Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down (20039 Views)

Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos) / OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / Kachikwu Gives Warri Refinery 90-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by eleojo23: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
are you serious?you mean ok?
Are you serious?
You mean you quoted a post with just 'OK' to ask if the poster is serious? grin

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by NotGej: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fjhfcc
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Inception(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
OLX....

Sell it!

The condition of that refinery is worse than those taxis plying Ibadan roads...

4 Likes

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Sixtustony(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
The more you look the less you see

2 Likes

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Inception(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
NotGej:
Fjhfcc
grin

Speaking in tongues just because of FTC?

angry

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by lurlah2014(f): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
pray for the best and stop exposing the odds
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by coolbis: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
biker1:
Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down - Sahara Reporters

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/20/warri-refinery-crippled-disrepair-corruption-shuts-down
in no distant future, all these rots will become a thing of the past, Baba is here let all the economic sabotour look fOr a legal job to do. Its new dawn, its new nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
The niger deltans are clueless, dis is just a bid to get the kaduna refinery only working. I just pity dis ppl by the time buhari is tru with them they would be complete slaves to the north.
what are you vomiting?which naija delta? I think you are nut,you better go renut your brain,idoit,if deltans are clueless,i wonder the kinda abjective i can qualify you with...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yet Nigeria is suddenly producing 5,000mW of electricity with one refinery down? How come?
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
NotGej:
Fjhfcc

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by drss(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Baba mai nono's intergrity crippling refineries since may 29. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by atlwireles: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin this was my story two months ago. NNPC was busy lying on APC's behalf.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Bome01(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
I heard they're still trying to clear debts from tickets of products from last year from an independent marketing agent.
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Olukat(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
"[color=#990000][/color]We are thus forced to rely on trucks to deliver crude for refining and for delivering final products,” one engineer at the refinery told our correspondent"

Can Sahara reporters ever finish a report without lies? No!
You truck crude oil from Escravos or where?
Misinformation is one key they use against their perceived enemy angry

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
what are you vomiting?which naija delta? I think you are nut,you better go renut your brain,idoit,if deltans are clueless,i wonder the kinda abjective i can qualify you with...

You are the true definition of clulessness, thinking you know wen u don't. The warri refinery is Newer than that of kaduna. Is there not corruption also in kaduna are they not under the same corporation NNPC. Take note kaduna is forging ahead, lagos is about to get a refinery. Only u guys with ur unprocessed oil. Now I see cluelessness running in ur vein. We yorubas would neva allow dat to happen. Just pity u ppl.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by otokx(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Well Obasanjo was right, the refineries ought to be sold. Even as it is under producing or shut down, the thousands of workers still collect full salary so why should it work.
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by tunde1200(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
wahala dey ooo cry cool
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
The niger deltans are clueless, dis is just a bid to get the kaduna refinery only working. I just pity dis ppl by the time buhari is tru with them they would be complete slaves to the north.
U are the clueless one. Those in the know already stated that all the report of refinery working are all fabul but buharists would rather masturbate over mere news of on going work at the refinery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Are we really going forward or backward?

The dullard just hit the ground running backwards. ..lol

2 Likes

That was why I didn't join in the fight over who takes credit for fixing refineries. I'm of the opinion that those relics, called refineries, are better sold off. Govt should not spend any penny in either maintaining or repairing them. In addition, govt should support the private sector to build local refineries. Govt has no business in business. That is the only way forward and GEJ was already doing that. The privatization process had already commenced, though opposed by labour unions, while Dangote was supported to start building a refinery

3 Likes

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by 175(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
Don't ever give the devil a ride because he will decide to drive you!
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by qtx(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
tot we just heard last week that the refinery has started working? sahara sahara, how many times did i call u? take ya time hia o. y are you confusing us?

[url]robminds.com[/url]

3 Likes

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
smh
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by bayo1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
francizy:
I thought order was restored when the Daura messiah sent his angels (military) to guide the pipelines??

Now we're hearing of vandalism, fire outbreak and refineries shutting down.

I hail thee APC...

Somehow you don't understand what you read or you just decided to ignore the fact in the story. Please go back and read the story again maybe you'll be able to understand a little. See below for instance and stop saying rubbish:

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison Madueke, gave approval for Ocean Marine Tankers (OMT) Limited, founded by Captain Hosa Okunbor, Tunde Ayeni and Mr. Ekpemupolo (Tompolo), to take over delivery of crude to Warri Refinery.

“It beats my imagination that, despite being paid millions of dollars for pipeline surveillance and protection, Tompolo and other Niger Delta militants have not been able to restore pipeline sources to the refinery. Tompolo is being paid by the NNPC to safeguard pipelines that are currently not delivering crude to the [Warri] refinery.
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Wailers see d life of ur clueless hero of massive corruption ooooo. Jona don nearly finish Nigeria. Ole barawo

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by sammyj: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
GEJ administration !!
Richie0974:
Who crippled it. undecided.... Militants.. .
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by drss(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Are we really going forward or backward?
Backwards with the dullard at the helm of affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by atlwireles: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
That was why I didn't join in the fight over who takes credit for fixing refineries. I'm of the opinion that those relics, called refineries, are better sold off. Govt should not spend any penny in either maintaining or repairing them. In addition, govt should support the private sector to build local refineries. Govt has no business in business. That is the only way forward and GEJ was already doing that. The privatization process had already commenced, though opposed by labour unions, while Dangote was supported to start building a refinery

No serious business man will spend one naira on any refinery in Nigeria. Nigeria should give them away for free to the IOCs
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by wiseoneking: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
BELEIVE THIS GOVT, BELIEVE EVERYTHING. Scam!

1 Like

Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by anonimi: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Cooladex:
#Nawao!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2768388_temad20sav206_5x5203_jpegd668c6221a1ad076dc1f83d627d51002

This your rice LOOKS very fine oh with better packaging.
Where are the selling agents/points in Lagos?
Re: Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down by anonimi: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Wailers see d life of ur clueless hero of massive corruption ooooo. Jona don nearly finish Nigeria. Ole barawo?

What will you call the 36 state governors

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPC And Military To Tackle Militants In Lagos. Photos / APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health / El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.