Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara (11219 Views)

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 3:50am On Aug 22, 2015
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has warned that there should be no sacred cow in the ongoing war against corruption being waged by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

While describing corruption as a cancer‎, he cautioned that leaving any of its cells alive will be fatal as it is important to confront corruption in all its ramifications.
In a series of tweets he posted on Thursday, Dogara categorically stated that it will be foolhardy for the country to jail the looters without recovering the chunk of the looted funds.

Catholic Archbishop of Sokoto Diocese, Matthew Hassan Kukah, had after the National Peace Committee met with President Muhammadu Buhari last week, suggesting that past political office holders accused of corruption should be pardoned.

Kukah, who is a member of the Committee chaired by former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), said it would amount to distraction and a waste of time probing past administrations, adding that the present government should be forward looking and meet the needs and aspirations of Nigerians.

But Dogara, in his Twitter posts, disagreed with this position, stressing that, “We must confront corruption in all its ramifications cos it’s like cancer. Leaving any of its cells alive’ll be fatal.‎

“In this total war on corruption, what we say is meaningless.

“It boils down to what we’ll do.

“Read our Legislative Agenda.

“How can we reign in the support of Western Governments not to prosecute those Institutions in the event that they blow the whistle?

“The amount of looted funds stashed abroad is such that it’ll be foolish to just jail the looters without recovering a chunk of it.

“We must be very smart but the total war must go on regardless of who is for or against it and there should be no sacred cow.

“We need to set the goal or purpose of the war against corruption in order to fashion out an appropriate response

“‎For example: do we want our money back or do we simply want to jail the looters?

“These are complex issues with no easy answers,” he tweeted.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/21/there-should-be-no-sacred-cows-in-anti-graft-war-dogara/

2 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 3:51am On Aug 22, 2015
A million Like for you sir Mr. Dogara. This is awesome, saying it without been lopsided.

[b]
1. Corruption is a terrible disease that can destroy a country hence the need be to confront it in all ramifications.

2. Corruption is like a cancer that do eat deep into the heart of its host if been allow hence the need be to cure it without leaving any of its cells.

3. You dont leave a terrible disease to grow more and more, so does corruption needs not to be allow to grow wings for it will be laborious to catch it.

4. You dont pardoned a disease for it might hunt one for years to come, the same goes for those that are corrupt they need not to be exonerated.

5. You dont cure a diseases that can kill by only talking, you can only do that by going for a comprehensive medication, the same goes for corruption, you dont mow it by only talking but by swinging into action, for action speaks louder than words.

5. With the gargatuan amount of money stashed into different account abroad, it will be foolish to only jail those involve without recovering all or some of it.

6. In this war of corruption, one needs not to be lopsided hence the need be to prosecute, stoned whoever has drag us into this murky water.[/b]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Femolacaster(m): 3:53am On Aug 22, 2015
Na so jare, Mr Dogara!

8 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by fran6co(m): 3:56am On Aug 22, 2015
tel them

2 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by bewla(m): 3:57am On Aug 22, 2015
Yes i support u and no immunity also for orders to

1 Like

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by starpon1: 4:11am On Aug 22, 2015
dogora is talking as if he himself is innocent

2 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 4:18am On Aug 22, 2015
Femolacaster:
Na so jare, Mr Dogara!
Saying it as it is..

Lalasticlala
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by PedroJP(m): 5:16am On Aug 22, 2015
starpon1:

Whether one is innocent or not, most important thing for the masses is dat looters are prosecuted and our funds returned.

In as much as starting his probe with GEJ's administration will seem a witch hunting, it is welcomed, cos the effect will be to the advantage of the masses as looters will be detered to loot. If administrations continue to pardon their immediate past administrations just not to make it seem witch hunting will take us no where.

Support Buhari to his probe anywhere as these leaders feel nothing for the suffering masses and shouldn't be felt for.

Maybe starting with GEJ's administration will bring about chain reaction that will lead to probing beyond 99.

Sentiments apart, we need to stop the tradition of sharing collective wealth among few, if Buhari can do that, let's support him, even if it's witch hunting, moreover, nothing stopped GEJ from prosecuting others.

6 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by natas22: 5:20am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by boboLIL(m): 6:13am On Aug 22, 2015
U mean there should be no Buhari cos he is a cow na gringrin

Oya blind apc supporters bash me nigringrin

3 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by sammyj: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Still reading !!!
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Bevista: 8:04am On Aug 22, 2015
“We need to set the goal or purpose of the war against corruption in order to fashion out an appropriate response

For example: do we want our money back or do we simply want to jail the looters?
We want Both!

1 Like

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2015
PedroJP:

Whether one is innocent or not, most important thing for the masses is dat looters are prosecuted and our funds returned.

In as much as starting his probe with GEJ's administration will seem a witch hunting, it is welcomed, cos the effect will be to the advantage of the masses as looters will be detered to loot. If administrations continue to pardon their immediate past administrations just not to make it seem witch hunting will take us no where.

Support Buhari to his probe anywhere as these leaders feel nothing for the suffering masses and shouldn't be felt for.

Maybe starting with GEJ's administration will bring about chain reaction that will lead to probing beyond 99.

Sentiments apart, we need to stop the tradition of sharing collective wealth among few, if Buhari can do that, let's support him, even if it's witch hunting, moreover, nothing stopped GEJ from prosecuting others.
Starting with GEJ while sending OBJ as a peace mediator to Guinea Bissau might mean Nigeria would have to depend on sugar cane and cocoa to pay her bills.
The EFCC are not over worked,They can handle all trio of IBB,OBJ and GEJ

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2015
Bevista:
We want Both!
AbI..... Both, even though it wont still get to the hoi polloi if the looted money is recovered.
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2015
starpon1:
LOL..
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Bevista: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Starting with GEJ while sending OBJ as a peace mediator to Guinea Bissau might mean Nigeria would have to depend on sugar cane and cocoa to pay her bills.
Similar threats were made should GEJ loose the elections. Threats were also made should PMB cancel the contracts of militants.

You overrate your militant leaders. They gained so much from the last govt. Right now they have so much to loose, so they wont want to incur the wrath of this administration.

GEJ exercised his prerogative of refusing to probe any past government. PMB should be allowed his prerogative to make his choices.

2 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 22, 2015
Bevista:
Similar threats were made should GEJ loose the elections. Threats were also made should PMB cancel the contracts of militants.

Your militant leaders gained so much from the last govt. Right now they have so much to loose, so they wont want to incur the wrath of this administration.

GEJ exercised his prerogative of refusing to probe any past government. PMB should be allowed his prerogative to make his choices.

Lol you make me laugh!!! They would not to incur the wrath of Buhari indeed!!! I think Buhari should be the one who would not want to incur their wrath.Just one notice of meeting by Tompolo he rushed off to pay up their oustanding allowances!!!

You bloody hypocrites!!! You want to ignore the crimes committed by by your kinsmen to go after GEJ because he is from a minority tribe!!!

I trust the ND boys anyway.As the popular saying goes."Warri no de carry last,instead na draw"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by owobokiri(m): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Even for those who staunchily opposed buharis presidency, this laughable state of buharis comatose war against corruption is demoralising. . I mean, if this 'fight' was/is geniune, everybody would have benefitted immensely irrespective of party/tribal affliations. But what do we have here? A presidential witch-hunt dressed up as a war against corruption. . This will only entrench corruption . In essence, if you are corrupt, all you need to do is to be in the good books of the guy in Aso and bingo; you are let off the hook and could easily be made a kingmaker as is the case with Amaechi, Tinubu and rest of the gang. This is totally wrong and is nothing but a towering legacy to double-standard, cronnism and favouritism. We are gratefull to Jah-Jehovah-Elohin that good men are starting to speak up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Bevista: 8:59am On Aug 22, 2015
chukwudi44:
Just one notice of meeting by Tompolo he rushed off to pay up their oustanding allowances!!!
How about i remind you that just the threat of probe has caused your Hero to go himself and also send proxies (in Emeka Anyaoku and Peace Committee) to PMB.

"FAMILY is not whose blood you carry. Its who loves you and who you love". I am a proper ND son, but i dont give a hoot about corrupt leaders who dont have my interest.

All witches must be hunted!
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by PedroJP(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

The EFCC are not over worked,They can handle all trio of IBB,OBJ and GEJ

Yea bro, but better it results in chaos and we have a new turn that will favour the masses than just ignoring and few continue to enjoy at the expense of the masses.

One step at a time, Harliburton scandal and all necessary ones must be visited once a step is made. We need liberation from our corrupt leaders.
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol you make me laugh!!! They would not to incur the wrath of Buhari indeed!!! I think Buhari should be the one who would not want to incur their wrath.Just one notice of meeting by Tompolo he rushed off to pay up their oustanding allowances!!!

You bloody hypocrites!!! You want to ignore the crimes committed by by your kinsmen to go after GEJ because he is from a minority tribe!!!

I trust the ND boys anyway.As the popular saying goes."Warri no de carry last,instead na draw"

Chukwudi my friend stop saying Jonathan comes from a minorit tribe, you are only demeaning him and the tribe..
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
Bevista:
How about i remind you that just the threat of probe has caused your Hero to go himself and also send proxies (in Emeka Anyaoku and Peace Committee) to PMB.

"FAMILY is not whose blood you carry. Its who loves you and who you love". I am a proper ND son, but i dont give a damn about corrupt leaders who dont have my interest.

All witches must be hunted!
Sure we aint going to fold our hands and let corruption and those that are corrupt destroy the country which is why all witches and wizard must be hunt and dealt with.
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by wapSmart(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Still dont know why some people like the way some thieves are milking the nation.

Ishilove, Lalasticlala
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by ednut1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
yawns, is there any politician in Nigeria that is not corrupt . all this looters self deserve jungle justice angry

1 Like

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Bonapart(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
All politicians are the same..... even buhari is the father of corruption! Say i tel you so
Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by Mogidi: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
List of Sacred cows:
1.Tinubu
2.Amaechi
3.Obasanjo
4.Oshiomhole
5.Atiku
6.Fashola

Add yours.

6 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by FrankValency(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
I agree with you mr speaker,obasanjo,tinubu and amaech should be top of that list of looters. Your voice is ur choice so as mine.

3 Likes

Re: There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara by menesheh(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
Why should there be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal court upholds Gabriel Suswam's Election / 5000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kwara State / Fashola Presents Lagos State Development Plan (2012-2025) To Ambode. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.