Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. (1206 Views)

Signs That You Are Completely Addicted To Your Phone / Which Application On Your Phone Are You Addicted To? / 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
I installed an application called "QualityTime" last week to find out how much time I spend with my phone.
I discovered something shocking.

I spend an average of 9 hours per day with my phone.
I pick up my phone and unlock it, 354 times in a day.

Out of the 9 hours with my phone, I spend 4½ hours using my browser per day, 1½hours using WhatsApp, and the remaining 3 hours on other applications like mx player bbm, gmail, messenger, dictionary, music, settings, contact, Instagram, gallery etc.

When I remove 6 hours sleeping time, and 1 hour for early morning preparation, 50 minutes for eating and walking, 1 hour talking with friends and other things.

I am left with 5 hours 10 minutes to do important things like studying.

Please help me! Its annoying how my phone takes a whopping 9 hours from each day. What the heck?? angry
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Trendy247: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Op u're lucky its only 9hrs, wat if u were INTROVERT who spends over 22hrs a day browsing only nairaland??

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
Am more addicted than you are bro. It's pathetic, my automatic default setting is to press my phone..

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by parrotibaba(m): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
e be like say u no get work for hand
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
looks like this a general problem. But thank God am changing. What Social media will cause,only God in heaven knows.
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by shikshark: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
dash me then!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by joywendy(f): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
It is a matter of discpline. if you don't start to do something about it, it will get worse.

Turn it off then Time yourself and look for something to be doing during those periods. Get yourself busy, if you are the type that recieves a lot of phone calls get a smaller phone like a nokia touchlight.
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by blessedvisky(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Me too. And its affecting my life embarassed sad sad cry cry
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
joywendy:
It is a matter of discpline. if you don't start to do something about it, it will get worse.

Turn it off then Time yourself and look for something to be doing during those periods. Get yourself busy, if you are the type that recieves a lot of phone calls get a smaller phone like a nokia touchlight.

I think I like that idea. I can even schedule my phone to switch off at strategic times, then I start studying immediately, wouldn't touch my phone until I am through studying. But do I have this discipline? undecided
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Promking: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
@OP, your case dey minor, as for me....touching my phone was my hobby. I never allowed the games on my phone to rest plus twitter & whatsapp

I was lucky that i was able to overcome it, I initiated rehab for myself. I gave my phone to my friend who was travelling for like a month. It wasn't easy at first but after like 2 weeks...i began seeing myself being busy at other useful things, Now my phone doesn't 'shack' me the way it does like before
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by joywendy(f): 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dapo777:

I think I like that idea. I can even schedule my phone to switch off at strategic times, then I start studying immediately, wouldn't touch my phone until I am through studying. But do I have this discipline? undecided

Okay I can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. It is a gradual process, you don't expect the change to just happen immediately, if you can cultivate the habit of timing yourself and looking for other activities to put in place. It would be easier for you to get of the addiction.

Yes you do, it lies on you. How badly do you want to get rid of this addiction? Determination and discipline is one of the strong pillars for eliminating addictions.
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
joywendy:

Okay I can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. It is a gradual process, you don't expect the change to just happen immediately, if you can cultivate the habit of timing yourself and looking for other activities to put in place. It would be easier for you to get of the addiction.

Yes you do, it lies on you. How badly do you want to get rid of this addiction? Determination and discipline is one of the strong pillars for eliminating addictions.

Lol, no I am not sarcastic. Trust me I have very fast at changing, snappy fast.
I will just have to see how I will overcome this. U didn't say things I will be doing while I am away from my phone.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Promking:
@OP, your case dey minor, as for me....touching my phone was my hobby. I never allowed the games on my phone to rest plus twitter & whatsapp

I was lucky that i was able to overcome it, I initiated rehab for myself. I gave my phone to my friend who was travelling for like a month. It wasn't easy at first but after like 2 weeks...i began seeing myself being busy at other useful things, Now my phone doesn't 'shack' me the way it does like before

Damn that must have been terrible. How can I give my phone to someone travelling for a month. Ogbeni. Life would be so boring for me cry embarassed
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by slimmyjimmy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
grin MY PHONE NA BOBBe
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by joywendy(f): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Dapo777:

Lol, no I am not sarcastic. Trust me I have very fast at changing, snappy fast.
I will just have to see how I will overcome this. U didn't say things I will be doing while I am away from my phone.

Oh all right. That's good. Get a book to read, go out and learn a skill, spend time with friends, watch a movie, take a nap etc

If it doesn't work make a deal/bet with someone for some kinda cash/item that you can survive at least a week without your phone. Almost like what that guy said above give it to someone you have some trust in.Maybe when money is in place,you would learn by force what to do with the free time. grin
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by abdulo4real: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Then go and throw it inside lagoon......grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by phollybee(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
I'm addicted to my phone so, much to the extent my eyes turn Red... And I still... find it difficult to stop. Dnt know what to do again oo
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by boman2014: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Dapo777:
I installed an application called "QualityTime" last week to find out how much time I spend with my phone.
Out of the 9 hours with my phone, I spend 4½ hours using my browser per day, 1½hours using WhatsApp, and the remaining 3 hours on other applications like mx player bbm, gmail, messenger, dictionary, music, settings, contact, Instagram, gallery etc.
When I remove 6 hours sleeping time, and 1 hour for early morning preparation, 50 minutes for eating and walking, 1 hour talking with friends and other things.
Please help me! Its annoying how my phone takes a whopping 9 hours from each day. What the heck?? angry

thank you for bringing this up for we the youth to see how we use our precious time to spend with a phone instead of doing something productive.
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
joywendy:

Oh all right. That's good. Get a book to read, go out and learn a skill, spend time with friends, watch a movie, take a nap etc

If it doesn't work make a deal/bet with someone for some kinda cash/item that you can survive at least a week without your phone. Almost like what that guy said above give it to someone you have some trust in.Maybe when money is in place,you would learn by force what to do with the free time. grin

Hmmm. Nice idea.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Lexusgs430: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
I am a addicted to my phone, and proud of it. More better to be addicted to my phone than alcohol, cigarette, prostitutes or other ills in our society!!!
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Mhizizzy(f): 11:48am On Nov 12, 2015
Promking:

Really?
I wish I cud do same too
Phone addiction is real..
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Emeka71(m): 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dapo777:

Go and enter 1 chance.
Re: Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. by Cholls(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mhizizzy:

Really?
I wish I cud do same too
Phone addiction is real..
my sister hi

(1) (Reply)

First Smartphone To Host Upto 384GB Memory / 2 Different Data Sub Plans For The Same Line In The Same Month; Is It Proper?2 / Tecno Camon C9 Key Features And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.