Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims (16903 Views)

Stop Rejecting Gunshot Victims, Police Warn Hospitals / Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report / BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by shizzy7(f): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=emamos post=37192304][/quote]Am I wrong??
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
WHAT IS POLICE?
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Cool development....... still, Where is Biliki?
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by donodion(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Editor1:

https://www.thecable.ng/igp-directs-hospitals-treat-gunshot-victims

DJ...play me the latest anthem in town..." Change is here "...
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by 175(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Pavore9:
What a relief!
What a relief abi see this armed robber. . .SMH *just kidding sha*
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by goshikid: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
1stGenius:
Good one.But that doesn't give you the robber the guarantee to go and steal.Remember you might get shot on the process.
BE A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN AND DO NOT STEAL ATALL.
seconded!
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by dominique(f): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Long overdue.

1stGenius:
Good one.But that doesn't give you the robber the guarantee to go and steal.Remember you might get shot on the process.
BE A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN AND DO NOT STEAL ATALL.

How about the innocent victims of armed robbers or someone who unfortunately caught a stray bullet. No developed country in this world will request for a report before going ahead to treat someone visibly bleeding to death. I'm very glad that wicked law has been ccancelled.

1 Like

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Pavore9: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
175:

What a relief abi see this armed robber. . .SMH
*just kidding sha*

l have lost someone who was hit by a stray bullet, he would probably have survived if the two hospitals he was rushed to didn't insist on Police report! angry

1 Like

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Seadove70(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dis is a good development and is type of change. God bless Nigerians
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by ideatoprince18(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Editor1:
Good development...

If our politicians after stealing in broad daylight, can be treated as VIPs. Then I think the ordinary robber in the street deserve to live, until proven otherwise by a court of Law.

But I doubt if this directive will be heeded to the letter.
My son, DONT EVER TRUST THE POLICE!!
.......are you d spokesman for STREET ROBBERS....
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
ideatoprince18:
.......are you d spokesman for STREET ROBBERS....

I was speaking to save ur father. He's the Egbon of Armed Robbers Nationwide.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Until I see the circular/memo I will not believe it.
Hence, no such treatment in my hospital
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by emamos: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Am I wrong??
totally right
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by eddyslim(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nice one IGP
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by tunde1200(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good move but will our police yield to these?.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by stasius: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
A circular should be passed to that effect period. Otherwise IGP you are on your own!

2 Likes

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by yambi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
well I reason with the over this action
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
These police people cant be trusted... They would still find a way to harras doctors and nurses treating gun shot wounds.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Jexyme(f): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
This reminds me of one of our final year oral exam questions.

It goes as this:

Imagine you find ourself (a female) practicing in a rural health care facility.
One day, you happen to be on call duty (Night work).
An armed robber breaks into your house and rape you at gun point.
Few minutes after he left, you receive a call that someone got shot at.
In trying to save life against all odds, you hurry up and go. On reaching to bed side you find out that it's that same armed robber.
What would you do....Save or not save his life?
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by dannewlife(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Police ? They will demand for a written letter from the IGP. Their usual statement is..... It has not been communicated to us in writing.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by free2ryhme: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin

Nigerian Police can't be trust

Let them do a public paid announcement on national dailies as evidence
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Runyibee(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good moved
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by MansaMoussa: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
I just HATE anything Police..whether good or bad!
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by adekaz777: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
I hope they obey! The bill was passed by the 5th national assembly and signed into law by the president but the implementation has been a mirage. Good directive!

1 Like

Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
nonsense sabi he don reach them ni

Just two weeks ago Alimosho general hospital almost get a colleague of mine killed for these their rubbish police report
when armed rubbers shot someone and he cant be treated first na police report be the first thing not the person's live ..............

Okada mata reach dem family dem ban now na gunshot treatment??
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by kanaleke(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is the best thing that has happened in Nigeria.....do you know how many lives that was lost coz of the doctors negligence via dx situation.I salute the IG and the federal Govt
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Opynion: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
I support Baba go slow on this.
. . . . . . my opynion
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by kenoz(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by seangy4konji: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don hear
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by omojeesu(m): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
'Directs'? You mean 'Appeals'. Which hospitals? Public or Private? It's a pity it doesn't work out that way. We still have a long to go to safe lives in this direction.

May we not be at the receiving end!
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by konjivity: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
The issue of right to medical treatment for gunshot victims shouldn't be left at the whims of any IGP; it should be a matter of convention. Kudos to IGP though.
Re: IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims by Spidermon: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Just like the Nigerian police keeps insisting bail is free, Now it is about gunshot treatment not requiring police report.....
"Dem no dey tell man. Na man dey discern"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? / Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients / Meet Nigerian Hermaphrodite Who Want 2 Cutoff His Female Organ & Becum Male(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.