Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" (43247 Views)

Aisha Buhari's Alleged Impostor Speaks Out, "Politicians Are Soiling My Name" / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks On Dasukigate... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
shizzy7:
Agree,, But most times I decipher the meaning of individual words so I will be able to relate it with other words in any sentence..,,

I love the fact that he's unique and distinct, the fact that others speak basic English would not let him do the same even if people complain,, he graduated from UNIBEN and I have watched most of his Videos on YouTube
Yeah. I have watched most of his videos too.

The fact is that, trying to figure out individual words is good when you wanna try to know their meanings and usage as the case may be. But, that is hinged on the fact that you have the time to do such. Whereas, in a case whereby you are just reading a piece, especially a lengthy one, or in an official or exam setting, then deciphering individual words would be detrimental, as it would be time consuming amongst other things.

I really like the man. And in fact, I have come to learn a lot from the way he speaks. And, he not only uses plain English terms alone, but also some biological, philosophical and idiomatic expressions. Not to mention his usage of Latin terminologies.

It's sad how people complain about his usage of words. For me, it motivates me all the more to up my game and build up my vocabulary archive. The question that comes to the fore in this kinda scenario is; if these words are not meant to be used, as evidenced by many people complaining, then why were they coined since we already have words to use in place of them?

People are just lazy to better themselves in the way and manner they express themselves. It's sad.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol was thinking the same
Was like similar to our very own thesonof.mark.. I thought i new english till i reach NL open my eye mehn
wink
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
no wonder he failed his course.dis is an epic trash mehn.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Elparaiso:
My American friends do not understand half of his speeches.
Them just day laugh the guy.
FYI, most Americans don't know how to speak English. Writing it is even worse. If you talk about British fellas, that would be a different matter altogether.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
princetiloye:
As far as am concern his not communicating
Kettle calling pot black. Smh
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 9:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
captianfreeman:
At least I know the word anomie, it is derived from indomie .
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Olasco93: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sikiru and Latifu, abeg make una Two carry dat Baba-Dudu Encyclopedia come....eheen, una thank you, esee:::
Oya: The intention is not to deliberately befuddle or obfuscate the Presido of our Microscopic Vias Nation but insisting that I do not set out to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability.
I want to tender an unreserved apologia to my colleagues and
all those who feel that my language is
obscurantist. The truth is that I do not set out deliberately to mystify my audience, to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability or in portmanteau of conundrum. No, no, no, no! Far from it.

The cosmic force would not allow me to do that. But, you see if you ask homosapients who have interfaced with me for close to twenty icabido loas years of my reign now, they would tell you that I no longer speak high sounding language. I have reduced it radically and ospiuslly.

If you have the opportunity to listen to my speeches or debates ten, fifteen icabido years ago, then it would have been a different kettle of fish all together. So, I am convinced that I’ve tried, I am trying and I will continue to try to ensure that my language, or my idiolect is as limpid and
as diaphanous and Oesophagulistic as possible.

You see, oh! no no no. My coaservite nature of imposture has cankracarve me like capitalentic mettusela. So
don’t be maniacally bewildered if I speak most times, from what I draw while reading. But, really, the intention is not to deliberately befuddle or obfuscate my presentations on the floor of this new leadership of what i call ''Change Dole'' of the New Aminu-Kano Salakawa changeacus.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
This man's english gives me joy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Femistico(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
This man again...he no dey tire
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by shefflaw(m): 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
kingstylo01:

like this:

"in the ascendus maskulahahawa order, pushey a tray of gascolalasticlaclacious semovitamus hayiguaha coupled with a souplacious crikankon edibiebie egusihead invariated with a cow leggogus obustasia wahehelikoto to my erectsus tabular forbido gaga ken kum"

*Waiter faints
cheesy
LolLol shocked
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by shizzy7(f): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
dmcdad:

Yeah. I have watched most of his videos too.

The fact is that, trying to figure out individual words is good when you wanna try to know their meanings and usage as the case may be. But, that is hinged on the fact that you have the time to do such. Whereas, in a case whereby you are just reading a piece, especially a lengthy one, or in an official or exam setting, then deciphering individual words would be detrimental, as it would be time consuming amongst other things.

I really like the man. And in fact, I have come to learn a lot from the way he speaks. And, he not only uses plain English terms alone, but also some biological, philosophical and idiomatic expressions. Not to mention his usage of Latin terminologies.

It's sad how people complain about his usage of words. For me, it motivates me all the more to up my game and build up my vocabulary archive. The question that comes to the fore in this kinda scenario is; if these words are not meant to be used, as evidenced by many people complaining, then why were they coined since we already have words to use in place of them?

People are just lazy to better themselves in the way and manner they express themselves. It's sad.
I LIKE YOU,, how am I supposed to reply you when you've already said all I could have typed in your post......

I guess we should start interacting in Patrick obiahon's biological, philosophical, and idiomatic expressions,Latin terminologies slaughtered with pidgin English(kidding) 'cos am not lazy... That man actually lectures in evey of his speech... I have been learning the ones in the link below I hope you find them useful and learn them also If you have the time

http://www.vocabulary.com/lists/52473#view=notes
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by sulmeza(m): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
kingstylo01:

like this:

"in the ascendus maskulahahawa order, pushey a tray of gascolalasticlaclacious semovitamus hayiguaha coupled with a souplacious crikankon edibiebie egusihead invariated with a cow leggogus obustasia wahehelikoto to my erectsus tabular forbido gaga ken kum"

*Waiter faints
cheesy
lol...u jst made my day..
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Eluwilussit(m): 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Always spewing an ambiguous sentence with no frame of having an intrinsic or objective meaning; his vocabulary most times lacks definite structure or organisation.

You can't use that many 'big' words in one paragraph. The world has moved away from 'big word syndrome' long time ago. Everyday English is what's in vogue.

When the people(recipients) miss your message, then there's no communication. He doesn't have to use his dictionary, just to say that PMB is right and we are wrong. slowpoke.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
shizzy7:
I LIKE YOU,, how am I supposed to reply you when you've already said all I could have typed in your post......

I guess we should start interacting in Patrick obiahon's biological, philosophical, and idiomatic expressions,Latin terminologies slaughtered with pidgin English(kidding) 'cos am not lazy... That man actually lectures in evey of his speech... I have been learning the ones in the link below I hope you find them useful and learn them also If you have the time

http://www.vocabulary.com/lists/52473#view=notes
Thanks. Of course it would be resourceful to me.

Really, I have learnt lots and lots of new and fanciful words from Mr Patrick. I never knew a word like "crinkum-crankum" ever existed. And usually, many of these words can't be found in the average man's dico. You would need to peruse through bigger dicos, encyclopedias and/or Google some of them to see their meaning and learn of their usage.

One thing about me is that, I always take the positives in whatever encounter I have. And it's always a good encounter reading a piece by Mr Patrick.

I like the fact that a lady can be so concerned about making herself better in terms of building her vocabulary. This is not common among Nigerian ladies nowadays. So, I enjoin you to keep it up. More power to your elbow dear.

Have a blissful night rest.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Theophrastus(m): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Many Are Mad But Few Are Roaming
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Elparaiso:
My American friends do not understand half of his speeches.
Them just day laugh the guy.

Sharrap dia,u know ame,talk less of rica.
Abi na De Rica u wan talk before undecided
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by mikolo80: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:
He speaks and advance dictionaries are consulted

In moby dicks voice " there she blows"
more like 'Thar she blows '
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by shizzy7(f): 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
dmcdad:

Thanks. Of course it would be resourceful to me.

Really, I have learnt lots and lots of new and fanciful words from Mr Patrick. I never knew a word like "crinkum-crankum" ever existed. And usually, many of these words can't be found in the average man's dico. You would need to peruse through bigger dicos, encyclopedias and/or Google some of them to see their meaning and learn of their usage.

One thing about me is that, I always take the positives in whatever encounter I have. And it's always a good encounter reading a piece by Mr Patrick.

I like the fact that a lady can be so concerned about making herself better in terms of building her vocabulary. This is not common among Nigerian ladies nowadays. So, I enjoin you to keep it up. More power to your elbow dear.

Have a blissful night rest.
Some of his words sounds like a joke but they actually have meanings,, some sound too rugged to be English.. when some pastors are speaking in tongues they must have unknowingly spoken correct vocabularies ... Do you know where I can download an encyclopedia? I am very good in those of INSULTs but its mainly british eng. e.g Pillock,Gom,Tosser,twit - you should check their meaning,,,
All of these things can be useful to me somehow in exams, when interacting with intellectuals and all,,,

Tomorrow I will give you 5 vocabularies, then you will construct a sentence from each of them and you will also give me 5.
Do we have a deal??
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Elgaxton(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
qualityovenbake:
Always spewing an ambiguous sentence with no frame of having an intrinsic or objective meaning; his vocabulary most times lacks definite structure or organisation.

You are wrong on that one, he uses his vocabulary in the right structure. Checkout those words and see the examples used then you will understand.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Elparaiso(m): 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
diamondtutu:

Sharrap dia,u know ame,talk less of rica.
Abi na De Rica u wan talk before undecided
I would have loved to show you some pictures...
But proving ones location is useless to illiterates.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
shizzy7:
Some of his words sounds like a joke but they actually have meanings,, some sound too rugged to be English.. when some pastors are speaking in tongues they must have unknowingly spoken correct vocabularies ... Do you know where I can download an encyclopedia? I am very good in those of INSULTs but its mainly british eng. e.g Pillock,Gom,Tosser,twit - you should check their meaning,,,
All of these things can be useful to me somehow in exams, when interacting with intellectuals and all,,,

Tomorrow I will give you 5 vocabularies, then you will construct a sentence from each of them and you will also give me 5.
Do we have a deal??
You are my kinda girl already. cheesycheesycheesy

I make use of pillock, twit too. I was really good with insults some years back. And at a point I thought to myself; why is it that I can only use very high sounding words when it comes to insults? The moment I took cognizance of this, happened to be the turning point so to say. Now I can barely use high vocabs when it comes to insulting someone. Well, maybe that's because I tend to not insult people.

As for your deal, I am game. But, how do you hope we achieve that? Via NL or emails?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:00am On Aug 21, 2015
qualityovenbake:

The aim of Speaking English is to communicate and the aim of communication is for u to pass a message and be understood. If you are unable to pass your message, the reason for communication is defeated. Hence, He is not communicating rather is he speaking English.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 21, 2015
Elparaiso:

I would have loved to show you some pictures...
But proving Ines location is useless to illiterates.

Is that ur papa real name,like u love the word "illiterate" so much.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Elparaiso(m): 12:04am On Aug 21, 2015
diamondtutu:

Is that ur papa real name,like u love the word "illiterate" so much.
you forced my hand bro...
no be everybody broke like your lineage.
check my profile!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by delors(m): 12:05am On Aug 21, 2015
This is fake. My hon will never blow this kind of grammatical hazard. Does anyone else notice that there is something wrong with the 3rd sentence starting with "was"?
Op, find another lie abeg
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by shizzy7(f): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2015
dmcdad:

You are my kinda girl already. cheesycheesycheesy

I make use of pillock, twit too. I was really good with insults some years back. And at a point I thought to myself; why is it that I can only use very high sounding words when it comes to insults? The moment I took cognizance of this, happened to be the turning point so to say. Now I can barely use high vocabs when it comes to insulting someone. Well, maybe that's because I tend to not insult people.

As for your deal, I am game. But, how do you hope we achieve that? Via NL or emails?
Well, I also try not to insult people because it just makes me worse than whoever I am insulting But I have reservations though... NL is better it makes it fun,,,
*MISSILE LAUNCHED,,
*TARGET CAPTURED,,,
*GUN TRIGGERED,,,

Tomorrow you'll get my Bullets,, i hope you have a bullet proof because I won't be merciful..... good night
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by dmcdad: 12:19am On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Well, I also try not to insult people because it just makes me worse than whoever I am insulting But I have reservations though... NL is better it makes it fun,,,
*MISSILE LAUNCHED,,
*TARGET CAPTURED,,,
*GUN TRIGGERED,,,

Tomorrow you'll get my Bullets,, i hope you have a bullet proof because I won't be merciful..... good night

Be my guest. I am all set with my armoury.cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by awesomet1(m): 12:25am On Aug 21, 2015
qualityovenbake:

It's pure humor. Nothing more cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Elparaiso:

check my profile!

Oh sorry,heard ur papa lineage na robbers,sorry hunters. Na the illiterate papa I like passs.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Elparaiso:

check my profile!

Check ur profile unto say u Bleep ur mama on her period abi undecided
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Elparaiso(m): 1:21am On Aug 21, 2015
diamondtutu:

Check ur profile unto say u Bleep ur mama on her period abi undecided
I do not understand your problem with me.
Never mind tho, its your problem, not mine.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" by Ashure: 1:22am On Aug 21, 2015
I learnt communication is a two way thing, a speaker who transmits information and a listener who decodes (understand) the message. in the light of this definition, uncle pat has not communicated. This guy is a comedian n will make enough dough if he starts show. like the Cosby show we can have Obahiagbon show. even Zebrudaya makes more sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki To Tinubu: You Can’t Extend Your Political Empire To Edo / Buratai In Special Forces Uniform / IPOB Members Blast Nnamdi KANU Over Atiku Comment -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.