Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System (998 Views)

Latest Addition To The Nigerian Music Scene, Godwin Jay Drops Club Banging Song / Slow Dogg- Is He The Nigerian Ja Rule? / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by AMENZEIGBINEDION(f): 11:20am On May 20, 2005
What do you think about Music Being Incorporated in the Nigerian Education System?

As music is becoming more acceptable, do you think that it should be incorporated in our education system? Like one could actually study Music or Music Technology in school and university to appreciate and understand it more. I studied Music Technology as one of my A-Levels and I really enjoyed it.

I also took it for granted that it was music and it was easy but it was not, I started playing the violin and piano from a very young age, but still I had to work hard. Now I am able to produce and work a full studio on my own. I can now see music from a number of different angles, as a singer, songwriter, producer etc. Don't get me wrong, to study music technology you do not necessarily have to be a really good player at an advanced level but it would help if you do have a foundation of music.

The amount of work that goes into a track is phenomenal, hours and hours of hard work of which some people do it without any recognition, but the final product is worth all the pain and stress.

Hit me back with your opinions. wink
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by Seun(m): 12:36pm On May 20, 2005
I'm pretty sure that there are Nigerian Universities where you can study Music-related courses. I also believe that Music is one of the subjects you can study in the SSCE examination and even the JAMB UME examination.
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by demmy(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2005
Seun is right. Nigerian Universities offer courses in Music. UI have one I'm sure. Even I had music lessons in Secondary school class1&2 though not my favorite subject. I found it boring.
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by Allenpowered(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2005
Well, I think is a great idea. If music can be encouraged as part of our education curricula, maybe we'll discover a lot of Felas, Lagbaja et cetera in time. Then their energies can be channelled in the right direction.
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by slimprisi(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2005
Whoa man that's a great idea, and you know, though we've got music courses in some universities in Nigeria, they should broaden everything about it.

You know, I love music. Man, it sets me off and I mellow out with it.

Great idea keep it up/
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by Catapult(m): 3:17pm On Mar 06, 2007
Dats right, i think once the govt can get the youth work, incorporating music into the education system will help alot, cos nigeria music industry is growing, which is giving our youth time to get involved in the industry. I think if course like music production can be introduced, then we will have enough producers who only need a small amount to start their own label and studios, also course for song writing, all this will save us from unemployment.
Re: Incorporating Music Into the Nigerian Education System by em19em6: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija

(1) (Reply)

This Day! Like No Other,9 Inmterntioan / How Much Would You Pay To Download A 9ja Jam Online ? / Disturbia By Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.