogbese(m): 6:55am On Aug 20, 2015
Kelklein:
[size=15pt] IT'S END TIME... PLS BE VERY CAREFUL
[/size]

Yesterday was the 18th of August 2015.

Meaning 18+8+15=41

We are in the 21st century; 21 × 41 = 861

Then combine the figures we have 861+2015=2,886

It was yesterday so minus "1"
2,886-1= 2,885

As you can see, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Thank You for your attention.

You can now go back to what you were doing.

Nothing do you!
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 20, 2015
So those guys where paying that low when things are extremely expensive in that mall, well let's wait and see what a higher payment would lead to
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by freeage7(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Ambode, playing to the script of the Jagaban. Let me just stay calm and watch from the side line.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by haiebeacay(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2015
All these crap in an effort to rubbish Fashola's achievements during his 8yrs of doing wonders and transforming Lagos, thus painting him bad. Ambode and Tinubu should stop this back stabbing and move on with consolidating on Fashola's achievement. Ambode should know that we are watching to know what he will do to match or surpass those of Fashola. The truth is Fashola's achiements complete swallow whatever Tinubu might have achieved, the only thing lagosians are grateful to Tinubu for is that he mistakenly gave us Fashola. So leave our saint for us.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by initiate: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2015
if jimi agbaje has any sense at all he should start getting ready for 2019 from now. he should broaden his horizon and develop tangible management skills

this is apc last term in lagos.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by lolababe331e: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2015
initiate:
if jimi agbaje has any sense at all he should start getting ready for 2019 from now. he should broaden his horizon and develop tangible management skills

this is apc last term in lagos.

You people said more than that last time. These 2 have never liked each other but they will always pull together for elections
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by free13: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
That is 1million per year....... shocked shocked
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by emmatok(m): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
eleven:

Your point makes a lot of sense. While I agree the concession cost at 1m per year for a prime location as Falomo is very low, we however do not know the full terms of the contract.

Governor Ambode terminating the contract without recourse to the concessionaires sends negative signals to future investors on government instability which is not healthy for long term investment opportunities. Again we don't know if the concessionaires were pre-informed before the termination.

Ideal thing would have been to follow court process for either upward review of the contract or seek cancellation through the courts. Again we await more details to truly understand what happened.

1m per year is not too small considering the fact that Afriland is handling the whole project from scratch to finish and will still pay tax to Lagos state government. Apart from other added value like Employment e.t.c

Also note Afriland is not making any money yet from the concession because they are still constructing, and the years of concession reducing.
Lagos Government will have to pay huge some to Afriland before cancelling the concession.
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by disumusa: 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Bacteriocin:
Ghenghen.
Something tells me this man will fail.
With the look of things, na kick and start he dey do. And the road is still far ahead.
Fashola wey him and Tinubu wan disgrace don already dey with baba and dey can't do nada.
My tot oooo.
B4 una go come dey pinch me small small and if over one million people dey pinch person, na die b dat o
that is not your business.

Go and face your wast bin at aba,
Re: Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract by Bacteriocin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
disumusa:
that is not your business.

Go and face your wast bin at aba,
Wetin dey happen for aba?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos) / Paris Loan Refund: Nigeria’s 36 Governors Threaten War With EFCC Chair, Magu / 2019: Obasanjo, Babangida, Abdulsalami, Gusau SHOP For Buhari’s Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.