Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC (615 Views)

Recession: African Development Bank Approves $600m Loan To Support Nigeria.. / Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy! / Be Decisive In Reforming Electoral Act, Jega Urges National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by SleekyP(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2015
SleekyP:
The United States Government, yesterday, promised to support the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in achieving its set goals and objectives, especially in its resolve to institute the reforms agenda of the Federal Government.

The US envoy to Nigeria, Ambassador James Entwistle, who disclosed this in Abuja during a courtesy call on the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr Emmanuel Kachikwu, noted that the US will provide all the support required to turn around the fortunes of the NNPC.

According to him, although the job of the GMD of NNPC is about the most challenging job in Nigeria, the US is convinced that Dr. Kachikwu has the skills, training and requisite experience to lead the oil and gas industry in Nigeria towards the path of growth and sustainable development.

He, therefore, pledged the readiness of the US to work with the new Management of the NNPC in achieving the Federal Government’s reform agenda in the oil and gas industry.

Kachikwu commended the US for the pledge of support. He reiterated the determination of the new NNPC management to implement the spirit and letter of President Muhammadu Buhari’s reform agenda in the petroleum industry.

According to him, the new NNPC would be driven by a deep sense of commitment to service delivery anchored on the principle of transparency, efficiency, people, purpose and profit.

“My mission is to redirect and re-energize the work force for greater value addition and I believe that the NNPC, given the right leadership has what it takes to achieve this objective,” he said.

1 Share

Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by INTROVERT(f): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2015
okay
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by SleekyP(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2015
lalasticlala cool
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by bebene: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2015
U are welcome
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by abangaLEE(f): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Tired of US today US tomorrow
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by abangaLEE(f): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2015
Pls who are this US by the way
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Cutehector(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2015
Werin concern america wit nnpc....
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2015
Can u imagine
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by tyson99(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2015
At least international bodies are coming in not like the jona.daft government surrounded by ogogoro masters and Nonsense people
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by sammyj: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2015
Nigeria should be mindful of the fact that US is only interested in their interest only.
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by donholy28(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
We know Americans...they will use this as a looting avenue
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by donholy28(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2015
When it was boko issue dem no gree help now its oil/money issue dem don run come
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2015
Take it or leave it US control the world.
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Ferdinandu(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2015
US always looking for ways to take over wherever there is oil.
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2015
BiHAri BihaRi BihaRi!!! Hmmm, I know you know my known unknowns. So let me just choke on thE chiLl piLl and truSt U
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by manutdadex(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2015
One thin I love abt gej was he is never anyone's pupet I though probinho will follow suit but it turns out baba can trust the us even with aisha. us helps only when they will indirectly gain . baba be careful
Re: US To Support Nigeria In Reforming NNPC by Benedict44(m): 7:49am On Aug 21, 2015
will us help stop the corruption that is eating up nnpc ....where the cabals that hold the country at ransom are located....

(1) (Reply)

Why Amaechi Is Fighting & Wants To Stop The Wike Probe Commission / TINUBU LOBBIES SARAKI, Senators Over Fowler / Probing The Prober By Harry Slim Omoakhia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.