Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG (5131 Views)

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon / Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics / Shippers Shun Lifting Nigeria’s Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Rose2014: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2015
nwaanambra1:

my broda many of them claiming igbos are impostors doing their very best to discredit ndi igbo and cause disaffection between us and various other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Ndi Igbo will surely survive their hate and misinformation.

Sometimes they forget the region a particular moniker is representing and 'voila' u catch them cheesy

I've told them times without number that a liar must have a retentive memory but they won't listen.so funny

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by after1: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2015
FKO81:
[

Obinna, Still on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
"Final Cargo destination" by presidential FIAT!

If it were this easy, what stopped Pres. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, from doing same while he presided for over 5 years?

Calabar, Onitsha, PH and even the long proposed Deep Seaport at Agge in Bayelsa?

Or could it be the Julius Berger option/deal has been on the table way before Buhari?

Well, until the cargos starts coming into Warri...

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by 175(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
GEJman:

very very important my brother..we need to improve in job creation

Exactly my broda! I was suprised to see that not even a single custom outpost between Asaba and Onitsha! Instead what we see/have is custom roadblock.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by GEJman: 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:
"Final Cargo destination" by presidential FIAT!

If it were this easy, what stopped Pres. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, from doing same while he presided for over 5 years?

Calabar, Onitsha, PH and even the long proposed Deep Seaport at Agge in Bayelsa?

Or could be the Julius Berger option/deal has been on the table way before Buhari?

Well, until the cargos starts coming into Warri...

My brother, these are one of the major areas Fmr President Goodluck Jonathan failed the people of the SS/SE...We people in that region gave everything to Jonathan in terms of support but got nothing in return....Well thats bygone...We have to pick our pieces together and forge ahead...

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by carnegiefan: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is very good news. I'm also very happy that Onitsha importers are organized and making moves to start using Warri once more.
Why do I have this feeling that Gov Ifeanyi Okowa has something to do with this Warri port news?
Gradually but surely we shall get there.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
carnegiefan:
This is very good news. I'm also very happy that Onitsha importers are organized and making moves to start using Warri once more.
Why do I have this feeling that Gov Ifeanyi Okowa has something to do with this Warri port news?
Gradually but surely we shall get there.

Though I won't rule Ifeanyi out, but i doubt if this JB deal was cut within this short period of Buhari.

Onitsha to Warri is a motorable short distance of 170 km of which an importer at Onitsha or Nnewi could do a round trip in realtime.

The Warri-Onitsha bifurcation has been already dredged for big barges. I'm sure it's also on Julius Berger's strategic plan to ply that maritime corridor.

Their construction of the second Niger bridge has drawn the company's attention to the huge business potentials in the region. She dosen't want this one to escape her.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by GEJman: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

Though I won't rule Ifeanyi out, but i doubt if this JB deal was cut within this short period of Buhari.

Onitsha to Warri is a motorable short distance of 170 km of which an importer at Onitsha or Nnewi could do a round trip in realtime.

The Warri-Onitsha bifurcation has been already dredged for big barges. I'm sure it's also on Julius Berger's strategic plan to ply that maritime corridor.

Their construction of the second Niger bridge has drawn the company's attention to the huge business potentials in the region. She dosen't want this one to escape her.

You have spoken well....This is how i want the SSoutherners and SEasterners to reason...We can only help ourselves and not any other person.
Despite our language differences, i believe we can have a mutual benefit from this milestone if come to reality...Lets keep working together

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

I don't understand jb role in all these though
...can you explain to me better?
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
With all the anti-north sentiments of some dumb people down south, a northerner is doing better than the so called "our brother"?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
I don't understand jb role in all these though
...can you explain to me better?

“When the news filtered in that it has opened for business, shippers doubted it until Julius Berger Services Nig. Ltd assembled importers/exporters on August 5 in Onitsha and August 6 in Nnewi, to confirm the good news.

“Another spice to the business in Warri wharf is that Julius Berger Services has floated vessels that carry containers from any location in the world to Warri Port at cheaper rate.

Pure business

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

Pure business
ok got it
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
By the way I saw this

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/08/shallow-waters-stifle-crude-lifting-to-warri-refinery/

Nigeria lacks maintenance culture. Like the Tin Can island that constantly goes under maintenance dredging, that of Warri and all other channels that were dredged along the Niger should continue to be maintained as initially said.
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

Perfectly right, last time I visited their site a friend of my working with JB told me that all their maritime logistics for second Niger bridge are done through Onitsha port via Warri sea port. I ones posted the pics I took then

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

Nigeria lacks maintenance culture. Like the Tin Can island that constantly goes under maintenance dredging, that of Warri and all other channels that were dredged along the Niger should continue to be maintained as initially said.
yeah maintainance is a big issue...
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
django1:
With all the anti-north sentiments of some dumb people down south, a northerner is doing better than the so called "our brother"?

That notwithstanding, a functioning Warri port is strategic to the North's long desire to have a thriving Riverport at Baro near Abuja. This is to complete Abuja's status as a maritime corridor. Don't forget that was one of Yar'adua's cardinal objectives. This can't happen without Warri or even Onitsha ports. It is a win win situation.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
FKO81:

Perfectly right, last time I visited their site a friend of my working with JB told me that all their maritime logistics for second Niger bridge are done through Onitsha port via Warri sea port. I ones posted the pics I took then

I reasoned they wanna take the oportunity to explore the area economically. It's very good for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

That notwithstanding, a functioning Warri port is strategic to the North's long desire to have a thriving Riverport at Baro near Abuja. This is to complete Abuja's status as a maritime corridor. Don't forget that was one of Yar'adua's cardinal objectives. This can't happen without Warri or even Onitsha ports. It is a win win situation.
not only baro but lokoja
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
175:

Exactly my broda! I was suprised to see that not even a single custom outpost between Asaba and Onitsha! Instead what we see/have is custom roadblock.
There are custom outpost and naval base in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
You want Biafra and now you want seaport, you guys should stick to one. Tomorrow , they will ask for 2nd Niger bridge

Igbos need to set their priority right, you want biafra, yet you looking for positions and 2nd Niger bridge etc.

You should ask nnamdi kalu to give you seaport.

This Yoruba Man has bursted himself.....He will close this account very soon grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
FKO81:

when did the custom base start? I know the naval base started recently

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Ojiofor: 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Don't you think kalu is a big joke, he stays in london and spew rubbish. He should come and lead the war, he's a coward.
My friend face topic or........?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by GEJman: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
FKO81:

Really? never knew about this ooo...can you tell where exactly the Naval base and Custom outpost are in Onitsha?
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
when did the custom base start? I know the naval base started recently
Their office is located along Onitsha/Asaba express way before Onitsha Holiday resort hotel
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is a business opportunity indigenous Nigerian business men failed to take. GEJ administration begged them to invest in barges to ferry cargos to Onitsha but they kind of chickened out. Now, Julius Berger, not only is floating a maritime fleet to sail around the world and berth at Warri. I'm sure they will equally float barges to discharge at Onitsha, Lokoja and Baro. What a boom for them.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:
This is a business opportunity indigenous Nigerian business men failed to take. GEJ administration begged them to invest in barges to ferry cargos to Onitsha but they kind of chickened out. Now, Julius Berger, not only is floating a maritime fleet to sail around the world and berth at Warri. I'm sure they will equally float barges to discharge at Onitsha, Lokoja and Baro. What a boom for them.
I think the issues is if that lower niger river has been actually dredged? And of the of course the maintenance issue...and this warri port functional thing is more of a recent phenomenon
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
GEJman:

Really? never knew about this ooo...can you tell where exactly the Naval base and Custom outpost are in Onitsha?
Ogbaruland is neighbored by Onitsha, a major commercial city in south eastern Nigeria located in Anambra State in Nigeria. Ogbaru people and clan are stretched into three Nigerian states, namely Anambra State, Delta State and Rivers State in Nigeria.Ogbaru has notable people such as the Late Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe, a world-renowned and acclaimed high life musician. Also, Late Chief Obiajulu Osadebe, a musical protégé of his earlier mentioned father.Ogbaru today has a Nigerian Naval Base, an Industrial river harbor, a federal road under-construction leading to Rivers State in Nigeria. Ogbaru is also a projected link road to other parts of the south east / south south zones of Nigeria with construction of a more inland link roads and a proposed 2nd Niger Bridge. Ogbaruland is very strategic to its surrounding region and Nigeria and West Africa(Africa) as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
I think the issues is if that lower niger river has been actually dredged? And of the of course the maintenance issue...and this warri port functional thing is more of a recent phenomenon

I believe it has ben dredged to the extent that big barges can sail in. FKO8 just informed us that JB's equipment and other hardwares have been all along ferried into Anambra from Warri via barges. This couldn't have happened without dredging. However, the Warri Onitsha channel still remains a shallow draught for ocean-going vessels. They'll still need to dredge more and equally embark on maintenance dredging for these sea farers to come in.
Now, for big barges, yes.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by wtfCode: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
You want Biafra and now you want seaport, you guys should stick to one. Tomorrow , they will ask for 2nd Niger bridge

Igbos need to set their priority right, you want biafra, yet you looking for positions and 2nd Niger bridge etc.

You should ask nnamdi kalu to give you seaport.
ewu
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Deltagiant:

I believe it has ben dredged to the extent that big barges can sail in. FKO8 just informed us that JB's equipment and other hardwares have been all along ferried into Anambra from Warri via barges. This couldn't have happened without dredging. However, the Warri Onitsha channel still remains a shallow draught for ocean-going vessels. They'll still need to dredge more and equally embark on maintenance dredging for these sea farers to come in.
Now, for big barges, yes.
well if jb has taken the initiative to buy barges so be it..
Foreigners always seeing opportunity first before locals
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Few pictures I took last time I visited. Onitsha port

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Likely To Take Over As Buhari Commits Perjury Over Certificate Scandal / Nnamdi Kanu Likely Poisoned As DSS Breaks Into His Prison Cell! / Senate Sets December 19th For Passage Of 2018 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.