Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut (511 Views)

Type 2 Diabetes, Understanding The Real Cause And How To Maintain It / Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution / Blurry Vision: Symptoms, Cause And Cure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut by Walebakare(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2015
Morning nairalanders, can someone tell me what may be the cause of Period lasting for about 6-7 weeks and there is no sign its going to stop soon. The medical personnel and the experienced ones in the house should help pls.
Re: Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut by Mrbigman1(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Walebakare:
Morning nairalanders, can someone tell me what may be the cause of Period lasting for about 6-7 weeks and there is no sign its going to stop soon. The medical personnel and the experienced ones in the house should help pls.

I have dis young girl I have grown to love so much, I never saw or heard her say nothing about her menstrual cycle.

One day, I called her after a long time, she said she have be bed ridden for 4 weeks now. Kept asking her what was wrong with her, she refused to tell me.

Wen I finally met her and forced her to tell me, she said she sees her period once a year and when it comes, she dies.

I felt d pain in her mind.
I have searched for course and solutions and am just happy u brought dis up.
Am waiting for answers for even mine too. Thanks doctors
Re: Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut by powerfulsettingz: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2015
What can I say now that a male?? Well is spiritually attached ooooo 6 weeks
Re: Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut by mrking3(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2015
It seems you guys aren't part of GOOGLE generation? No one will come here to give you satisfactory answer to your question other than Google. There are thousands of people with same or similar medical condidtion! I'm sure you'll find pool of answers and comments by the time you put it up on google search!
Re: Period Lasting For About 6-7 Weeks - What Could Be The Cause And Whats The Solut by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2015
If a woman is bleeding for that long, her iron levels are going to be low, so she should be taking a good iron supplement. If she's overweight, she should work on losing weight, as women who are overweight tend to have this condition. This is a hormone disorder or imbalance, specifically, uterine fibroids, (caused by hormone imbalances). OP, if you know someone with this problem, what she needs to do is to get an ultrasound done on her uterus, to see what's going on a lot better. If a Doctor has not suggested this, she should tell him/her that she wants one. Instead of going to a general Doctor, she should be seeing a knowledgeable Gynaecologist who will direct her on the proper course of actions. Pelvic exams and blood tests can also help diagnose the problem. Thyroid problems can also cause abnormal bleeding, so she should get her thyroid checked too. Good luck to her.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Please Clear My Confused Mined & Thoughts. / A Night Your Last Second MB Attempt / When Do We Stop Poisoning Ourselves In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.