Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) (36294 Views)

International Student Scholarship In Australia At Southern Cross University | 20 / Health Group Postgraduate Research Top-up Scholarship At Griffith University, 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by agarawu23(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Crispels:

Don't hate us bro, we are good people. Although u may not necessarily hate the students but we are not bad folks as some people think.
hmmmm
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by mascot87(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Titto93:

Person force you to comment?
Shut up dude. Person force you yo quote me
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by olaboy33(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Active SUG...Here mass failure is already a normal tin...Protest in UNILORIN for mass failure......total faiure is next...or face tanke without looking back
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by adesegun121(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Greastest Lasuite oooo

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Okies27(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
IamDejman:
“In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” George Orwell

It is imperative at this junction to make us understand certain things. Lagos State University, the great citadel of Knowledge situated in Ojo area of Lagos State, has had certain issues in the last eight months which had even grounded activities at some period.

Today, 20th of August, 2015; a rainy Thursday, we have experienced two different actions at a time. As at 9am this morning, the students’ Union executive had called for a meeting with regard to the purported mass failure of 200l and 300l students offering General Nigerian Studies (GNS). Due to this, an agreement was made by students in attendance to create awareness by blocking the gates of the campuses. It is to be known that this did not affect movement of our lecturers uploading results in the campus.

Therefore, Dr Adekunle Idris, Chairman of ASUU-Lasu, should hold NANS Zone D (SouthWest) for their acts and not the Students’ Union. If our Lecturers think we would stop and hinder them from making us progress, then it cannot be so. I appease all involved to tread softly due to the owing fact that there is a need to avoid a crisis in Lasu especially at this crucial moment when our academic calendar is found wanting.

I applaud both my Union’s Exco act and the actions of NANS Zone D but we all must remember if we do the right thing at the wrong time then there is a problem. For ecery act, we must have the right timing and as such, I beseech them to take cognizance of that fact.

Repositioning Lasu is the duty of all Lasuites and well-wishers of the University. Let’s try our best to work towards that

Ayodeji Cornelius Eluwande (DEJMAN); 200l Common Law.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Farano
. Our degrees are never complete without alatu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Timothy3113(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
na which semester dem dey
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by wordychap: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Did I read 'staffs' in a university?
Thought d plural is staff?
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
no wonder una fail gns. The write-up sef no fit make person pass. Not talking about grammar or spellings, but lacks communication.
Defending SUG, accusing NANS, then praising both.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by IamDejman(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
no wonder una fail gns. The write-up sef no fit make person pass. Not talking about grammar or spellings, but lacks communication.
Defending SUG, accusing NANS, then praising both.
That's brilliancy. Acknowledge it

Then it makes me question your knowledge of things, how GNS affect my writeup and its connection to the purported mass failure!
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by IamDejman(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
wordychap:
Did I read 'staffs' in a university?
Thought d plural is staff?
I'm sure it was not from the write up
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
IamDejman:
That's brilliancy. Acknowledge it
Then it makes me question your knowledge of things, how GNS affect my writeup and its connection to the purported mass failure!

Telling ASUU to hold NANS responsible but leave the SU out of it. Who invited NANS? You beta no go defend dem forming baby lawyer for panel if it should gets to that. Your logic and intelligence will put your clients into more case than the one hanging on their neck.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by IamDejman(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Okies27:
. Our degrees are never complete without alatu.
Yea , I guess That's why we are Lasuites
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by calculusx(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
LASU..My alma mater grin

GNS sha... grin

Experienced the same thing those years. I doubt if the lecturers mark all the scripts cos it's not a course anyone can fail.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by IamDejman(m): 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

Telling ASUU to hold NANS responsible but leave the SU out of it. Who invited NANS? You beta no go defend dem forming baby lawyer for panel if it should gets to that. Your logic and intelligence will put your clients into more case than the one hanging on their neck.
Don't misquote. I'll advise you read again and decipher yourself that Nans action colluded with the acts of the Union. So its either, they were informed (LASUSU exco) and they ignored Nans or never expected them to do that today. wink
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
IamDejman:
Don't misquote. I'll advise you read again and decipher yourself that Nans action colluded with the acts of the Union. So its either, they were informed (LASUSU exco) and they ignored Nans or never expected them to do that today. wink
oga, forget, the thing don turn gobe be that. Make sug find solution be the koko. Are you actively involved in nans activities to know its modus operandi? On no condition will NANS go to an institution without been invited by the SU of such institution. It was lack of proper coordination that caused the katakata. For every aluta, note that there will always be overzealous few, even among the excos(organizers), that are ready to do as they wish(rightly or wrongly) just to pass a message.
Also, you don't declare aluta base on hearsay, the school might decide to pass all the affected students, and discipline everyone fingered as part of the movement. Brotherly, Aluta no be just a movement, it involves deep reasoning. You have to protect yourself and also get justice, not exposing yourself for combo attack.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by bigerboy200: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Am I d only one finding it difficult to understand what the op posted
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by nickydof(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
'No victimisation of LASU 'STAFFS'................... Why them no go fail GNS?

Rubbish!
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by emeraldo56(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lasu is Ok but they just have internal crisis that is making the school look bad cos I knw many people that graduated from lasu with good grade.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by nuelzy: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
rubbish...wetin concern NOUN with all dis wahala....

btw...whats with LASU sef...always in d news for d wrong reason
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Gabrendo(m): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lasu? Unilag? I am confused...
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aluta Continua.

If na babcok students, they will photoshop the bus in front of the gate, upload it online and put #noto8months..
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by iammrjohnson(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
speak for yourself..you've probably never witnessed any aluta movement before..this is quite simply put compared to the likes of Akinola Saburi, Barry blacky and co of Great ife back then yet we understood them quite easily..
Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta!!!
(Struggle continues, Victory is certain)
queenzibah:
When we didn't even understand the OP, well I think they suppose to fail the GNS since you can't make us understand what you re tryin to say
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Xcex: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
Dis is praise worthy 4 d SUG, a system where u don't give students d right score 4 wat dey wrote is a corrupt system n dey gat 2 put a stop 2 it. U gat 2 hold pple accountable 4 wat dey do 2 stop d phychological trauma inflicted on d bright students.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Bowaley17(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
What is LASU? Do you mean ASUN?
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Holori(f): 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Today ASUU wahala, tomoro NASUU problem, next tomoro NANS, in five days time SUG issue followed by VC issue. Prolonged academic calendar. strike here nd there. I know i wud graduate.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:02am On Aug 21, 2015
frankay430:
Aluta continua
Victoria ascerta
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 21, 2015
queenzibah:
When we didn't even understand the OP, well I think they suppose to fail the GNS since you can't make us understand what you re tryin to say
I guess you are not a lasuite
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Holori:
Today ASUU wahala, tomoro NASUU problem, next tomoro NANS, in five days time SUG issue followed by VC issue. Prolonged academic calendar. strike here nd there. I know i wud graduate.
we all will, one day smiley
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by achu442(m): 12:10am On Aug 21, 2015
I am a member of The Student Union Government in a Federal State School(names withheld for security purpose)... And there have been trending cases of rustication, embezzlement of school funds,failed uses of students funds and threat by school adminstration and lecturers in the school. The board of directors, staffs and members of this school have been together for almost 20 years and use this opportunity to deal with any student(s) who try to stage a protest to actions which we site as wrong and criminal moves by the board. It has been going on for years now.Please what are the necessary steps and moves to apply as to stop this barbaric and dictator style of administration, as the students are all murmuring and complaining but can't do anything about it... What should we do.. ? What bodies are responsible for handling such issues ...because we don't want any casualties. Thanks Aggrieved SUG (Anonymous)
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by eleshin(m): 4:29am On Aug 21, 2015
achu442:
I am a member of The Student Union Government
in a Federal State School(names withheld for
security purpose)... And there have been trending
cases of rustication, embezzlement of school
funds,failed uses of students funds and threat by
school adminstration and lecturers in the school.
The board of directors, staffs and members of
this school have been together for almost 20
years and use this opportunity to deal with any
student(s) who try to stage a protest to actions
which we site as wrong and criminal moves by
the board.
It has been going on for years now.Please what
are the necessary steps and moves to apply as to
stop this barbaric and dictator style of
administration, as the students are all murmuring
and complaining but can't do anything about it...
What should we do.. ? What bodies are
responsible for handling such issues ...because
we don't want any casualties. Thanks
Aggrieved SUG
(Anonymous)
Stay anonymous till you graduate
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by guseman(m): 4:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Of the greatest gbogbo
Of the greatest gbagba
Greatest of the greatest Nigerian Students oooooo
Yes ooooo

Aluta Continua...... Victoria acerta..

Once a Comrade....

Please note, after the whole struggle please know why you are in school. I did unionism up to NANS level, thank God I never allow the struggle to affect my reason of going to school. Today I have a diploma, a degree and MBA but some of my colleagues are not so lucky. Some died and some drop out.

So trend carefully guys, get your degree and gerraout of LASU. The world is waiting for you to manifest. Hope you feel me.

One love. Struggle Continues....

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by JBismarck(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Crispels:
Greatest LASUITES.

Two things happened in Lagos State University today.
1.National Association of Nigerian Students South West
(NANS zone D) came to LASU today and blocked the school
main gates. The reasons for this action is not far fetched.
NANS had earlier given the State government 7-days
ultimatum to solve the hitherto LASU VC crisis(which has
been lingering since March 16).
nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/NG/795460 . The 7 days
ultimatum elapsed and the state government didn't take any
action. Consequent on this , NANS comrades came to
campus today and locked the two main gates, leaving
banners behind.
2. The Students' union,coincidentally also had plans to
protest prior to NANS arrival. The SUG staged a protest
against an imminent mass failure in GnS 201 and 301.
According to the SUG president (AWO) they heard 75percent
were bound to fail these GnS exams. Thus, they acted. The
mass failure is exclusive to GnS alone and does not cut
across all courses as many people are being made to
believe. The reasons for this mass failure boils down to the
huge number of students that writes the exam. Missing
scripts is always prominent in this course.
Consequent on the foregoing, it suffices to posit a
conclusion that; LASU situation is not as bad as the media
portrays it presently. All she needs is more attention from
the State government. We,the students populace plead to all
parties involved: the State government, our fathers and
mothers in the Staff unions and our sagacious management
to please come together on the peace table and reach a long
lasting solution.
LASU is our darling,our future and our pride, let's join hands
to move it forward.
God bless Lagos State University.
God bless Nigeria.
Thanks.

Dejman i see u.

#Ambode

Ambode is that you? this is Jibola Bismarck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Nigerians Emerge Best Graduating Students At Dillard University, U.S- Photos / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions / 2023 UTME: Nkechinyere Umeh Top Scorer – JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.