Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:37 AM

NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee (502 Views)

25-Year-Old Hindatu Umar In Kebbi Appointed As Arugungu LGA Caretaker (Photo) / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI / My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee by metronaija: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2015

FIFA has appointed the President of the Nigerian Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, as a member of the FIFA U-20 World Cup organizing committee.

Pinnick was notified of his appointment by a letter from FIFA’s secretary-general, Jerome Valcke.

The letter read:
“We are very pleased to inform you that you have been appointed as a member of the Organizing Committee for the FIFA U-20 World Cup. Please accept our sincere congratulations on this nomination.”

“We wish you success and enjoyment in this role at FIFA and look forward to welcoming you soon in Zurich.”
According to Pinnick, the nomination was as a result of Nigeria’s standing, not his own personality ability.
“I have always maintained that our country is too big to be a silent member of the international football community. This appointment is to the applause of Nigeria football, not myself as a person.

“This will certainly encourage our efforts home and abroad to project Nigeria football positively. I insist: Nigeria has the quantity and quality of population to excel in several areas of endeavor globally”, he said.
The next edition of the tournament is set to hold in Korea Republic in 2017.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/nff-chairman-pinnick-appointed-as.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee by bluaero(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Can someone please help me check if the price of the G-substance has changed undecided
Re: NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee by honeywealth75(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Nice for Nigeria. Hoe i made FTC .fp
Re: NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
honeywealth75:
Nice for Nigeria. Hoe i made FTC .fp
Please edit tha "FTC" to "STC"
Re: NFF Chairman Pinnick Appointed As Member Of FIFA World Cup Committee by youngsahito(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Nigerians ar making us proud nw both home n abroad...congrat on ur new post sir

(1) (Reply)

Uwvie Pdp Suspends Embattled Uwvie Chairman, 13 Councilors / Buhari’s Performanceapc Set To Start Assessing Buhari’s Performance / Perm Sec: Defence Ministry Not Involved In Weapons Procurement In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.