Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,559 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:05 PM

Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments (24550 Views)

Shiites’ Member Faints As Buhari Returns (Photo) / Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by rajay2015: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2015
ejirede:
call to order by whom ? Those senators that have collected over 36 million each without passing a bill
I tot this same senators are on holidays as usual
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by bigerboy200: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2015
dougivilla:
It requires about five times the energy to do right at first instance, to correct a wrong foolishly done!!. Where are the professionals around him?

This is energy wasted or expended in a wrong direction.
The GEJ (I don't even know mayb he is also ur hero) u mentioned in ur previous comment had professionals around him, right?? we saw how well and good GEJ was advised..
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by henrysam(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2015
This is how our constitution will be flagrantly be abused because we want change.
It's when we make monster out of Buhari that we shall know we are in for a real show down.

Many are hailing him now. Wait until your fundermantal human right is grossly abused.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by vikyno(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2015
I am not surprised at all cos I expect no less from a President Buhari.

My problem is with the commissioner (Osinbajo) who is said to be a professor of Law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by tete7000(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Uhmm!
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dougivilla(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2015
bigerboy200:

The GEJ (I don't even know mayb he is also ur hero) u mentioned in ur previous comment had professionals around him, right?? we saw how well and good GEJ was advised..
Is this topic about GEJ or PMB and the senate? Is GEJ still president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria??

Ohhh oh sorry; I see that all of a sudden, mr. clueless has become a performance benchmark for your own hero, the Daura magician!!.

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Billygee2u: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2015
INTROVERT:
He should be called to order fast...
he is calling for his impeachment.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by simpleseyi: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2015
dokiOloye:
Imagine d kind of noise d Yoruba dominated Nigerian press would have made if it were a SS or SE person on d seat and did this coupled wt d sickening appointment of northerners in 95% of d posts so far?

Establish your own press and do whatever you like with it or is it only baby factory, fake drug factory, hard drug factory and human trafficking company you people can establish? Wailing wailer, Keep wailing, your wailing is our joy.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by nkowaputa(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2015
MRLINGTON:
PMB himself is d law

he knows d law beta dan dis senators wit fake certificates dat cares only for their stomach

SAI BABA

kip d good works going.....

What is impunity?

What is good work?

PMB is wrong on this.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by babestella: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Demdem:

Such will never happened in the days of Jonah-daft, instead the fool will blame an imaginary enemy or better still the "cabals"

Calling GEJ names as you just did shows how low you are. I see your pain and feel very sorry for your kids and your father if you have one.
Pèlè social media miscreant, it will not change your 20yr old worn out shoe and shirt you wear everyday to the buka to eat èwà àgonýin & garri.

Ride on with your factory fitted stewpidity & don't wail when your mentor pmb is thoroughly abused.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Billygee2u: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2015
dokiOloye:
Imagine d kind of noise d Yoruba dominated Nigerian press would have made if it were a SS or SE person on d seat and did this coupled wt d sickening appointment of northerners in 95% of d posts so far?
they are the problem of the country.
they are 2 face

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Demdem(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2015
[s]
babestella:

Calling GEJ names as you just did shows how low you are. I see your pain and feel very sorry for your kids and your father if you have one.
Pèlè social media miscreant, it will not change your 20yr old worn out shoe and shirt you wear everyday to the buka to eat èwà àgonýin & garri.

Ride on with your factory fitted stewpidity & don't wail when your mentor pmb is thoroughly abused.
[/s]

Fool, that ur inherited ur cursed state from ur fathers and u are bound to pass it over to ur seeds is none of my business neither is it an issue on this thread. Carry ur calamity away from here.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Realist2: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
.....and the confusion continue.

I thought he has a Law Professor as VP, or has he been reduced to a mere Commissioner ?.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by bigerboy200: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2015
dougivilla:
Is this topic about GEJ or PMB and the senate? Is GEJ still president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria??

Ohhh oh sorry; I see that all of a sudden, mr. clueless has become a performance benchmark for your own hero, the Daura magician!!.
Millions of Nigerians prefer the daura magician....Thanks.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dougivilla(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2015
bigerboy200:

Millions of Nigerians prefer the daura magician....Thanks.
So why do you and these your millions keep bringing up GEJ's name every now and then, even on issues that are completely unrelated to him.

What for instance is GEJ's connection with senators concern over Buhari (the Daura Magician's) failure to follow due process?
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by ccollins(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2015
INTROVERT:
He should be called to order fast...
hello can u excuse me with your foolish comments.. do you have a family member who is a pdp card carrying person because with you comments have been seeing.. I noticed you are obnoxiously bias
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dabossman(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

The presidency has apologized and promised to do the needful. Problemx fixed, nothing for wailers to wail about. cheesy

I wonder why we even split hairs over unnecessary semantics in this country. So if the President appoints a new IGP or announces his ministerial list for instances, he has to also add that it is subject to senate screening before we know it is? Is that not a given already? Has the new appointee resumed work? Or what is the fuss about?
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by hamzyluv(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2015
owobokiri:
Brazen breaches of the law that could have earned Jonathan an impeachment notice. The fact that many in APC are very comfortable with this, shows how we run this country with double sets of rules. From borrowing and allocating funds without legislative approvals through injecting himself in the middle of the power tussle for the leadership in the legislative chambers to sacking technocrats and flooding officialdom with dimwitted party cronnies and ethnic henchemen, this disaster from Daurra has broken the law repeatedly while a hitherto vociferous press watches arms akimbo! Mercenery press and their phantom god. .
so president should wait for those stupid honourables to resume work before he appoint someone of his choice ? they work for just 9days and close chamber for 6weeks and collected over 36millions without passing A single bill into law... .. .. .. .. .. don't worry they will meet me when I actually become the President ..
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by neocortex: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
MRLINGTON:
PMB himself is d law

he knows d law beta dan dis senators wit fake certificates dat cares only for their stomach

SAI BABA

kip d good works going.....

Are you being sarcastic with that statement.
We all know the man who forged his school cert.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by neocortex: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
strawb:
Those lawmakers Neva see anything
Sebi una dey shout democracy wen u went against the party and president's choice of d senate president. Be prepared for show.
BTW, once a soldier, always a soldier. Know the person u are dealing with. undecided

Do u care to reduce your tummy and cut down on excessive fat from your body, click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2499520/good-news-now-get-rid

Caveman!
Nigeria is a state not a jungle.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by neocortex: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Mr. President, I know you won't do it as you're a person of fairness, integrity and due process.

But secretly I wish you'll just outmaneuver the dolts in the opposition and declare martial law.

Make yourself the supreme ruler and introduce deaths squad.

Some of us are ready to make the sacrifices that are necessary for a better Nigeria for the next generation.

Those who sacrifice freedom for temporary delusional security
deserves neither liberty nor security and will get none.

Must you be a slave ?
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by adconline(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Does GMB have legal advisers who are knowledgeable in constitutional law?
He appointed service Chiefs without senate approval until legal scholars started pointing out the illegality of his action.
Can he uphold the law for once? This new appointment shows that GMB doesn't care about Naija Constution..I wonder how he's going to execute his so called war on corruption without the rule of law.. Bishop Kukah has been vindicated!!
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by bigerboy200: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
dougivilla:
So why do you and these your millions keep bringing up GEJ's name every now and then, even on issues that are completely unrelated to him.

What for instance is GEJ's connection with senators concern over Buhari (the Daura Magician's) failure to follow due process?
u were d one that dragged GEJ into d thread...which was y i even gave a reply....check ur 1st comment and stop being sympathetic to ur so called hero...
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by kenny987(f): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
It is not just the Senate confirmation. It has to be done in consultation with the Minister. Where is the minister to be consulted with? How can anyone call this am oversight? It is complete dereliction of duties and his legal team if any should be fired immediately as an example. Such 'oversights' are unpardonable.

However if Buhari is acting under his own counsel or from bits n pieces here and there because he may not have taken the pain to constitute a legal team to advise him on such and other matters them he needs to suspend himself and get his act together.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by kenny987(f): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
strawb:
Those lawmakers Neva see anything
Sebi una dey shout democracy wen u went against the party and president's choice of d senate president. Be prepared for show.
BTW, once a soldier, always a soldier. Know the person u are dealing with. undecided

Do u care to reduce your tummy and cut down on excessive fat from your body, click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2499520/good-news-now-get-rid

You should have been concerned that we were shouting democracy yet a supposed majority voted in an unrepentant autocrat with a military background to boot! That is where the issues lie. Buhari had better surround himself with sound advisers. This is a democracy whether he likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Everfrank(m): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
mianyaegbu:
He probably has his own law since he is not following the law of the land.
I think he should be called to order before he continues with this almighty attitude
It's better we have the corporation completely shut down than the corruption and lawlessness that was the order of the day under Mustapha Chike-obi.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by kenny987(f): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
hamzyluv:
so president should wait for those stupid honourables to resume work before he appoint someone of his choice ? they work for just 9days and close chamber for 6weeks and collected over 36millions without passing A single bill into law... .. .. .. .. .. don't worry they will meet me when I actually become the President ..

What about the requirement for the input of the Minister of finance? Where is the minister? The Senate has its own incomprehensible issue but this is all Buhari's wrongdoing.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by kenny987(f): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
dabossman:

I wonder why we even split hairs over unnecessary semantics in this country. So if the President appoints a new IGP or announces his ministerial list for instances, he has to also add that it is subject to senate screening before we know it is? Is that not a given already? Has the new appointee resumed work? Or what is the fuss about?

There is a provision and statutory requirement for the involvement of the Minister of Finance. Has that been complied with? The appointment was stated to be effective from 18th August so that completely negates the Senate component. If he knew or was prepared to comply with that the appointment would not be effective until Senate confirmation is sought and obtained.

1 Like

Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by kenny987(f): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
vikyno:
I am not surprised at all cos I expect no less from a President Buhari.

My problem is with the commissioner (Osinbajo) who is said to be a professor of Law.

The Vice-President will only do the bidding of his boss. If his input is not sought then he will not give it. Again that is not his job specification. It is the duty of the President to get his legal advisers/team ready to properly scrutinise all actions that border on constitutionality or statutory requirements before he carries them out. If he fails to do that and embarrasses himself like he has done now then it's all on him. This is not a military regime where u hire n fire ir even imprison at will. There are due processes which must be followed.
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dabossman(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
adconline:
Does GMB have legal advisers who are knowledgeable in constitutional law?
He appointed service Chiefs without senate approval until legal scholars started pointing out the illegality of his action.
Can he uphold the law for once? This new appointment shows that GMB doesn't care about Naija Constution..I wonder how he's going to execute his so called war on corruption without the rule of law.. Bishop Kukah has been vindicated!!

Let us stop playing unnecessary politics here. That the President makes an appointment doesn't mean the person starts work immediately, especially where a Senate approval is required. He has simply put a name forward. More or less like a nomination. That is what he did with the Service Chiefs. That is the same way it was with GEJ, Yar Adua and OBJ before him. The Service Chiefs didn't start to work until after the Senate ratified their appointment. What legal scholars are you referring to bruv?
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Demonic hypocrites in apc.
I spit on you all to the pits of hell fire
Re: Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments by dougivilla(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
dabossman:

You may need to go read the press release announcing the appointment or carry out little researches before making this kind of comments. Even the presidency has accepted their error. What else do you know that the presidency does not know.

What does the phrase ''the appointment takes effect immediately'' mean to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers Properties From Ex-Militants And Bankers (Photos) / "APC Dead, Buried" – Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi / Lagos State Government Resumes Construction Of The Ten-Lane Lagos-Badagry Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.