Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) (20588 Views)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / Here Are Some Of The Best Android Shortcuts You’re Probably Not Using / Wow! this new Glo data plan will amaze you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
You love your smartphone. It helps you get from point A to point B, it keeps your email readily accessible, and it helps you to stay connected to friends near and far. There’s no way something so awesome could be harmful, right?

Wrong.

Smartphone addiction is a real concern, especially as people become increasingly dependent on these gadgets to conduct daily activities. If you fear your devotion to your smartphone is bordering on addiction, here are 10 signs it might be time to seek help:

1. You text people who are in the same room as you.

2. Your phone goes everywhere with you — even the bathroom.

3. You can’t recite any of your loved ones’ phone numbers from memory.

4. You sleep with your phone.

5. You don’t know how to turn your phone off.

6. Your self-esteem is tied to how many notifications you get.

7. You see more through the photo app on your phone than the eyes in your head.

8. You panic if your phone is out of sight.

9. You’d rather be late than arrive without your phone.

10. You can’t stop peeking at the screen, even during a movie or your favorite TV show.

SOURCE: http://.com/10-signs-youre-probably-addicted-to-your-smartphone-no-5-will-amaze-you/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by helpinghands(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Smart phone addiction has been the order of the day.. But am not addicted sha...
Here are some questions to ask yourself to see if you may be addicted to your smartphone:

Do you check your smartphone within an hour of waking up?
Do you check your smartphone within an hour of going to sleep?
Do you check your smartphone at times without any reason?
Do you check your smartphone over 30 times per day?
Do you have to check your smartphone the moment you receive a text message or email?
Do you check and use your smartphone during face-to-face interactions?
Do you feel the urge to text, call, or social network while driving?
If you were asked to give up your smartphone for one week, could you do it?

#Stop_Addiction....
It kills...

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Gboliwe: 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
No. 1 is crazy. As a FBI money comes first, I can PING the person, but surely not text. N4 means so much to me tongue

I am guilty of more than half of the others sha. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by greatness22(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lolzz, that Number 4 tho..... i'm guilty, pls arrest me.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Warlord3000(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
Guilty of some but texting person inside same room is way way way overboard smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by BrightEye(m): 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
I do go to bathroom with my smart phone...
Am I addicted??
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by killzone(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
Guilty of 4 and 2
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Guilty of 2 and 10
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
I'm guilty of almost everything.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by ibawon(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Only guilty of number 3, I only know my Mum's number and mine off heart. even my Girl own I no Saabi. I put my phone on automatic on and off, no matter what I'm doing whenever it's time to go to sleep. Alaye I don commit B that

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by prodiG(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
na lie undecided
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by lonelydora: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Everyone is guilty of Number 10.

I'm guilty of number 1 whenever me and my colleague wants to gossip our manager or colleague.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by nollyway(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
My addiction wasn't there!! WHY!!!
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by free2ryhme: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
sammyomal:
You love your smartphone. It helps you get from point A to point B, it keeps your email readily accessible, and it helps you to stay connected to friends near and far. There’s no way something so awesome could be harmful, right?

Wrong.

Smartphone addiction is a real concern, especially as people become increasingly dependent on these gadgets to conduct daily activities. If you fear your devotion to your smartphone is bordering on addiction, here are 10 signs it might be time to seek help:

1. You text people who are in the same room as you.

2. Your phone goes everywhere with you — even the bathroom.

3. You can’t recite any of your loved ones’ phone numbers from memory.

4. You sleep with your phone.

5. You don’t know how to turn your phone off.

6. Your self-esteem is tied to how many notifications you get.

7. You see more through the photo app on your phone than the eyes in your head.

8. You panic if your phone is out of sight.

9. You’d rather be late than arrive without your phone.

10. You can’t stop peeking at the screen, even during a movie or your favorite TV show.

SOURCE: http://.com/10-signs-youre-probably-addicted-to-your-smartphone-no-5-will-amaze-you/

Lies, pure lies

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by samseen02(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
I'm only guilty of N0. 5
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by free2ryhme: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Demmocrats(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
Op that means everybody is quilty of all you listed.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by tintingz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
So what should we do now? undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Fernandowski(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lolz....all of em caught me

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by humblesteve(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yes am guilty of all...got HITTED...lol

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by mmsen: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Who remembers phone numbers nowadays?

That has nothing to do with smartphones - people stopped dialling in regular numbers years ago.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by bqlekan(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
I think everyone is addicted to his/her smartphone.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Titto93(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
mzTarsh:
I'm guilty of all
humblesteve:
Yes am guilty of all...got HITTED...lol
booqee:
I'm guilty of almost everything.. shocked

You deserve beating, don't ask me why
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by sassiemyk: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
GodDey

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by helphelp: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
True
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by donlemson(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Am always on nairaland 24/7

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by kilokeys(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
No. 6 though
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by lilmax(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Okay
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
2,3,4,5,8,9.. Na me be this cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by ednut1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
I need deliverance. My addiction no be here cry

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by prodiG(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
nollyway:
My addiction wasn't there!! WHY!!!
grin grin
Re: 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) by IamLEGEND1: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
na too hear music for bathroom wey sure pass jare......
and I only know my Papa number and my own for head....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meta Services - Facebook, Instagram & Whatsapp Are Down In The United States / My Open Letter To Tecno Mobile / MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.