Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Yoruba? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Yoruba? (3036 Views)

50 Reasons Why Yoruba Never Had An Empire But Civilized By Benin / Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa / Why Yoruba Culture Accommodates Success In Outsiders - Farouk Martins Aresa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
What is going on in this country?Things wasn't the way it should, People have change totally including our culture and heritage, Why?That is the question i couldn't answer myself, I feel sorry for my great grand father,how did they have trust in the future for them to have labour so hard for the upcoming ones', What a pity.

Fine,the world is changing but should we have to change our culture likewise?My own opinon is NO, My follow yoruba people our ancestor is leave us,bcoz we don't give respect to the gods of the land any longer, What a pity 

I don't know what to write again bcoz my laptop is full of tears, Hope i will drop-by some other day to put something down, Be expectant

ESESE LAGBA
Re: Why Yoruba? by asha80(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2009
Guy i do not really get ur drift? undecided
Re: Why Yoruba? by iReport: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
I know you guy wouldn't get  it,bcoz isn't a gist but an issue for mature minded people that know about yoruba culture, EKU O KE BI EKU,ERAN  OSI KE BI ERAN,

We the yoruba have to save the culture from mess, PLEASE SAVE YORUBA CULTURE FROM MESS.
Re: Why Yoruba? by iReport: 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2009
What the hell are you complaining about? why is your laptop weeping? what is wrong with Yoruba? Write it in plain english abeg.
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2009
I'm weeping bcoz i feel the pain our fore father goes through, what about you ?do you feel the same?
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2009
asha 80:

Guy i do not really get ur drift? undecided
abi o.

Why Yoruba what?

Whoa re the gods of our Land?
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2009
I will appreciate if some Lagos children whose claim to be a yoruba race do not reply, please, This is a serious issue that needs attention
Re: Why Yoruba? by iReport: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
I'm weeping bcoz i feel the pain our fore father goes through, what about you ?do you feel the same?
Which pain did your ancestors go through that are more than what the present generation of yorubas are going through now amidst poverty and lawlessness?
Re: Why Yoruba? by iReport: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2009

I will appreciate[b] if some Lagos child whose claim to be a yoruba race do not reply[/b], please, This is a serious issue that needs attention
Roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2009
alansam007:

I will appreciate if some Lagos child whose claim to be a yoruba race do not reply, please, This is a serious issue that needs attention
Answer the questions being asked. As you can see, we don't think your thread is comprehensible.
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
My brother,i don't like the way you talk, okay, Mind the way you talk about my race, okay, Who are the people that causes it?Are they not people like you who do not respect our culture.
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
Who are you?Why do you think my thread is not comprehensible, The thread is not for you but the people that see from the angel i look from, okay
Re: Why Yoruba? by asha80(m): 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
This guy must be daft.Spill the beans!
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
alansam007:

My brother,i don't like the way you talk, okay, Mind the way you talk about my race, okay, Who are the people that causes it?Are they not people like you who do not respect our culture.
What race?
How do you think I disrespect your "race"?
My sister, I don't like how you answer my question with questions

alansam007:

Who are you?Why do you think my thread is not comprehensible, The thread is not for but the people that see from the angel i look from, okay
Abeg, clarify the point of the thread jare
Re: Why Yoruba? by iReport: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
Somborry is writing from a mental home around igbobi.
Re: Why Yoruba? by tpia: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2009
Whoo!metal home?that is a bad language you know?You are a kids, This is not for you, I really needs a reply from an elder follow who know the way out, Thank you sir
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
Why do Nigerian people like to talk in riddles sha  grin
Re: Why Yoruba? by pureminded: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
SAVE YORUBA CULTURE for so called new school
Re: Why Yoruba? by biina: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2009
@poster
What I have been able to garner from you is that you feel that the yorubas should maintain the culture and religion of old.
Unfortunately your communication skills leave a lot to be desired (and your grammatical error and typos aren't helping either).
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
Mr Engilishe, Thank you for your correction, I think i have to go back to school,so i could be able to speak good english and bad YORUBA, wink
Re: Why Yoruba? by Hauwa1: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
he is saying Alawuye should be intro in school where we can learn O for Obo etc (i mean monkey o) grin
poster, nigeria if facing many problem jare. ma ke mo, pele.
Re: Why Yoruba? by alansam007: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2009
I didn't say Nigaria have a problem, ok, What i simply mean is that the YORUBA race have to look back and know who they are,where they coming and the sons of who they are(ODUDUWA).

Ebony-Silk,Hauwa, Plz i dont need your contribution
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
alansam007:

Mr Engilishe, Thank you for your correction, I think i have to go back to school,so i could be able to speak good english and bad YORUBA, wink
You fear good english because you fear losing your mother tongue?
There's an alternative you know.
You can speak both fluently wink, if you try
Re: Why Yoruba? by Hauwa1: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2009
kare o cool
Re: Why Yoruba? by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
Partner with becomrich to move yorubas in nigeria to benin republic.
Re: Why Yoruba? by pureminded: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Yoruba? by Omonla(f): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2009
alansam007:

I didn't say Nigaria have a problem, ok, What i simply mean is that the YORUBA race have to look and know who they are,where they coming and the sons of who they are(ODUDUWA).

:Slips into an armchair, considers amusement potential of thread:
grin

And this is relevant to achieving what, precisely??
Re: Why Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2009
I will appreciate if some Lagos children whose claim to be a yoruba race do not reply, please, This is a serious issue that needs attention

Can you imagine?
Re: Why Yoruba? by osisi2(f): 2:32am On Mar 27, 2009
alansam007:

Whoo!metal home?that is a bad language you know?You are a kids, This is not for you, I really needs a reply from an elder follow who know the way out, Thank you sir

I am an elder fellow
and my response is that you're sounding psychotic
are you seeing things?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Feminism Really Un-african? / "OJUJU CALABA". How Did They Come About This / Big Daddy Upgrade Sweet Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.