Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Using Mtn 3g With Linux - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Using Mtn 3g With Linux (1732 Views)

Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price / Help: My Mtn 3g Modem Disconnects Frequently / Mtn 3g/dstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Mtn 3g With Linux by IG: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
I don't know wether somebody has posted something similar but I hope this will help

I am using ubuntu linux 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) with the Huawei E170 usb modem supplied by MTN.

If you are also using ubuntu 8.10 then things are a bit more easier. The following steps are what you need to do.

1- Right click on the network icon on the top panel and select "Edit Connections" this will bring up the network connections window

2- Select "Mobile Broadband" tab

3- Click on "Add". A wizard (druid in linux) will come up

4- Select Nigeria from the country list and you will get a list of mobile operators in Nigeria.

5- Select MTN , click "Next" and "Apply"

The next time you left-click on the network icon on the panel you will get a list of connections. Select the one you just created "MTN" and you will be connected.

Now you are ready to start surfing.

If this didn't work or you are not using ubuntu 8.10 then you can try using wvdial utility
more info at http://a-ig..com/2009/03/mtn-3g-and-linux.html

(1) (Reply)

Is Nobex Radio Working On Your Blackberry / Full Specifications Of Samsung Galaxy s8 & s8+ / Phone Screen Problem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.