Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic (822 Views)

A Very Tricky Riddle. Let's See Who Gets It First / Is This English Right?? - PIC / Lets See How Technical You Can Think!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by MRLINGTON(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
where are our good students at?

pls ur help is needed

#student life

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
B
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by hamzakito(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
hmmm
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Luckylife(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
A
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
None.
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
B of course!!
rules of grammatical concord!! hello! didn't u guys go to school?
because u used 'I've' its gonna be 'drunk'

buh if u use only 'I' its gonna be 'drank'

buh if I'm wrong, then its none of then. its so nt A

1 Like

Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Sanchez01: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
EroticAngelina:
B of course!!

You're right but your application is wong! This is a tense cum aspect question and not subject-verb agreement.

To answer this we just have to break it down;

1. I've drank the wine you left in the fridge.
2. I've drunk the wine you left in the fridge.

Our main focus is the verb 'drink' and its variants which in this case are 'drank' and 'drunk'.

Drank: The SIMPLE past tense of 'drink'
Drunk: The past participle of drank, used for the
PRESENT PERFECT and PAST PERFECT.

Present perfect tense: A tense which describes an action that has been completed in the present. Eg, "I have never drunk the coffee".

Past Perfect tense: A tense which describes an that has been completed in the past. Eg, I had never drunk the coffee.

**To the answer;**
The answer is B; "I've drunk the wine you left in the fridge." is correct. It is a present perfect tense with 'have' as its marker.

To make this clearer, here's another example. It's just like the OP asking which is correct between the two.

1. I've forgave (past tense) you - Ungrammatical
2. I've forgiven (past participle - present perfect) you - Correct.

1 Like

Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by TRADELYN: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
grin
You are 100% correct!
EroticAngelina:
B of course!!

Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by fnep2smooth(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
I don't like English I only spoke pidgin

::
In other news

check out the Top10 Upcoming Artist Music Chart in Naija. upload your song for free to compete in the count down @ www.wavetop10.com
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Sanchez01: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
TRADELYN:
grin
You are 100% correct!
She's not correct please. English language is just like Mathematics. The teacher would fail you if your application is wrong whether your answer is right or wrong.

She got the answer clearly, but her explanation is way off. Concord deals with the plurality and singularity of verbs in sentences while putting the subject into consideration. Concord does not deal with verb tenses.
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sanchez01:

You're right but your application is wong! This is a tense cum aspect question and not subject-verb agreement.

To answer this we just have to break it down;

1. I've drank the wine you left in the fridge.
2. I've drunk the wine you left in the fridge.

Our main focus is the verb 'drink' and its variants which in this case are 'drank' and 'drunk'.

Drank: The SIMPLE past tense of 'drink'
Drunk: The past participle of drank, used for the
PRESENT PERFECT and PAST PERFECT.

Present perfect tense: A tense which describes an action that has been completed in the present. Eg, "I have never drunk the coffee".

Past Perfect tense: A tense which describes an that has been completed in the past. Eg, I had never drunk the coffee.

**To the answer;**
The answer is B; "I've drunk the wine you left in the fridge." is correct. It is a present perfect tense with 'have' as its marker.

To make this clearer, here's another example. It's just like the OP asking which is correct between the two.

1. I've forgave (past tense) you - Ungrammatical
2. I've forgiven (past participle - past perfect) you - Correct.

oga, abeg dats long story. I used d shortcut.
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by Sanchez01: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
EroticAngelina:

oga, abeg dats long story. I used d shortcut.
Concord does not deal with tenses... The problem with the two sentences are the verbs "drank" and "drunk".

It is an aspect/tense question.
Re: Lets See How Many Persons That Gets It Right -pic by TRADELYN: 3:45am On Aug 20, 2015
OK, thanks!
Sanchez01:

She's not correct please. English language is just like Mathematics. The teacher would fail you if your application is wrong whether your answer is right or wrong.

She got the answer clearly, but her explanation is way off. Concord deals with the plurality and singularity of verbs in sentences while putting the subject into consideration. Concord does not deal with verb tenses.

(1) (Reply)

ABU Cisco Academy Produces First Netrider In Nigeria / Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, RSUST . / Unilorin Releases 2015/2016 Provisional Admission List (see How To Check It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.