Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,210 members, 7,846,012 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments (24543 Views)

Shiites’ Member Faints As Buhari Returns (Photo) / Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ephi123(f): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2015
truefact:

Yorubas are evil people. ....
Ritualistic people, so fetish and diabolical. ...soon they would tell you how suffercated they are....they are nothing....evil propaganding is is what they termed progressive. ..cowards bunch

With this much hatred in your heart, how do you live day to day? Na wa o. It's scary how dark some people's hearts must be.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by TheAdvocate(m): 8:39am On Aug 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The presidency has apologized and promised to do the needful. Problemx fixed, nothing for wailers to wail about. cheesy

Assuming this error was not pointed out to the president by senators, this illegality would have stand.

I will suggest that if an appointment is subject to confirmation by the senate, such appointee should not assume office until after the confirmation.

The act of the appointee assuming office before confirmation is an act of arm twisting and derogating the powers of the National Assembly whether to approve or refuse the confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by TheAdvocate(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2015
Assuming this error was not pointed out to the president by senators, this illegality would have stand.

I will suggest that if an appointment is subject to confirmation by the senate, such appointee should not assume office until after the confirmation.

The act of the appointee assuming office before confirmation is an act of arm twisting and derogating the powers of the National Assembly whether to approve or refuse the confirmation.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Passionate04040: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Why wont him overlook due process when he is on a mission to place northerners in every position........
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Jesusloveyou: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2015
EastLebanon:
If na oga jona all hell for don let loosed by now.
two important law that PMB uphold differently from ur clueless gej, 1 he sent a letter to senate to guaranty a loan, which ur clueless gej fail to do, 2 he sort senate to confirm service chiefs, and which saraki said it was not necessary, and which gej also fail in case of ihejirika, on this very issue, due process was followed
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ba7man(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2015
If i was President, i would have them hunted down secretly till they reduce their salaries and allowances. angry angry angry........ stupid senators.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2015
Oga president, please rectify this fast!
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by front247: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2015
D way buhari is behaving clearly shows he is not refined, a semi -illiterate and does not follow due process. I dt know why we can't get men of wisdom to rule dis country

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ahaz: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The presidency has apologized and promised to do the needful. Problemx fixed, nothing for wailers to wail about. cheesy
my friend shut up.must you commit the error and apologise later?all in a hurry to appoint a northerner buhari misfired.

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dejavski(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
crixtex:
Nigeriana hate truth especially some SWs... and it isnt fair.... if it was GEJ dat is doing all ds things nw dem no go let am rest....

Am from Ondo SW and I have always maintained my stand that they r the most hypocritical set of people in this country. A typical yoruba man in a position of power would never help his brother in need cos of the fear of that one becoming more successful than him in future angry
I would rather align myself with the Atlantic Coast which is closer to my Side than the SW region

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by modhream: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Nodcock.
Problem has not been fixed by a long shot.As it is,AMCON is totally incapacitated until the new executive is confirmed by the Senate.Can't you buttlickers read and think?.
Btw,which Minister of Finance recommended the appointments?.Cos that's what the law says.
And were the EDs nominated by the CBN or the politicians in the Presidency?.These are breaches of the law,which one simple acknowledgement of "oversight" can't fix

2 Likes

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Jessewizy(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You are an eediot. So yoruba owns Okija shrine ?
Your stup!dity stinks
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2015
DaGC:

Well, since you are a fan of the President being insulted, carry on. It was my bad. Apologies.

am a fan of allowing anyone do whatever he/she deem fit right. Jonah-daft is receiving from what he sowed. Has he apologized for calling leaders of a section of a country Rascals? Deal with it.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by sage2(m): 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Customs boss loading...
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by sparkwil(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2015
The dullaard is genetically dictatorial
He can only at best mask it
He became President because southern Nigeria is divided
He may remain President if d Senate remains divided
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by chetaraph(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Where is d so called press in all dis buhaha! They have been so calm and quiet even in d face of so many shortcomings of PMB! Maybe not as much as those of GEJ but with the way they went viral with the sole event that GEJ failed to cancel an appointment in sokoto (I think) a day after the abduction of chibok gals.... U wouldn't have expected such calmness.

Nobody understood the meaning of mistake with GEJ

Like sum1 sed, if it were to be GEJ, he would have been served an impeachment notice. Plus d fact of not having a single minister months after election! Infact GEJ would have been charged for "TREASON".

Equity and fairness... Missing since 1960!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by PointB: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2015
So how is the duara dullard going to fulfill this part of the requirement without appointing his cabinet? undecided

“(a) A part-time Chairman who shall be a nominee of the Federal Ministry of Finance in consultation with the Minister.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by PointB: 9:16am On Aug 20, 2015
omowolewa:
Its either an oversight or lack of confidence.

It's neither. It's cluelessness borne from the abyss of the duara dullard's perpetual state of ignorance and bigoted mindset!

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Iykopee(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2015
A despotic kunu drinker is in charge. Expect policy somersault. Thats all.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by pitoski(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Honestly, i just wish there is nothing like this senate. So baba can do anything he likes...
Honestly am disappointed at this statement. We are in democracy and not military
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ZUBY77(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2015
MRLINGTON:
PMB himself is d law

he knows d law beta dan dis senators wit fake certificates dat cares only for their stomach

SAI BABA

kip d good works going.....

Animal.
You will do well in Berlin Zoo
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Opinedecandid(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2015
I won't say a thing other than call those that have cultivated the habit of ignorantly ranting that with or without education a leader of a nation or state is good to go TO HAVE A RETHINK.

Can they sincerely appreciate the price of ignorance as well as the losses, pains, delay, etc, illiteracy can cause?

If you live this life and exit without the temerity to call a spade a spade, you merely occupied space while you lived.

ENOUGH I ENOUGH!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by iswallker(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2015
SenseiX:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/senators-concerned-as-buhari-may-have-overlooked-confirmations-for-amcon/217952/

no oversight here..

before the appointments were made...the laws were looked at line by line...

Nigerians being deceived since 1960... grin grin
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dougivilla(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2015
shaddoww:
All the president did is to tell them to fucking get back to what they are elected for, hw will they sit for just 9days and go on recess for almost 6weeks, dey better resume or he will do more to provoke dem
This is fooooooooolishness at it peak.

Kai Peak milk ............... its in you!!!
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by BraniacX(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2015
MRLINGTON:
PMB himself is d law

he knows d law beta dan dis senators wit fake certificates dat cares only for their stomach

SAI BABA

kip d good works going.....

You are an effing blithering stinking stup1d 1mbecilic and mor0nic idi0t!!! angry

If i fit see you now i go physically break your head into a million pieces........

WHat NONSENSE!!!

Animal
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by M4gunners: 9:29am On Aug 20, 2015
Nigeria is now one Man business.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ode1840: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2015
Am i dreaming, Can someone tell me we av senators in the red chamber, i dont think so cus their constitution right is to postpone house sitting every month
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by musa1980yahoo(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2015
INTROVERT:
He should be called to order fast...
These noice making senators started again. PMB is a principle man whatever he will do will be guided by Rule of law. You are just not happy because PMB did not allow you have a hand in the appointment.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ndcide(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2015
This is simply high handedness, fueled by moronic praise singing.

The earlier the legislative house get their act together and make this buhari led executive walk on eggshells, the better for them.

If they don't, they'll die, and trust APC media team to blame all failure of the government on the legislative house.

Saraki and dogara should wake up now before the executive render you guys as inconsequential.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Gboliwe: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Terrorist-cum-dictator all rolled into one.

Contunu!
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dougivilla(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2015
bigerboy200:

how does this compare with looting the treasury and defending such by saying "stealing isn't corruption" The presidency has said they gona do the needful and follow due process with regards to the appointment, what else do u want
It requires about five times the energy to do right at first instance, to correct a wrong foolishly done!!. Where are the professionals around him?

This is energy wasted or expended in a wrong direction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ffks Lies About Kanu Agreeing To Work With PDP Busted! / Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi / Buhari Rejects Call For Tenure Extension, Vows To Step Down Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.