Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Yoruba? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Yoruba? (3043 Views)

50 Reasons Why Yoruba Never Had An Empire But Civilized By Benin / Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa / Why Yoruba Culture Accommodates Success In Outsiders - Farouk Martins Aresa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yoruba? by farotika(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2009
alansam007:

I didn't say Nigaria have a problem, ok, What i simply mean is that the YORUBA race have to look back and know who they are,where they coming and the sons of who they are(ODUDUWA).

Ebony-Silk,Hauwa, Plz i dont need your contribution

Bros alaanusaamu, whatever jargon you want to rant, don’t insult my ebony. You claim to know Yoruba culture but you know nathing; cos you've known that Yoruba says: Ela loro ati pe sapatara bayii ni a n sin'to. Meaning if you want people to understand you, you'll speak in clear language (except you have something to hide)

Olodo nla tongue
Re: Why Yoruba? by dayokanu(m): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2009
he is saying Alawuye should be intro in school where we can learn O for Obo shocked shocked shocked shocked etc (i mean monkey o)
poster, nigeria if facing many problem jare. ma ke mo, pele

Hauwa!!!!!! Hauwa!!!!!! Ha ha Ki na so Chinbura ko? why not D for Duri, G for Gindi, or T for Tsuliya
Re: Why Yoruba? by Moyola(f): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2009
Re: Why Yoruba? by origina9ja(f): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
non sense
gud jokes sha

Re: Why Yoruba? by Hauwa1: 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
blimey grin grin dayokaduri, this is serious grin

Ebony, the guy does not want us on his thread buahahahahahahaha ojigbijibijigbijigbijigbe
bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu let me cry on your thread as you drove me out bu bu bu bu bu cry cry cry cry bu happy now grin
Re: Why Yoruba? by nguage(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2009
If you don't understand the thread starter and his reasoning, why should you come into his thread. Honestly, I don't get it.

Threadstarter, I understand you and sometimes I feel what you feel. I imagine I'm a Yoruba man from the past, how would I feel about my great-grand kids and how they no longer care about any aspect of our glorious culture. But I think our ancestors are wise and they realize that the only thing that never changes is change in itself. Just live good and do your own thing, don't bother replying people who have made up their minds to disagree with everything you say.
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
farotika:

Bros alaanusaamu, whatever jargon you want to rant, don’t insult my ebony. You claim to know Yoruba culture but you know nathing; cos you've known that Yoruba says: Ela loro ati pe sapatara bayii ni a n sin'to. Meaning if you want people to understand you, you'll speak in clear language (except you have something to hide)

Olodo nla tongue
Thanks baby kiss kiss
Tell him o tongue

*Hauwa*:

blimey grin grin dayokaduri, this is serious grin

Ebony, the guy does not want us on his thread buahahahahahahaha ojigbijibijigbijigbijigbe
bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu let me cry on your thread as you drove me out bu bu bu bu bu cry cry cry cry bu happy now grin
rotfl grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Yoruba? by tiffcisco(f): 5:54am On Mar 28, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Umm, I would just like to say that last night I read this and laughed so hard!! One thing I can say about Nigerians is that they are fierce and hilarious with it. lol!!! I came BACK to this thread to see if something else was here and read the entire thread again, and laughed as if it were the first time. Wow!! I must say the Yorubas have not lost their sense of humor!!! My boyfriend does this and I thought he was just a funny person. He can be telling a story and I will be almost in the floor laughing (in a public place lol) (He is Yoruba by the way lol) Anyway, This was soooo funny!! I would love to see a short film done from this material, My mind is running thinking of the ways to make this work, (I studied acting and directing in school!! This would just be too funny) OK I need sleep. Sorry to the original poster. I know you are taking this very seriously, which adds to the humor a bit, So I apologize, for the lack of sensitivity, but this thread has made me laugh so hard my sides are hurting and it is NOT from my workout this morning. ahahahaha!! I think I will go to bed, cuz my family prob thinks I'm nuts and need a robot doctor lol!!!! Thanks again. This has made my day again lol!! I think I burned abt 100 calories laughing!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Yoruba? by origina9ja(f): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
lol
you dont seems very okay to me
very funny thread yh
but i knida understand what the poster is saying tho
it means a lot of sense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Portrait Painting In Lagos / Ritual Beheading In Nigeria / Igbo Culture In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.