Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims (16896 Views)

Stop Rejecting Gunshot Victims, Police Warn Hospitals / Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report / BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Solomon Arase, inspector-general of police, has directed
hospitals to give medical care to victims of gunshot
wounds.

It has been the unwritten rule of Nigerian hospitals to deny
people with gunshot wounds medical care for fear of being
implicated without the involvement of the police.

But on Friday, Arase enjoined citizens, including medical
personnel, to attend to accident victims and persons with
gunshot wounds and thereafter inform the police for
necessary action.

“This became imperative, following neglect and consequent
untimely death of victims in this regard out of fear of being
implicated without police involvement,” Emmanuel Ojukwu,
police spokesman, said.

The police high command also directed its officers and men
not to harass good Samaritans/Nigerians in this regard, but
endeavour to elicit correct facts in relation to incident from
them.

“Doctors on duty are equally duty bound to treat victims of
gunshot wounds and further inform police of relevant facts.
The safety of Nigerians is a collaborative effort of all and
sundry,” Ojukwu added.

“Police therefore, enjoin citizens not to relent in their
cooperative attitude in ensuring safety of all. While they are
also to report any suspicious person or persons to the
nearest police station.”

https://www.thecable.ng/igp-directs-hospitals-treat-gunshot-victims

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good development...

If our politicians after stealing in broad daylight, can be treated as VIPs. Then I think the ordinary robber in the street deserve to live, until proven otherwise by a court of Law.

But I doubt if this directive will be heeded to the letter.
My son, DONT EVER TRUST THE POLICE!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Bonapart(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
After losing a soldier, father of five to boko haram, i was also got banned on nairaland for calling death on islamist terrorists(boko haram)

I pray y'all don't become victim of boko haram or lose some one to them

#shallom

*modified*
Y'all don't want to hear us call boko haram and their kind 'islamist terrorists'
They preach allah and call their mission holy war(jihad)
Their teachings are islamic but you still deny it

Y'all sympathisers will receive greater damnation

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Dottore: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
If I hear that some stupid policemen wouldnt make serious trouble for hospitals and Doctors that heed this directive.
Anything is possible in Nigeria
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by shizzy7(f): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
PERFECT! PERFECT!! PERFECT!!

Wow, this just made my day ENOUGH of sudden,, unnecessary deaths because of a DAMN police report.....
People scared to take injured people to a Hospital because of a DAMN police report

1 Like

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by oshibote1: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Gud
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by 2prexios: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by flyca: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank you sir
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by boman2014: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
good. move
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by xertyy: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
ok
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by qualityovenbake(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
The chances of dying of a gunshot wound in Nigeria has be minimise.,

3 Likes

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by djakinwande(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Datz nice
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by anonimi: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
WHAT will happen if they don't?
Can they be charged to court and what will be their CRIME?
What do our LAWS recommend as punishment for such crime?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by natas22: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
The massive change going on in all the sectors of the country is even seen now in police. Before an innocent man shot by men of the underworld will never get medical treatment unless a written note from police there by causing the deaths of thousands.

Since my sai buhari's change started all sectors are seating up and things in order.

Sai buhari.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by airsaylongcon: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
OGA IGP, nobi mouth. Document this by writing a letter to all Ministries of Health state and federal. Copy all state CP, Zonal AIGs and every police formation

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Pavore9: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
What a relief!
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by phransix147(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Everybody is now trying to contribute to the development of Nigeria... A good leader attracts this!

PMB till 2023!

Pls IGP look into the activities of SARS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Johnnoo(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good one IG. Treat the dude and inform the pilice...simple!!!! wink
#InformationIsPower
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by arstot(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
good news there
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Great! This directive was long overdue. Innocent people have lost their lives to gunshot wounds just because the hospitals refused to treat them without a police report. It is indeed wiser to treat gunshot victims but informing the police while they are still being treated. I hope the police formations across the country will adhere strictly to this directive of the IGP.

1 Like

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by 1stGenius(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good one.But that doesn't give you the robber the guarantee to go and steal.Remember you might get shot on the process.
BE A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN AND DO NOT STEAL ATALL.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Pianoman1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
niger police!!!...d only police dat GTA (grand theft auto) police is better dan
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by goshikid: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
SMH!! SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER CHANGE! well its nice knowing it.. good job
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by sylve11: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
it has been long we heard or read this, but hospitals still will not comply. cool
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Mutuwa(m): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
yes
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by emamos: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
PERFECT! PERFECT!! PERFECT!!

Wow, this just made my day ENOUGH of sudden,, unnecessary deaths because of a DAMN police report.....
People scared to take injured people to Hospital because of a DAMN police report
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by bigass(f): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Though I support him on this but IGP's statements are not law.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Hermaphrodite Who Want 2 Cutoff His Female Organ & Becum Male(pics / 16 Health Benefits Of Oha Leaves / Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.