Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (32061 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

You are the one who said on this thread that souls in heaven are not supposed to know the pains in the world. Did God say that?. Now you have turned to say that they are supposed to feel emotional pain because now it suits your claim but where it doesn't its a lie. They don't feel anything. Nnaaa nawa for you o..... na this kind thing you de do ur followers? There is God oooo

Your case is critical. lipsrsealed

"...and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

So people in heaven get sick and feel pain? Give us your scripture backing.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Please show me where it says or I said they can avenge enemies? When after all God told them to rest a while.

Show me where it said you prayed to those souls to help you avenge enemies on the earth?

Show me where it says souls in heaven can feel emotional pain? (Because from what we got from that scripture those souls were just beheaded for the word and just got to the presence of God, so robes where given to them. Or were they naked all this while in heaven?)

Please if souls in heaven are not supposed to feel any sort of emotional pain, how is God going to allow Mary to recieve millions requests of hurtful humans of all kinds (Murder, sickness e.t.c.) when she is supposed to be having joy and pleasures over there?

If you want me to go logical with you I will.

You mean the same logic that you have been standing on its head all this while. Stop deceiving people...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

You mean the same logic that you have been standing on its head all this while. Stop deceiving people...

Guy you no dey go work. Or you neva start work? which one?.

In all you've been saying, no scripture has been used. Just Assumption, Assumption, Assumptions.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Your case is critical. lipsrsealed

"...and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

So people in heaven get sick and feel pain? Give us your scripture backing.

I will give you your own contradictory quote...

Jeromejnr:
They are the souls that where recently beheaded in the tribulation and just made heaven that was why white robes were given to them.

Or have they been in heaven all this time and were Unclad?.

Jeromejnr:
That scripture is deeper than you tink. Remember how God told Cain that his brothers blood was crying from the ground? Ponder on that. (Go through that scripture you would see they even talked of their blood).

They knew they were beheaded and cry for vengeance, yet they don't feel pain... but they cry. Last time I checked cry is not emotion.

They needed cloth? to do what, when they are not supposed to know that they are naked.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

In all you've been saying, no scripture has been used. Just Assumption, Assumption, Assumptions.

Last time I checked you were the person who has assumed anything here not me.

You assumed that the disciple was John, not me.

Now look at your assumptions in your own words

Jeromejnr:
Well, not everyone from my camp knows the scriptures so don't be surprised.

As for the elders, we know little about, there are different beings in heaven. Not just the God-head and angels (even though most are generally classified as angels) In heaven there are Seraphims, Cherubims e.t.c. The word angel means messenger. The letters written at the beginning of Revelations to the angels of the churches was actually to the pastors or head of those churches (looking at it from the greek tecahings). But the pastors were called angels.

And that scripture never said they knew what the prayers of the saints were. The prayers were in form of incense which is offered only to God.

Also that's the book of revelations, it could mean anything and not what we think. All that could be after the Saints Judgement where they would have been rewarded. So who knows, maybe those elders might be rewarded saints chosen for that position. I don't know.

LOL @pastors were called angels Oga who tell you?

I am only exposing the lies you use in deceit... you want me to face my work so u can continue ur job of deception. NO...I want them to see your undiluted lies against God's people.

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Sorry I am working today... ur job don cast!!!! You will not see people to deceive today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See what your partner said

OLAADEGBU:
Christians don't become saints when they die, they only join up with the saints in heaven when they "die". smiley

Before continue your job, why don't you teach your partner that there is no welding and joining up in heaven. Remind him also that nobody dies in heaven.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Last time I checked you were the person who has assumed anything here not me.

You assumed that the disciple was John, not me.

Now look at your assumptions in your own words

LOL @pastors were called angels Oga who tell you?

I am only exposing the lies you use in deceit... you want me to face my work so u can continue ur job of deception. NO...I want them to see your undiluted lies against God's people.

Loool!

Guy stop jumping and going round the world trying to find something to nail me.

How do you want to understand all that when you said you don't know any scripture to back up your claims and also when you said you don't know Jewish history?

Start small my guy, take baby steps.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Sorry I am working today... ur job don cast!!!! You will not see people to deceive today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See what your partner said

Before continue your job, why don't you teach your partner that there is no welding and joining up in heaven.

What is my business with the person you are quoting. And besides I don't even know who that is.

He might even be from your own camp. grin
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

I will give you your own contradictory quote...

They knew they were beheaded and cry for vengeance, yet they don't feel pain... but they cry. Last time I checked cry is not emotion.

They needed cloth? to do what, when they are not supposed to know that they are naked.

Unintelligible.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Loool!

Guy stop jumping and going round the world trying to find something to nail me.

How do you want to understand all that when you said you don't know any scripture to back up your claims and also when you said you don't know Jewish history?

Start small my guy, take baby steps.

I am sure I don't need any jewish history to understand the word of God... only the Holy Spirit. If I want to study history, Nigerian history is a good place to start.

So, when you quote the word out of context, you tell your gullible listeners that it is jewish history and unless they understand jewish history they rot in hell. I need no jewish history my friend.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Unintelligible.

Because it doesn't support ur claim. Things are only intelligent any time they suit u. Rigidity is not ignorance... it's, you know na

BTW tell ur friend that nobody dies in heaven
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

I am sure I don't need any jewish history to understand the word of God... only the Holy Spirit. If I want to study history, Nigerian history is a good place to start.

So, when you quote the word out of context, you tell your gullible listeners that it is jewish history and unless they understand jewish history they rot in hell. I need no jewish history my friend.

But you need Catholic history to pray to Mary isn't it? grin
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

What is my business with the person you are quoting. And besides I don't even know who that is.

He might even be from your own camp. grin

Really, u deny ur friend... o di egwu o
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Because it doesn't support ur claim. Things are only intelligent any time they suit u. Rigidity is not ignorance... it's, you know na

BTW tell ur friend that nobody dies in heaven

Why don't you stick to just me alone and leave the guy out of this. You've traveled round the world looking for claims to nail me cool.

I still need Scriptures? Stop dodging.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Really, u deny ur friend... o di egwu o

A very Pointless and absurd comment.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But you need Catholic history to pray to Mary isn't it? grin

Yes sir because the Bible is not against it.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Yes sir because the Bible is not against it.

That is why I have been saying you should show us where na? Haba!
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you stick to just me alone and leave the guy out of this. You've traveled round the world looking for claims to nail me cool.

I still need Scriptures? Stop dodging.

Nail you? Who can do that better than you have been doing? You say something in one thread and deny it in another. Scriptures about what na? That you said souls in heaven cry in one thread but they don't in another.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

That is why I have been saying you should show us where na? Haba!

Where what happened? If you say the Bible is against it, show me where. Thats simple enough. The burden of lies on .........
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Nail you? Who can do that better than you have been doing? You say something in one thread and deny it in another. Scriptures about what na? That you said souls in heaven cry in one thread but they don't in another.

My broda, next time ehn, If you want to say something like you said, don't use the book of Revelations because it's a book of mysteries.

Show us what you want from the epistles and the gospels first. If you can't understand those, How on earth do you want to understand the last book?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Where what happened? If you say the Bible is against it, show me where. Thats simple enough. The burden of lies on .........

Where your catholic doctrine of praying to Mary is.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

My broda, next time ehn, If you want to say something like you said, don't use the book of Revelations because it's a book of mysteries.

Show us what you want from the epistles and the gospels first. If you can't understand those, How on earth do you want to understand the last book?

Okay Sir, now Revelations is not part of the scriptures says the Jewish tradion.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Where your catholic doctrine of praying to Mary is.

The Bible is not against praying(asking) to Mary or the saints to pray for you God. Be informed it doesn't negative the work of Jesus. Jesus is the only mediator between God and Man.

When you pray for someone you don't diminish the work of Jesus.

When you pray to someone, you dont diminish the work of Jesus, rather you edify it. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints; and I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake. For I have come to have much joy and comfort in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother.

Show me where your bible says 'praying to one another except Mary'. Say only the truth.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Okay Sir, now Revelations is not part of the scriptures says the Jewish tradion.

Comprehension is key in this world.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Comprehension is key in this world.

Rigidity is padlock in the next.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

Rigidity is padlock

Yea that is what religion does, it makes one Rigid. Therefore peoples minds are padlocked with traditions of men.

Good thing you know.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yea that is what religion does, it makes one Rigid. Therefore peoples minds are padlocked with traditions of men.

Good thing you know.
That is what religion has done to you... you no longer see good things in what others do

dmandy:

The Bible is not against praying(asking) to Mary or the saints to pray for you God. Be informed it doesn't negative the work of Jesus. Jesus is the only mediator between God and Man.
When you pray for someone you don't diminish the work of Jesus.
When you pray to someone, you dont diminish the work of Jesus, rather you edify it. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

If a saint on earth dies has he been separated from the body of Christ?

Paul answers For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints; and I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake. For I have come to have much joy and comfort in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother.
Show me where your bible says 'praying to one another except Mary'. Say only the truth.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

That is what religion has done to you... you no longer see good things in what others do

I don't do religion sir.

and the scripture you put there, how does it mean praying to saints in heaven? Does it have to do with intercession? What do you know intercession is?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I don't do religion sir.

and the scripture you put there, how does it mean praying to saints in heaven? Does it have to do with intercession? What do you know intercession is?

What you are doing is religion Oga.. check your dictionary for the meaning of the word.

does death separate the saints from the body of christ?

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

What you are doing is religion Oga.. check your dictionary for the meaning of the word.

does death separate the saints from the body of christ?

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am not answering you again until you give me scripture on praying to mary and angels.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I am not answering you again until you give me scripture on praying to mary and angels.

But I just did na.... Are you so rigid that you can't see.

Hope you have checked your dictionary. good. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
dmandy:

But I just did na.... Are you so rigid that you can't see.

Hope you have checked your dictionary. good. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee

cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Ejection Drama: Paul Enenche's Family Speaks / Muslims Storm Egyptian Church, Attack Worshippers, Call For It To Be Demolished / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.