Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) (48706 Views)

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) / Woman Brutalised By Soldiers Sues Nigerian Army, Demands N250m (photos) / Journalist Brutalised By ‘One-Chance’ Robbers In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by dre11(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2015
A final year Engineering student of Madonna University, Akpugo campus, Enugu, Stanley Okoye, has narrated how he and his friend, Lord Galim, were allegedly assaulted, locked in a vehicle boot and abducted by the institution’s Dean, Student Affairs, Rev. Fr. Isaac Jinga, and the Chief Security Officer, Ogbonna Oke.

Okoye alleged that he was beaten so badly that he suffered a spinal injury and sustained cuts on his face and all over his body while his friend had a fractured upper and lower jaws, internal and external ear injuries, torn lips, bloodied eyes and abdominal and chest pains.

After their ordeal, the two students were allegedly taken secretly to the Madonna University Teaching Hospital, Elele, Rivers State for surgeries by their torturers, who seized their phones to prevent them from communicating with their families.

For the criminal attack on the two students, Jinga and Oke were arraigned by the police at an Nkanu West Magistrate Court, Enugu on July 14, 2015 on a two-count charge of felony, causing grievous bodily harm with intent to maim, and disfigure their victims.

Okoye’s parents had also taken the matter further by instituting a N1bn suit against the university authorities at the Federal High Court, Enugu, for the criminal assault on their son and his friend.

Trouble started for Okoye and Galim on February 3, when he was roughly woken up from sleep around 12am by Jinga, who was accompanied by three hall representatives, and an armed soldier.

Okoye explained that Jinga demanded for Galim, who stayed in another room in the hostel. The men, he said, left and returned with Galim and asked Okoye to come with them.

He said, “We were taken to the hostel entrance and asked to board the Dean’s Lexus jeep and we were taken to the administrative block. Jinga then called the CSO and we were asked to lie down on the rough ground; Jinga and the CSO started beating us with planks, iron and other objects.

“We asked why they were beating us and they said the CSO was attacked outside the campus and they said they suspected us of having a hand in it. They continued beating us for a long time, we attempted to run away, but the Dean asked the soldier to shoot us and when we saw him cocking his gun, we stopped,” Okoye narrated.

The 23-year-old further explained that after being beaten for a long time, Jinga and Ogbonna allegedly bundled him and his friend in the boots of a Toyota 4Runner SUV and a Lexus SUV and took them to Akpugo Police Station, but they were rejected by policemen, who insisted that they should be taken to a hospital for treatment.

Rather than take them to a hospital, Okoye said their abductors put them back in the vehicle boots and drove them back to the campus clinic, where their faces were stitched.

“They locked us in a room and kept a guard outside the door. They seized our phones and we were there from February 4th to 5th. The reverend father threatened that he would kill us and nothing would happen. I found a sheet of paper, wrote my dad and sister’s numbers and threw it out, somebody picked it and informed my dad about my ordeal,” he recalled.

The young man stated that his dad was shocked when he was brought to see him at the school security post on February 5. Two policemen attached to the school reportedly destroyed his father’s camera when he was trying to take photographs of his son.

Okoye further narrated that when his dad left, the school management took him and Galim to the Madonna Teaching Hospital, when they noticed that he was coughing out blood due to internal injuries.

He said, “We were driven to the teaching hospital on the night of February 5 where we underwent surgeries. We spent seven weeks there, but the school management did not inform our parents and when my father heard that we were in Port Harcourt, he was mad.

“They later discharged us when my father came there with soldiers. Till now, I still have pains in my spine where I was hit with an iron rod.

Jinga did not respond to several calls to his phone as well as a text message. Ogbonna refused to comment, saying questions should be directed to the school management.

The Enugu Police Public Relations Officer, Ebere Amarizu, did not respond to several calls and the text message sent to him.

The Media Consultant to the university, Emeka Okpala, declined to comment, saying the case is in court. “I can’t comment on the case because it is in court already, but by the time I send you e-mails on the activities of those boys, you would know that they are very bad,” he said over the phone.

Meanwhile, the Madonna University Alumni Association has condemned the inhumane treatment of the two undergraduates.

The association said such violence should have no place in the university and the society at large.

The association in a statement signed by a spokesperson, Esharegharan Elvis, sympathised with the students and their families while also calling on the management of Madonna University to act swiftly to ensure a peaceful resolution of the case.

It said, “We also call on the university management to open a board of inquiry to investigate this concern and other pre-existing concerns with regards to human rights of the students of the university.

“A dedicated channel (e-mail and helpline) shall be set up to this effect and we welcome inputs from all current and past students of this great institution. The alumni will continue to project a positive image of our fellow graduates and we are committed to intensifying efforts to create a better environment for the undergraduates.

“We will continue to fight for the students’ rights as steps are being taken to re-energise and re-strengthen our Alumni desk to keep an eye on any such cases

“The high-handedness and excessive use of power by security officials in the school premises against students should be curtailed while decency should be applied in all dealings with students.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/parents-of-madonna-students-brutalised-by-dean-cso-sue-varsity-for-n1bn/

Picture 1: Galim and Okoye the brutalised students
Picture 2: Rev. Fr. Isaac Jinga

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by pyyxxaro: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2015
I remember the school cell for okija campus that year (somewhere around the guest house)

People go lodge for guest house, dem nor go know say people children de cell under the guest house

Very fuucckking skol

Skol were students de jog #Girls Thursday, boys Friday # '03

Skol were ur own fellow student go de punish u#say na hall rep abi na Vamp#

Mmmsshheeewww

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by ijustdey: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Okoye alleged that he was beaten so badly that
he suffered a spinal injury and sustained cuts on his face and all over his body while his friend had a fractured upper and lower jaws, internal and external ear injuries, torn lips, bloodied eyes and abdominal and chest pains.

no matter their crime....... student aren't supposed to be treated like this till you dehumanised their body

this is cruel and I support what the parents are trying to do

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by datafire: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2015
ll
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by kennyman2000(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm.. And he's even a reverend. Why cant he just let go of the matter, thank God he's unhurt and leave everything to God. Just like how he'll as well tell his church member if they're in such situation. So, this people dont practise what they preach... Smh

check my signature for ur customised wristband.

6 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by hatux: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2015
f

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Yes sue them angry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2015
men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.

- Blaise Pascal

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by mosho2good: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2015
im feeling cold can anyone give me a cup of coffee.
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2015
All this church schools.

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by valinda(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2015
I just don't like school ndi father... long live Biafra!

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by hulkhiharitoz(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2015
Strange
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by scribble: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Them for sue for the whole Madonna

Stupid school

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Totally inhuman behavior angry

3 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Zehner(f): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
This is the right step

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by hisgrace090: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2015
The way power intoxicated Nigeria n's are moving this days only God can deliver us. even the church is no longer left out in this power madness. It seems oga statue turns Nigeria n's to mad people.

5 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Abobaku0147(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2015
too bad....i tire for dis uni
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by cupid4ig(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
Well it's long over due. Thy school just know how to embarrass people even on matriculation day people where not allowed to see their siblings. If u have bears they will ask u to go shave it off. Some they will allow the mom and dad to enter and the kids will remain outside. I have sworn never to visit that school or anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by twentyk(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
i be baack
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by airsaylongcon: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
Madonna again! From Susu and Filo now na Jinga

9 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by homirefacuny(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
To be honest.... Some academic officials needs to be scrutinized well. Why will a silly asshole of a dean do such? I just don't understand.... This is an act of felony... They should not go unpunished.... Bunch of idiots.

8 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Ayanko(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
You mean Maddona Secondary School

19 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by bastien: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
increase board to N5bn maybe them fit bargain N3bn

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Decibel: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2015
The parents of the brutalized are even friendly to the Institution for instituting a suit below 10 billion naira. That's a very good lesson to the University.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by CaptainJune: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2015
Man's inhumanity to man
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Viktor1983(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2015
Father ede gats to cough out 1B

2 Likes

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by nochildsplay(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2015
Okay Dean don price , He must Pay.

**in 50cent's voice****
Am heading straight to the Bank with this. Ah ah ah ah!!!

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by espn(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2015
alfat..pastor..imam..reverend or bishop na title..the heart of men is evil. If I were those boys I no go gree..i must do replay or part 2 of the whole film oo..dis time it will be the other way round.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by ikechukwu354(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2015
I am really happy with the nigerian legal system, please note this, you have a right to a lawyer and an accredited one of course, if you re in any trouble of any type.

dont allow people in upper positions to play with your right, every citizen of this country is entitled to a lawyer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by Applaner: 10:28am On Aug 22, 2015
ok
Re: Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) by sigidporte(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2015
This can only happen in madonna high school

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Retired Policeman Assassinated! Pregnant Daughter-In-Law Go Into Coma (Graphic) / Photos Of People Fleeing Umudioga In Rivers After Cultists Beheaded Residents / Robbers Attack Unity Bank Otun Branch, Ekiti, Kill At Least 3 People (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.