Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video (738 Views)

Between 2face Idibia And 9ice Gongo Aso Who Have The Most Recent Hottest Song / Dbanj's The Entertainer Vs 9ice's Gongo Aso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by chrisical(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2009
Hi guys,you all know the monster track 'gongo aso' was a smash hit in this country.One would have expected such a hit song be promoted with a video.To our greatest astonishment we havent seen a video.Not the rubbish those alaba boys released .
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by dammiecool(m): 9:43am On Mar 27, 2009
E fit no get money for a standard video 4 d song,maybe d guy is broke.
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by Kolewole: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2009
it would be a waste of money and he knows it, unless some mugu go sponsor the video shoot. the song is already well known
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by jeff101: 10:45am On Mar 30, 2009
Isn't it clear to see that 9ice is broke & if he had money he would have shot the videos.didn't u hear d'banj gave him 2 mil.you gotta stay in the news,stop acting ignorant.if you really want the video why don't you sell yourself & give him the money instead of yapping about.
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by princesa(f): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2009
as much as it is no longer relevant to shoot that video cos he has other new songs that have out shone the bang and appeal of Gongo aso, it would have been really nice if he had, might probably add to his awards undecided

but rumour has it that he once did make an attempt to shoot the video but the interruption by 'Area boys' in that location disrupted the shoot and even threated the musicians who had come to make an appearnce on it, and i mean really top Artiste. . . , but one would have thought that he'd overcome the slight detour and continued with the shoot but obviously he dint ahd well we all the know the other story smiley

or probably he is a poor guy at that cool
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by sunnykiss(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2009
grin angry

na wa oo that si no excuse for a bam song like dat, Na big Bleep up.but its damm late to shoot the video
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by dasa: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2009
an incident during the video shoot (area hommies) caused it to stop, and it was never continued.
those saying he is broke. are u guys in his pocket? for every 7 shows he attends, only one is well publized. so even when u do not know, he has shows.
the glo stuff gave him some good cash recently. he(9ice) and psquare replaced dbanj in the line up. that was about several shows. imgaine wat he got.

as gongo aso don already blow, no need sha. imagine a video for urself, lol
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by annekix(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2009
i've been wondering that myself as well, and i didnt really like his party rider video,  street credibility was jus there

i think this is what happened:-

9ice knew there would be alot of expectations for the video and a bad video has a way of ruining a good song, the song had so much hype and airplay,  i'm sure there was a lot of pressure to deliver, and maybe the concept for the video shoot from directors didn't flow with the song, and he decided not to do it or else risk losing his , erm, street credibility wink

Gongo aso is legendary O bone!!!!! i remember when i was on nysc camp the effect that song dey cuz boyz, the track was mad back in the day but it wouldnt make sense if he made a video now, its damn too late

unless of course he makes a solid remix and repackages the whole song,  but whats d point?? undecided
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2009
He will shoot da video on a gud day. Watch out!
Re: Why Did 9ice Refuse To Shoot Gongo Aso Video by dominique(f): 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2009
i hope he doesn't shoot the video ever! his other videos are not so good, he'll most likely mess up the video. besides the song is too popular, whats the point of shooting it. he should shoot "wedding day" video instead.

(1) (Reply)

Ones in a life time Opportunity for up coming gospel artist / This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland / Gbono Fele Fele Official Video : Watch here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.