Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG (5127 Views)

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon / Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics / Shippers Shun Lifting Nigeria’s Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
FKO81:
Few pictures I took last time I visited. Onitsha port
no sign of activity here
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
no sign of activity here
I took the pictures on Sunday, because that's the only day I have in a week for my exploration, I hope you understand? grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
zuchyblink:
no matter the amount of juju you do,ur ppl can never attain the height of Igbos both locally and internationally
you and your people are so deluded. Everything little thing na only ibo achieve. Una get spiritual problem ooh. U ll think igbos v attained Eldorado. U only v to visit various enclaves in Nigeria and see igbos struggling to eke out a living far away from dere ancestral land. Self deceit z an irredeemable problem. E pele ti yin ooh omo nna
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
As far as I am concerned we need d FG to open up every region including sea transportation. Let it go round. Running to d SW is stifling us. Even if igbos remain unreasonable and deluded the rest of Nigeria should b fair to dem. If they want biafra they shd b allowed to go. No Ibo man z feeding me or my people. They v always benefitted from d benevolence of yorubas and other nigerians so I don't see reason y any sane Nigerian ll b against their desire to v biafra.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by basilo101: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Onitsha port

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by asha80(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
basilo101:
Onitsha port
Na Sunday too you snap this one?
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
PAINGAIN:
since onitsha is still in nigeria and not in biafra,I see no reason we shouldn't ask for a seaport in another part of nigeria. Afterall, its one nigeria na.

Exactly the kind of response Calvin (in Calvin & Hobbes) gives his mother when the mother queries the rationale for demanding sandwiches when he (Calvin) is already "seceding". Calvin memorably protested that he is still a member of the family.
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
Na Sunday too you snap this one?
That's one of my pictures I guess he saved it
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by FKO81(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by zimoni(f): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is a good news. A good development.

Warri is closer to Anambra and East than PH or Calabar. Lagos is the farthest.

I'm happy for them.

Gradually, we are getting things right in Nigeria.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by investnow2013: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
zimoni:
This is a good news. A good development.

Warri is closer to Anambra and East than PH or Calabar. Lagos is the farthest.

I'm happy for them.

Gradually, we are getting things right in Nigeria.

It is well.
Yes! Warri is only 1 & half hour drive from Onitsha!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by Deltagiant: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Although Warri like Onitsha is a river port, it's more strategically located, 65 km to the sea and Onitsha 140 Km.

Well, most of the 'seaports' in the world were built on rivers flowing into the seas!

I believe the two ports will complement each other's activities in no small way that they will become very popular.

Even as they will serve as the feeders of the Ports at Lokoja and Baro.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by ahaz: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
You want Biafra and now you want seaport, you guys should stick to one. Tomorrow , they will ask for 2nd Niger bridge

Igbos need to set their priority right, you want biafra, yet you looking for positions and 2nd Niger bridge etc.

You should ask nnamdi kalu to give you seaport.
Iust listen to yourself,do you think you are making sense?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by meccuno: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
You want Biafra and now you want seaport, you guys should stick to one. Tomorrow , they will ask for 2nd Niger bridge

Igbos need to set their priority right, you want biafra, yet you looking for positions and 2nd Niger bridge etc.

You should ask nnamdi kalu to give you seaport.
can u pls stfu
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by NDPVFreload: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2015
Am loving this.More SE/SS economic ties please.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by NDPVFreload: 12:04am On Aug 22, 2015
Deltagiant:
Although Warri like Onitsha is a river port, it's more strategically located, 65 km to the sea and Onitsha 140 Km.

Well, most of the 'seaports' in the world were built on rivers flowing into the seas!

I believe the two ports will complement each other's activities in no small way that they will become very popular.

Even as they will serve as the feeders of the Ports at Lokoja and Baro.
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by carnegiefan: 2:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Deltagiant:
This is a business opportunity indigenous Nigerian business men failed to take. GEJ administration begged them to invest in barges to ferry cargos to Onitsha but they kind of chickened out. Now, Julius Berger, not only is floating a maritime fleet to sail around the world and berth at Warri. I'm sure they will equally float barges to discharge at Onitsha, Lokoja and Baro. What a boom for them.

Most Nigerian business men that can afford to do this are making money in corrupt ways; eg, oil business and monopolies like Dangote.
Who wants to take risks when they are already making cheap money?
Julius Berger can do it because it is a foreign company with foreign business ethics.
Re: Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG by carnegiefan: 2:43am On Aug 22, 2015
BTW Onitsha by the river cityscape is simply gorgeous!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disobedient Nnamdi Kanu Stays With 20 People Today PICS / Gbajabiamila: MDAs Not Implementing 2020 Budget / Peter Obi Supported SSS Illegal Detention Of El-Rufai In Anambra (2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.