Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire (33590 Views)

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: 39 Companies Express Interest In Constructing It / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City / Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 3:42am On May 23, 2017
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has terminated a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a consortium of firms to build the 4th Mainland Bridge at the cost of N844 billion.

The MoU for the 36 km bridge, which two past administrations had promised to do, was signed on 25 May, 2016.

The project was to be financed by Africa Finance Corporation, Access Bank, and other private investors who have already signified intention to be part of the construction, while Visible Assets Limited would be the coordinating firm.

But Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development, Mr. Adebowale Akinsanya during a ministerial briefing in Alausa, Ikeja area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria cited the slow pace at which the concessionaire was working as the reason behind the termination of the contract.

According to him, “due to slow pace of work, the contract was terminated. We are now looking at many investors, though interest is very high.”

He said that investors had started scouting for the project from different parts of the world, though the state government had not decided on the proposals it had received.

“The state government has started the proposals. We have such investors from South Korea, Europe and the United States, among few others. What we are doing now is vetting the proposals. We do not want to waste any further time. So works are in top progress on the 4th Mainland Bridge.

“The investors would be named very soon, the state government will enter into concession agreement with appropriate investors that deliver the project,” he said.

On the Airport road project, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Infratructure, Engr. Temidayo Erinle said the state government was yet to obtain the federal government’s approval.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/ambode-cancels-n844b-lagos-4th-mainland-bridge/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by realborn(m): 4:17am On May 23, 2017
A visionary and very proactive government.

Signed May 25, 2016, terminated May 22, 2017.

Enacting timely and promptly, the termination/determination clause on delays by the concessionaire.

If more public entities can be run like real business outfits without forgetting the mandatory social services, the results will be very far reaching. Today, Dubai launched a Robot Police Service. Soon, Lagos may lead a landmark development achievement in West Africa (at the least), at this pace.

Wishing Ambode and his team greater direction in the choice of a new suitable concessionaire.

smiley

250 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by koladebrainiac(m): 4:36am On May 23, 2017
For real?

This will be singular n over all achievement of Ambode and of it happens then Lagos can dream it and achieve t

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by donpapa(m): 5:00am On May 23, 2017
Nice move..

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Vicolan: 5:04am On May 23, 2017
Eko oni baje...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by dealslip(f): 5:20am On May 23, 2017
Almost a trillion Naira for a 36km bridge. This people should fear God oh!!!

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by thesicilian: 5:32am On May 23, 2017
It is a good move, if that is really the reason why it was terminated.

12 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by azimibraun: 5:40am On May 23, 2017
realborn:
A visionary and very proactive government.

Signed May 25, 2016, terminated May 22, 2017.

Enacting timely and promptly, the termination/determination clause on delays by the concessionaire.

If more public entities can be run like real business outfits without forgetting the mandatory social services, the results will be very far reaching. Today, Dubai launched a Robot Police Service. Soon, Lagos may lead a landmark development achievement in West Africa (at the least), at this pace.

Wishing Ambode and his team greater direction in the choice of a new suitable concessionaire.

smiley
I agree with you but I beg to differ on an aspect of it. How come it took so much time to get an incompetent concessionaier? See how a year has been wasted. Who recommended them and how are we sure this won't repeat itself. Time is of the essence. Time lost is lost and time na money.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by wristbangle: 5:43am On May 23, 2017
dealslip:

It may look inflated but the project is massive because aside road, other channels will be embedded such as rail, pedestrian, layby, etc.

Kudos to the visionary step of Ambode. I was wondering what could be delaying the construction of the project but their reason is justifiable but they shouldn't have waited up to a year before they terminate the project from the concessionaire

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by opalu: 6:00am On May 23, 2017
Too bad
Project where I don give testimony for?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by DamiBukola: 6:03am On May 23, 2017
wristbangle:

It may look inflated but the project is massive because aside road, other channels will be embedded such as rail, pedestrian, layby, etc.

Kudos to the visionary step of Ambode. I was wondering what could be delaying the construction of the project but their reason is justifiable but they shouldn't have waited up to a year before they terminate the project from the concessionaire
look at how u r defending corruption. So because it will be done, the road worth almost a trillion naira ?

28 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 6:03am On May 23, 2017
dealslip:

If you see the 3d drawing of that bridge, you will understand why it will cost so much. Plus I think it will be the longer than 3rd mainland.

Let's not forget the value of the naira in the scheme of things. That amount is roughly a little over 2billion dollars. Yet we had a case of unremitted 10 billion dollar oil money or more.

50 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by DamiBukola: 6:05am On May 23, 2017
Vorpal:

If you see the 3d drawing of that bridge, you will understand why it will cost so much. Plus I think it will be the longer than 3rd mainland.

Let's not forget the value of the naira in the scheme of things. That amount is roughly a little over 2billion dollars. Yet we had a case of unremitted 10 billion dollar oil money or more.
stop defending corruption, there is no way that bridge should be up to 1 trillion. A country where everyone defends her own

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by SalamRushdie: 6:10am On May 23, 2017
Ambode running Lagos like it's his beloved child ...I like this man ...Nobody can slow Lagos down under Ambode

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 6:14am On May 23, 2017
DamiBukola:
stop defending corruption, there is no way that bridge should be up to 1 trillion. A country where everyone defends her own

From what I saw, unlike no other bridge in Nigeria, I don't think it will come cheap at least not in naira given it's value.

If am not mistaken the road system will be like the Brooklyn bridge, where roads are over and beneath, the suspension of the bridge over water that will span 3km? The man power required for such, safety measures that will be put in place, testing and durability after it's done and while it's being done. I also think I saw a railway would pass through on it.

Looking at it where some of the materials to be used may be brought in, metals and steel of which I know Nigeria does not have a plant of such magnitude, I think it's a fair price.

I think what anyone should be concerned in is that the company in charge delivers a world class job like it would for a developed country.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by omowolewa: 6:17am On May 23, 2017
Nice idea

1 Like

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by oseiwe(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2017
Vorpal:

From what I saw, unlike no other bridge in Nigeria, I don't think it will come cheap at least not in naira given it's value.

If am not mistaken the road system will be like the Brooklyn bridge, where roads are over and beneath, the suspension of the bridge over water that will span 36km? The man power required for such, safety measures that will be put in place, testing and durability after it's done and while it's being done. I also think I saw a railway would pass through on it.

Looking at it where some of the materials to be used may be brought in, metals and steel of which I know Nigeria does not have a plant of such magnitude, I think it's a fair price.

I think what anyone should be concerned in is that the company in charge delivers a world class job like it would for a developed country.
roads will pass over and under? where will they come from? even railway? I no understand again

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 6:49am On May 23, 2017
oseiwe:

roads will pass over and under? where will they come from? even railway? I no understand again

https://www.nairaland.com/3070700/proposed-4th-mainland-bridge-masterplan

15 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Moreoffaith(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2017
My Governor na everyday I dey pray for you walai.

you no get time to dey cut ponmo, buy beans and buy ugwu

Even those wey no gree for you don' surrender

Abeg ride on my Amiable Governor.

Eko oni baje .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Greenbuoy(m): 6:53am On May 23, 2017
N o n s e n s e
Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 7:00am On May 23, 2017
Useless decision by Ambode
Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by olujastro: 7:02am On May 23, 2017
DamiBukola:
look at how u r defending corruption. So because it will be done, the road worth almost a trillion naira ?
When you don't know, humble yourself and go and learn about it instead of arguing like you get paid for it.
The burj Khalifa cost $1.5b (about N500b). Following your logic, Is it not just a building after all?
Now go and find out more about the 4th mainland Bridge instead of lazily waiting for people to school you about its design. You have Internet access and videos abound on YouTube.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by joseo: 7:02am On May 23, 2017
good idea
Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 7:03am On May 23, 2017
Useless decision by Ambode...

+ No one can enter this concession plan again.
+ Poor handling of the transaction since inception.
+ White elephant project
+ Huge investment outlay with NO returns.
+ Place of 'middlemen' would affect the offtake.
+ Mr Commissioner for Waterfront should resign for this decision.
+ Investors would be wary of this kind of decision.
+ Inflation ti take ova and I am sure new quote would have been submitted say N1.2trillion.

Mynd44 day don break for Agboju oh

Entirely useless decision and nonsense propaganda.

Nonsense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by sinistermind(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2017
Kudos to a hardworking Governor... And i beg to differ as tp those saying the contract is been inflated. This is not just an ordinary road construction, it's a brigde connecting to most places in the state. And not just the bridge will be built, widening of roads leading to the bridge will be done. So at least let us put our paranoai aside and seek good development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by diportivo: 7:10am On May 23, 2017
wonderful decision by ambode

thumbs up ur excellency sir

for those castigating the decision,na una for dey forefront if the project been dey drag eventually

now u are being saved from the misery of ranting later,u are kukuma ranting now

smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by wristbangle: 7:29am On May 23, 2017
DamiBukola:

Who told you I am doing that? Between all projects in Nigeria are always inflated, one cannot deny it.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by Nobody: 7:31am On May 23, 2017
Vorpal:

You cost a project by mere visuals, it shows a deafening endermic ignorance.
Google similar project around the world and check their costs.

Let us stop defending corruption: we will NEVER progress if we continue doing so.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by wristbangle: 7:33am On May 23, 2017
olujastro:

When you don't know, humble yourself and go and learn about it instead of arguing like you get paid for it.
The burj Khalifa cost $1.5b (about N500b). Following your logic, Is it not just a building after all?
Now go and find out more about the 4th mainland Bridge instead of lazily waiting for people to school you about its design. You have Internet access and videos abound on YouTube.

Don't mind the toddle. A 36km bridge would definitely be 2 and the half times the amount spent to build burj khalifa which is the amount projected for it.

14 Likes

Re: Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire by AngelicBeing: 7:35am On May 23, 2017
Keneking:
Useless decision by Ambode...

+ No one can enter this concession plan again......................... l disagree, it is a huge project and from the article foreign investors from South Korea, the US etc are showing interest already.
+ Poor handling of the transaction since inception............True
+ White elephant project..............................................................Not really, it is a good project and it will open up the state for more investment
+ Huge investment outlay with NO returns............definitely, if there was no ROI those foreign countries jostling to handle the project wouldnt show so much interest, no country wants to invest in a dead project, so it will bring huge ROI
+ Place of 'middlemen' would affect the offtake...................l think that is what Ambode is trying to eliminate but even at that there will be middle men at the background and lobbyist for a big project like that.
+ Mr Commissioner for Waterfront should resign for this decision......No, he should not resign except he collected egunje
+ Investors would be wary of this kind of decision....No, they like it, read the article again, Americans are showing interest
+ Inflation ti take ova and I am sure new quote would have been submitted say N1.2trillion..............No worries, as long as it benefits the masses , is it not better than the stolen billions in the hands of useless politicians

Mynd44 day don break for Agboju oh

Entirely useless decision and nonsense propaganda...................Not really, if implemented and it benefits the masses, l am fine, let the masses enjoy the benefits and not these useless politicians.......

Nonsense
My submission in bold and according to one of my mentors >>>> Albert Einstein he says and l quote >>>>“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”cool

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari / PDP Women Lying By The Roadside In Uyo After Their Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.