Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 (9052 Views)

What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special? / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by dustmalik: 1:07am On Aug 21, 2015
I was hoping for a pure Android experience. i mean, without the useless Infinix UI and customization. After all, it's an Android One device.... that's how it's suppose to be. But after watching the review on Jumia, i became very disappointed and angry, given that i have already ordered for it.

All Android One devices that have been released in places like India, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal were all released with pure Android OS. Why on earth did Infinix decide to customize theirs?

The annoying thing is, all the pictures of it that have been going around, clearly shows it running a pure Android OS. like the one below.

EDIT: Thanks to TechsNG for posting the actual review video. it clearly shows that it runs a pure Android OS, without any modification to the UI.

The Jumia's review video of the Infinix Hot 2 is very misleading. it shows that it's running a customized Infinix UI, instead of a pure Android.
here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4t1QBzNYeQ

puskin, honsule, dragnet, You guys should please delete this thread. It turns out, it was all a misunderstanding on my part.

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by TechsNG: 5:05am On Aug 21, 2015
dustmalik:
I was hoping for a pure Android experience. i mean, without the useless Infinix UI and customization. After all, it's an Android One device.... that's how it's suppose to be. But after watching the review on Jumia, i became very disappointed and angry, given that i have already ordered for it.

All Android One devices that have been released in places like India, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal were all released with pure Android OS. Why on earth did Infinix decide to customize theirs?

The annoying thing is, all the pictures of it that have been going around, clearly shows it running a pure Android OS. like the one below.

You can watch the unboxing and quick review here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qwH6yd4sw

1 Like

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Kamaye(m): 6:01am On Aug 21, 2015
Op I am also disappointed in your thread, at first I thought you have received your phone and started using it then discovered something bad about it but to my disappointment you have only watch an online review.

13 Likes

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Israel5(m): 6:05am On Aug 21, 2015
Ta! I refuse 2 b discouraged

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Hotdiamond(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2015
This op is funny o. lol. Do you even know what stock Android looks like. I'm not sure you even watched the video. Cos what i saw was stock android on the infinix hot 2. Every Android users dream.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Hotdiamond(m): 6:20am On Aug 21, 2015
TechsNG:

You do well jare. No mind op
Waiting for the full review
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by awofe20(m): 6:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Kamaye:
Op I am also disappointed in your thread, at first I thought you have received your phone and started using it then discovered something bad about it but to my disappointment you have only watch an online review.
Lol
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Kingoflotto(m): 6:26am On Aug 21, 2015
This op na mumu ooo you don't even know what stock Android looks like mtcwwwww
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Mystiq25(m): 6:26am On Aug 21, 2015
dustmalik:
But after watching the review on Jumia, i became very disappointed and angry.
Op there's no any video review of this phone from Jumia yet, at least not on YouTube, the only video I saw about this phone is from techsng. So where did you watch it? Don't discourage people please.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by ByfireByfire: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2015
OP IS A HATER WITH PURE BIAS.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by dustmalik: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2015
TechsNG:

Thanks for sharing, man. The thing is, the video of Infinix hot 2 Jumia posted is very misleading. and after watching it, i became quite disappointed. But thanks for sharing yours. It looks really cool.

here is the Jumia's review video of it

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by dustmalik: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
ByfireByfire:
OP IS A HATER WITH PURE BIAS.
Why don't you watch the video yourself, instead of calling me names

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by dustmalik: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
puskin, honsule, dragnet, You guys should please delete this thread. It turns out, it was all a misunderstanding on my part.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by ige101(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2015
I just finished watching both videos again ,even after watching them before now,and all i can say Is that The OP JUST WANTED TO BE HEARD,i cant blame Him,i blame it on Nairaland that made it possible for even everyone to create threads any how

1 Like

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2015
TechsNG:

Your fingernails are long and tapered like a woman (which is odd), and to make matters worse VERY DIRTY AND GRIMY.

You need to do better. you make videos that has one staring at your hands all through, at least make them presentable.

please why are you keeping the nails sef? Is there a male trend for long nails?

1 Like

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by ige101(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2015
The Guy below me has something to Say to that.

4llerbuntu:

Your fingernails are long and tapered like a woman (which is odd), and to make matters worse VERY DIRTY AND GRIMY.

You need to do better. you make videos that has one staring at your hands all through, at least make them presentable.

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by fortunateme: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2015
ige101:
The Guy below me has something to Say to that.
[/ what more can I say when the guy you quoted have said it all]
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by tonididdy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
4llerbuntu:

haa lol

I can't stopp laffing...u are wicked

#InfinixHOTnails

3 Likes

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by killzone(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
4llerbuntu:

guy where u watching the video or observing his nails

1 Like

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Craven: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
ige101:
I just finished watching both videos again ,even after watching them before now,and all i can say Is that The OP JUST WANTED TO BE HEARD,i cant blame Him,i blame it on Nairaland that made it possible for even everyone to create threads any how

"I blame it on Nairaland that made it possible for everyone to create threads anyhow."

So basically, you are saying it's Nairaland's fault someone chooses to express his freedom of speech? Perhaps you should drive to the nearest police station and report the poster for taking advantage of his rights. You might also want to report the moderators for granting people the opportunity to express their freedom of speech.

3 Likes

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by dustmalik: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
Craven:

"I blame it on Nairaland that made it possible for everyone to create threads anyhow."

So basically, you are saying it's Nairaland's fault someone chooses to express his freedom of speech? Perhaps you should drive to the nearest police station and report the poster for taking advantage of his rights. You might also want to report the moderators for granting people the opportunity to express their freedom of speech.
If you notice, I have not responded to all those who insulted me or made negative comments towards me, because I realize that there are a lot of childish people on here.

That said. anyone who watches both videos would attest to the fact that the Jumia's video review is very misleading. It's as if it's a different phone entirely. That was what led to my outburst.

Now, given that Jumia is the sole distributor of this device, one would have thought they would use the actual device and UI for the video review.

Craven, thanks for your comment. You sound like a matured person.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Craven: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
dustmalik:

If you notice, I have not responded to all those who insulted me or made negative comments towards me, because I realize that there are a lot of childish people on here.

That said. anyone who watches both videos would attest to the fact that the Jumia's video review is very misleading. It's as if it's a different phone entirely. That was what led to my outburst.

Now, given that Jumia is the sole distributor of this device, one would have thought they would use the actual device and UI for the video review.

Craven, thanks for your comment. You sound like a matured person.

Yes, I liked that you ignored. You sound like one too.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by TechsNG: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
4llerbuntu:

Hello, Please I'd like to see where it is Very Dirty and Grimy. More so, were you interested in watching the unboxing of the device or the nails
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by bigtt76(f): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
You were just fidgeting on camera and almost blotted out our views angry You looked so much like one that would release before e enter di tin sef tongue hehehehe ....just joking you try sha but nor make phone give you tension shaaa

BTW ...too many lies on Jumia site ....non-removable battery is one! I wonder what other suprises awaits us. I noticed this with Innjoo Fire, the finished product on Innjoo's site was very very much different from what Jumia sold out but anyway shaaa

TechsNG:

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by TechsNG: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
bigtt76:
You were just fidgeting on camera and almost blotted out our views angry <b>You looked so much like one that would release before e enter di tin sef tongue </b>hehehehe ....just joking you try sha but nor make phone give you tension shaaa

BTW ...too many lies on Jumia site ....non-removable battery is one! I wonder what other suprises awaits us. I noticed this with Innjoo Fire, the finished product on Innjoo's site was very very much different from what Jumia sold out but anyway shaaa

May God deliver you lol

Even the menus UI on the jumia review looks a 'little' different.

1 Like

Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by IanKirkby(m): 3:58am On Aug 22, 2015
This infinix is really moving fast, whoever gave them the marketing ideas did a great job..... More demand than supply, hoping this doesn't drive up the price in the short run pissing people off in the long run.......

I've got black and white available, get in touch on 08060184972, 08156119804
Oriyomi

A Jumia sales consultant...
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by victoria001(f): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2015
Infinix Hot 2 available everywhere in Nigeria, ping me to get yours ASAP....
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Baroba(m): 10:39am On Aug 22, 2015
4llerbuntu:

True, the long dirty nails are a complete turn off, still don't get why Naija guys grow nails.. It's repulsive in my opinion..
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Nsonaso(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hotdiamond:
This op is funny o. lol. Do you even know what stock Android looks like. I'm not sure you even watched the video. Cos what i saw was [s]stock android on the infinix hot 2. Every Android users dream.[/s]
Wrong bro. who told you every Android user likes [size=70pt]UGLY[/size] stock Android UI?..... That all the apps icons are not in uniform like the iOS (very terrible weird app icons)

There is never anything that's enticing in stock Android UI not even one feature bro.
stock Android UI is just a gimmick.
Re: Disappointed In The New Infinix Hot 2 by Hotdiamond(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nsonaso:
Wrong bro. who told you every Android user likes [size=70pt]UGLY[/size] stock Android UI?..... That all the apps icons are not in uniform like the iOS (very terrible weird app icons)

There is never anything that's enticing in stock Android UI not even one feature bro.
stock Android UI is just a gimmick.
Its very obvious. You are just a shallow android user. No point explaining anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The List Of The Most Visited Website Worldwide / Fix Your Phone Mouthpiece Yourself / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.