Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari (33308 Views)

Resign Or Be Sacked From INEC – Ozekhome Warns Amina Zakari / 15 Facts About New INEC Boss, Amina Zakari-vanguard News / Amina Zakari Acting INEC Chairman (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by newsteller: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
The acting INEC Chairman, Mrs. Amina Bala Zakari speaks on her new responsibilities, the preparations for the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states and denies she is an in-law to President Muhammadu Buhari.

What are the things left undone by the former INEC chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, which you have to contend with now?

There is a lot that has been done in terms of processes to conduct credible elections. The main issue now is to make our staff and internal processes more efficient. It has been a tough five years. When we came in five years ago, it was like a new commission. We did a lot of restructuring, re-organisation and strategic planning. So many things were happeningCVR, permanent voter cards, electionand the commission is the only agency that can conduct governorship elections and by-elections. So it wasn’t an easy five years. But thank God, we were able to surpass the expectations of Nigerians.

Within those processes, however, we discovered a lot of human errors. Things that could be done easily were made more difficult because of the understanding of Nigerians, training of ad hoc staff and so many other issues. So, the concentration now is to inculcate some values. People need to understand that they have to work on a daily basis. They have to utilise their processes. In fact, we are working on a business process review, and I am chairing the committee. We have gone far in mapping out our business processes. All we need now is to keep on sensitising the staff so that we can have a changed management.

We have done all we needed to do in terms of restructuring and re-organisation. But there is change management and that is one of the handover notes. The other handover issue is increased use of technology in the electoral process. I believe the use of technology increases transparency and efficiency of any process and we also need to sensitize our staff on the need to be ICT-efficient. This is the message I gave them all.

In every election now, we must ensure that the staff is adequately trained. We must provide capacity building. We must go back and get those who are technologically ready, because if God willing I am allowed to continue, we are going to increase the use of technology. Even in our day to day activities, we realise we have a dearth of data management. After an election, you don’t know who conducted the elections. Who were the ad hoc officials? So that we can have a data bank of who has done elections before, so we could use them. With little training, you could re-use them, but every time we want to have an election now, we have to start all over again. So, if we have hands at the lower level who are technology-savvy in the use of computer, data management would not be an issue.

I can’t say the general is my in-law. I am not married to his son and my daughter is not married to him. That is what I understand about being an in-law. But obviously, in life, you have acquaintances, people you have known. But I think people should not get distracted by this ‘family or no family’. Am I competent? Can I deliver? Can I conduct my affairs with integrity? The President’s message is for people to be honest and to have integrity

READ MORE: http://www.greatloaded.net/im-not-married-to-buharis-son-says-inec-chairman-amina-zakari/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/22/im-not-married-to-buharis-son-says-inec-chairman-amina-zakari/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by HerexG(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
This election would act as a litmus test

Let's see how efficient and dedicated you will be to your new appointment

Just hope the seat won't be too hot for you, cos Naija people are one of the world most difficult people to lead cheesy
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by SeverusSnape(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lie

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Beztman: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2019
Kk
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Mutecgold92(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
Kkk
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by kolafolabi(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
Chai! 2015 post enters front page.. There's nothing God cannot do. Always trust and believe in God. Another lesson for today

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Fash20: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by zlantanfan: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
This woman was given her job on merit under an independent inec in a PDP regime.

She was screened and cleared by the NASS.

She has been carrying on her job to the best of her ability and conducted the 2015 general election (which was adjudged to be free and fair) with no mention of her been buhari cousin.

Why is she suddenly been a subject of discussion when appointed by inec based on her antecedents with the commission for another position by merit

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
CASE CLOSED!
END OF DISCUSSION

Wailers, you guys will wail till 2023 non-stop.
You ain't seen nothing yet!

Anyways, 4 + 4 will always be 8

28 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by infocabal(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
But your father married from Buhari’s Family then na.. Why don't you deny that?

Aren't you a family now?..

No smoke with without fire.. Very controversial

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by KEVIND: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Perception is key. Why always Amina Zakari.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by budosky(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Ok o
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by 1miccza: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
would she have said otherwise??

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Madam, you are clearly in a position of Bias. Anybody believing that you can proclaim results that go against the wishes of your family, is very stupid.

Nigerians should demand her immediate transfer.

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by arabbunkum: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Your credibility is in doubt. Step down.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by KINGwax007(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
SeverusSnape:
Lie
so, she's married to him but no records of it, abi?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by nicodenzzy(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Lies lies lies

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by StFrankeinstein(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Alright let's see how it goes.
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by AngelicBeing: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by SalamRushdie: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
nobody ever said she was married to Buhari son ..stop the distraction , she is Buharis sister's daughter which makes her a blood relation of the president

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by KingLennon(m): 9:34am On Jan 04, 2019
She said we should not get distracted by family or no family grin....can I conduct my affairs with Integrity? I doubt it madam....

Fear Women o....

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by netpro(m): 9:34am On Jan 04, 2019
She was appointed under PDP, so why all the wailing?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Rextizzle(m): 9:34am On Jan 04, 2019
Why is 2015 thread making front page in 2019,who does that

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by obichiddy(m): 9:34am On Jan 04, 2019
This is what anyone could have said.
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by arabbunkum: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2019
KINGwax007:
so, she's married to him but no records of it, abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by philip0906(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2019
SalamRushdie:
nobody ever said she was married to Buhari son ..stop the distraction , she is Buharis sister's daughter which makes her a blood relation of the president
Lol...as long as it doesn't fit your narrative, then it's all a lie...pathetic lots grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by SalamRushdie: 9:35am On Jan 04, 2019
This paid post is obviously an attempt to distract the truth !!! nobody ever said she is Buhari sons wife but Buharis niece , can Amina Zakari come out and deny that she is not Buharis niece? HELL NO!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Topmaike007(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2019
kolafolabi:
Chai! 2015 post enters front page.. There's nothing God cannot do. Always trust and believe in God. Another lesson for today
there is nothing God cannot do, nothing is irrelevant no matter your age in the hand of God....

nevertheless PMB till 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 04, 2019
Wouldn't y'all be surprised if Buhari isn't declared winner in the upcoming elections? What Nigerians should be more concerned about is how to reject the already doctored election results.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Nduzeal: 9:35am On Jan 04, 2019
newsteller:
The acting INEC Chairman, Mrs. Amina Bala Zakari speaks on her new responsibilities, the preparations for the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states and denies she is an in-law to President Muhammadu Buhari.

What are the things left undone by the former INEC chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, which you have to contend with now?

There is a lot that has been done in terms of processes to conduct credible elections. The main issue now is to make our staff and internal processes more efficient. It has been a tough five years. When we came in five years ago, it was like a new commission. We did a lot of restructuring, re-organisation and strategic planning. So many things were happeningCVR, permanent voter cards, electionand the commission is the only agency that can conduct governorship elections and by-elections. So it wasn’t an easy five years. But thank God, we were able to surpass the expectations of Nigerians.

Within those processes, however, we discovered a lot of human errors. Things that could be done easily were made more difficult because of the understanding of Nigerians, training of ad hoc staff and so many other issues. So, the concentration now is to inculcate some values. People need to understand that they have to work on a daily basis. They have to utilise their processes. In fact, we are working on a business process review, and I am chairing the committee. We have gone far in mapping out our business processes. All we need now is to keep on sensitising the staff so that we can have a changed management.

We have done all we needed to do in terms of restructuring and re-organisation. But there is change management and that is one of the handover notes. The other handover issue is increased use of technology in the electoral process. I believe the use of technology increases transparency and efficiency of any process and we also need to sensitize our staff on the need to be ICT-efficient. This is the message I gave them all.

In every election now, we must ensure that the staff is adequately trained. We must provide capacity building. We must go back and get those who are technologically ready, because if God willing I am allowed to continue, we are going to increase the use of technology. Even in our day to day activities, we realise we have a dearth of data management. After an election, you don’t know who conducted the elections. Who were the ad hoc officials? So that we can have a data bank of who has done elections before, so we could use them. With little training, you could re-use them, but every time we want to have an election now, we have to start all over again. So, if we have hands at the lower level who are technology-savvy in the use of computer, data management would not be an issue.

I can’t say the general is my in-law. I am not married to his son and my daughter is not married to him. That is what I understand about being an in-law. But obviously, in life, you have acquaintances, people you have known. But I think people should not get distracted by this ‘family or no family’. Am I competent? Can I deliver? Can I conduct my affairs with integrity? The President’s message is for people to be honest and to have integrity

READ MORE: http://www.greatloaded.net/im-not-married-to-buharis-son-says-inec-chairman-amina-zakari/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/22/im-not-married-to-buharis-son-says-inec-chairman-amina-zakari/
you are not married to buharis sin but you are his niec
Re: I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari by Mccullum: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2019
Some miscreants claiming foolishly that she's appointed by Buhari without knowing that it was Jonathan appointed her before Buhari came to power.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ENDSARS: Protesters Besiege ECOWAS Commission's Gate, Abuja / Photos Of Fayose, Dogara And Others In Jerusalem / Hotel Demolition: Uwazurike Should Apologise To Wike - PDP Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.