Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (15328 Views)

My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria / I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera / Infinix Mobility Partners With Jumia, Slot To Launch Hot 5, Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2017
This is just a post to rant and rave so pardon me. I recently bought a phone from Jumia during this November black Friday. A Homtom HT50. Specs were lovely and reviews both here and abroad were great. So me thinking Jumia was a great place to shop, (note I am a regular buyer from them and have advertised to friends and colleagues how good they are), saw the phone and ordered it. Immeadiately the phone came? I fell in love. Beautiful and sleek.
The problem started on the 8th day after the 7 days return policy expired. The screen went blank and crashed and refused to come on. I already knew the refund period had expired but I expected at least a warranty on the product. Low and behold, apparently the phone comes with no warranty. And they don't list that on the website. It's a Chinese phone so parts might be a bit hard to come by. To contact the seller who is a local? Let's see if there can be a swap?
Now this is where the second problem lies. Jumia has been unhelpful in resolving this. I have emailed them and called several times and the customer care keeps on looking at the problem like its the first time they are hearing about it despite my complaints being on record. They promise to look into it then promptly send me a mail telling me complaint resolved and if I'm happy with the solution.
After a week of me being the one to mostly contact them on an almost daily basis, they finally tell me since there is no warranty? They'll link me up with a service provider but I'll have to pay for the phone repair myself. I agreed based on the fact that the fee shouldn't be too high? Upon locating the service provider in Port Harcourt, I realize it's Carl care under Slots who confirm they don't service that brand of phones.
Since then? Contacting Jumia has been a problem as they don't seem to be interested and I am now stuck with a 33K phone which I've only used for 1 week roughly. The least they could have done is either link me up with the seller, swap the phone with another or at least be sure they have a legitimate service provider before selling such products.
The lesson learnt here with JUMIA is simply, though I will probably still continue to buy with them? I guess their reliability isn't worth s**t. Thank you for listening

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by guji12(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Hehe. Take heart bro .. do window shopping una say no.
After d watch I bought online for 8k plus. Which I used for 1 month,.. never tried online sales

6 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Settingz321(m): 6:48am On Dec 01, 2017
It seems I now where jumia problem lies

I was also a victim this particular phone brand mine was homtom 17pro I also bought it on jumia black Friday around that March, only for the phone to develop battery issue just because I used my other tecno charger to charge it........ You won't believe I can't find the phone battery everywhere in lag....... This is also a phone I used for just 2 months

I think jumia is encouraging sub standard product on their site all in the name of black Friday

If they know they can't slash prices of good mobile product then they should keep quiet and stop luring people like Op to their shabby offer

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Darkseid(m): 6:50am On Dec 01, 2017
There we go again. It's clearly written on their website;
No warranty on global phones.
No returns after seven days.
Most of Chinese companies ain't got service centers in Nigeria abi you want make them help you carry am go Emeka shop? Just attempt to fix it yourself, and I see no wrong that Jumia has done here.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Settingz321(m): 6:51am On Dec 01, 2017
guji12:
After d watch I bought online for 8k plus. Which I used for 1 month,.. never tried online sales

I also bought one watch on jumia for 5k, it never lasted 1 month I swear I went on my fb page to call them out for this

I could always have gotten those aboki wrist watch for 1k if I had planned using it for a month

3 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by jhydebaba(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2017
Black friday = Black market

11 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Buy phones with customer care and parts here in Nigeria una no go gree, na to dey shop for Chinese phones that don't have any offices in Nigeria dey sweet una. Any kpekem then phone becomes useless. U keep enriching these stupid brands and they don't even pay any tax in this country, they don't have any Nigerians on their payroll yet u people will patronize them. Op I'm not making fun of u, I feel ur pain. Homtom is not a popular brand in Nigeria, on jumia it states that they are shipped from overseas so u don't expect to find the parts easily here.

Do I blame jumia? Not entirely, though they are in contact with these Chinese companies to sell their phones on their website, but claiming warranty for a product shipped from broad ain't easy. And I think they stated that no return policy after 7 days it's the risk u take for buying a cheap phone from abroad. Just try see if u can order for the faulty part urself, left for me it is not worth it, none of these cheap Chinese phones are worth it because if there's a problem na 1 chance u enter. Buy Tecno, infinix, itel. At least those ones have been around for long, they have offices, they contribute to our economy, they do promos, pay tax, provide employment for Nigerians, sponsor events, and their parts are everywhere.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by dreamworld: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:
Buy phones with customer care and parts here in Nigeria una no go gree, na to dey shop for Chinese phones that don't have any offices in Nigeria dey sweet una. Any kpekem then phone becomes useless. U keep enriching these stupid brands and they don't even pay any tax in this country, they don't have any Nigerians on their payroll yet u people will patronize them. Op I'm not making fun of u, I feel ur pain. Homtom is not a popular brand in Nigeria, on jumia it states that they are shipped from overseas so u don't expect to find the parts easily here.

Do I blame jumia? Not entirely, though they are in contact with these Chinese companies to sell their phones on their website, but claiming warranty for a product shipped from broad ain't easy. And I think they stated that no return policy after 7 days it's the risk u take for buying a cheap phone from abroad. Just try see if u can order for the faulty part urself, left for me it is not worth it, none of these cheap Chinese phones are worth it because if there's a problem na 1 chance u enter. Buy Tecno, infinix, itel. At least those ones have been around for long, they have offices, they contribute to our economy, they do promos, pay tax, provide employment for Nigerians, sponsor events, and their parts are everywhere.
You are not making sense bro, you need some orientation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2017
dreamworld:

You are not making sense bro, you need some orientation

What stupid orientation? C'mon go ahead keep buying those Chinese gabbage and come here to complain when they fail.

23 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by spreado(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2017
After NLers will come here and say Homtom is better than infinix and tecno, i also bought my infinix hot4 pro from jumia during their flash sales in april... One fault d phone never get

5 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by spreado(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

What stupid orientation? C'mon go ahead keep buying those Chinese gabbage and come here to complain when they fail.
Leave them, Homtom phone didn't last 9days, ask him when was the last time he heard someone complaining of a tecno/infinix phone that didn't last more than a week

5 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Khaliyah(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2017
Darkseid:
There we go again. It's clearly written on their website;
No warranty on global phones.
No returns after seven days.
Most of Chinese companies ain't got service centers in Nigeria abi you want make them help you carry am go Emeka shop? Just attempt to fix it yourself, and I see no wrong that Jumia has done here.
That's wrong I ordered a kiicaa power from china n it went black less Dan 3 days, it was returned n money refunded. It took about before the hone was returned
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2017
spreado:
After NLers will come here and say Homtom is better than infinix and tecno, i also bought my infinix hot4 pro from jumia during their flash sales in april... One fault d phone never get

The thing is there's no product in this world that never fails. Even Toyota, Mercedes, etc do release cars and recall them back for factory fault. The Galaxy note 7 had battery explosion problem and Samsung recalled everything. So what matters is after sales service. Buying all these Chinese phones from overseas give u absolutely ZERO after sales service. If it fails that's the end. Something as small as a failed charging port can render a phone useless, but with infinix and Tecno u are rest assured to get it fixed without hazzles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

That's wrong I ordered a kiicaa power from china n it went black less Dan 3 days, it was returned n money refunded. It took about before the hone was returned

But the poster said 'no returns after 7 days'. So he's right.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Khaliyah(m): 9:15am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

But the poster said 'no returns after 7 days'. So he's right.
But mine took over 3 weeks before it was returned
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

But mine took over 3 weeks before it was returned

U probably must have called jumia to notify them that the device failed within 3 days.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Khaliyah(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

U probably must have called jumia to notify them that the device failed within 3 days.
Yeah I did..
He should disturb dem, dy ll heed to his request
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2017
grin

stop buying brands with the sound of table tennis ball. What's HomTom?

I'm rocking my 5000mah. Infact!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Khaliyah:

Yeah I did..
He should disturb dem, dy ll heed to his request

When u call them before the 7 days then it's in their record, even if it takes 2 weeks for item to be returned it's already in their record that u have made the complain.

And for some products they clearly state that there's no warranty and returns are only accepted for wrong or faulty items. Check the picture below.

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2017
spreado:

Leave them, Homtom phone didn't last 9days, ask him when was the last time he heard someone complaining of a tecno/infinix phone that didn't last more than a week

Actually I was going to go for the infinix hot 5 or possible 4. But reviews online both here and out of the country was good for this phone so decided to take the risk. I just didn't expect the phone to crash within 9 days. If it had crashed 2 days or so? Makes sense but it was as if it was planned to spoil just immeadiately after the refund period expired. It's just annoying and sets me back but will go for the inifinx 4 I guess. Just that I can't trust Jumia again.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

When u call them before the 7 days then it's in their record, even if it takes 2 weeks for item to be returned it's already in their record that u have made the complain.

And for some products they clearly state that there's no warranty and returns are only accepted for wrong or faulty items. Check the picture below.

Actually, bought the phone from a local seller. Had seen the global sellers and felt a little hesitant but then saw a local seller which means the person is in Lagos or Nigeria at least so felt better
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Khaliyah(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

Yeah, but he should call them on the basis the phone was defective and substandard. It's return and refound would have been easier if he used jumiaPay option for payment
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by GrandMufti: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Op they did the best they could have done. So I don't think it's right to call them out.

What I suggest is that you find out what parts need to be bought, then you order for it from Aliexpress. That's if you still want to go ahead and repair it

But you should have read reviews of the phone before deciding to purchase.

And lastly, buying from Aliexpress is better because you have a 60 days buyer protection policy that covers you.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Shadedtee: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Sorry about that op, the carlcare they referred you to only fix phones from tecno, infinix or itel. Next time go for any of these brands so incase of issues it will be fixed easily
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by mikool007(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2017
guji12:
so you stop buying online because of jumia, you are just limiting your self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EBUBS(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2017
IT'S OK OO. I JUST GOT LEECO S3 FROM THEM OO. DON'T WANNA HEAR STORIES THAT TOUCH
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by uk101: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2017
My own was Poly star Home Theatre of 31k both for shipping was'nt functioning......even they linked me to fake care centre for repairs.

My advice when purchasing online from Jumia go for something less than 10k to avoid heart break.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by NowisGod109(f): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

How about Gionee, do they have office in Nigeria too so I don't get stranded when I buy their phone

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by manlawal(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2017
katman9x:
This is just a post to rant and rave so pardon me. I recently bought a phone from Jumia during this November black Friday. A Homtom HT50. Specs were lovely and reviews both here and abroad were great. So me thinking Jumia was a great place to shop, (note I am a regular buyer from them and have advertised to friends and colleagues how good they are), saw the phone and ordered it. Immeadiately the phone came? I fell in love. Beautiful and sleek.
The problem started on the 8th day after the 7 days return policy expired. The screen went blank and crashed and refused to come on. I already knew the refund period had expired but I expected at least a warranty on the product. Low and behold, apparently the phone comes with no warranty. And they don't list that on the website. It's a Chinese phone so parts might be a bit hard to come by. To contact the seller who is a local? Let's see if there can be a swap?
Now this is where the second problem lies. Jumia has been unhelpful in resolving this. I have emailed them and called several times and the customer care keeps on looking at the problem like its the first time they are hearing about it despite my complaints being on record. They promise to look into it then promptly send me a mail telling me complaint resolved and if I'm happy with the solution.
After a week of me being the one to mostly contact them on an almost daily basis, they finally tell me since there is no warranty? They'll link me up with a service provider but I'll have to pay for the phone repair myself. I agreed based on the fact that the fee shouldn't be too high? Upon locating the service provider in Port Harcourt, I realize it's Carl care under Slots who confirm they don't service that brand of phones.
Since then? Contacting Jumia has been a problem as they don't seem to be interested and I am now stuck with a 33K phone which I've only used for 1 week roughly. The least they could have done is either link me up with the seller, swap the phone with another or at least be sure they have a legitimate service provider before selling such products.
The lesson learnt here with JUMIA is simply, though I will probably still continue to buy with them? I guess their reliability isn't worth s**t. Thank you for listening
Settingz321:
It seems I now where jumia problem lies

I was also a victim this particular phone brand mine was homtom 17pro I also bought it on jumia black Friday around that March, only for the phone to develop battery issue just because I used my other tecno charger to charge it........ You won't believe I can't find the phone battery everywhere in lag....... This is also a phone I used for just 2 months

I think jumia is encouraging sub standard product on their site all in the name of black Friday

If they know they can't slash prices of good mobile product then they should keep quiet and stop luring people like Op to their shabby offer
Just go to a local repairer ask what the problem is and the part that needed to be replaced. Then go to aliexpress.com buy the part it may take upto 3weeks before it arrived fix it and start using it.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EvilMetahuman: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
katman9x:

Actually I was going to go for the infinix hot 5 or possible 4. But reviews online both here and out of the country was good for this phone so decided to take the risk. I just didn't expect the phone to crash within 9 days. If it had crashed 2 days or so? Makes sense but it was as if it was planned to spoil just immeadiately after the refund period expired. It's just annoying and sets me back but will go for the inifinx 4 I guess. Just that I can't trust Jumia again.
but jumia didn't spoil your phone.

What exactly do you want jumia to do in this case?
Refund the money from their pocket?
You do realize that jumia is not the one making these phones?

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by tonyeb2k(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
Jumia is indeed a scam, I ordered for clothes from them on the 28/9/2017, the items where delivered to their pickup station, went to pick them, I got home to open the package, I found out that the clothes where not the same thing I ordered for, called their customer service and made a complain about the items, I was told to return items to their pick up station which I did on the 16/10/2017. I was notified that the items have been picked for verification. I have called their customer service several times and mailed them for my refund, going to two months now, they haven't refunded me neither have they said anything. Jumia is a scam
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EvilMetahuman: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
NowisGod109:

How about Gionee, do they have office in Nigeria too so I don't get stranded when I buy their phone
if you don't want to get stranded, buy infinix or tecno. They are the only ones with shops everywhere.
Or more popular brands like samsung etc.

Gionee or whatever probably only have shop in lagos which I'm sure its functioning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Best Android Tv Apps / 4 Ways To Improve Your Mobile Phone Connection / How To Stop Unfortunately Ppsspp Has Stopped When Playing Pes 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.