Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera (736 Views)

Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) / The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Emmysteve(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
“I believe if Nigeria does not kill corruption;
corruption will kill Nigeria. I pledge to publicly
declare my assets and liabilities and
encourage my political appointees to also
publicly declare their assets and liabilities.” –
President Buhari (during his campaign)

Now, the presidency through the presidential
spokesman has said the promise of asset
declaration wasn’t made by Buhari but his
political party. Jeez! These people just think
say we be mumu sha… dem think say
everybody for naija dey suffer from dyslexia.
Shebi na dem preach say Buhari na modest
man with just two houses and 150 cattle?

They also said Buhari and Osinbajo have
declared their assets, and it is deposited with
the code of conduct bureau and the only thing
needed is just verification by the bureau? How
many months does the Code of Conduct
Bureau need to verify an asset of two houses
and 150 cattle? Nawa ooo!!! Naija una don
see una sef? Is this the “change?”

President Buhari’s achievements as a former
military Head of State may be many. But he
has utterly failed to keep a simple promise
core to the rationale for his election into
office. And as the campaign promises recede
into memory, it is equally clear that this
administration may never provide the needed
reforms that will address the most worrisome
flaws in our democratic system. I have met a
lot of Buhari supporters who are finally
coming to the realisation that they may have
made a very bad decision in the last
Presidential election. So many of them no
longer seem to know why they believed that a
retired military general would perform any
better than the career politicians they
mistrust.

President Buhari’s bygone promises to run
“the most transparent administration in the
history of this country” have become a subject
of mockery, given how he has failed in a
simple task of appointing ministers.
When critics like me attacked his go-slow
government, the administration defended itself
by claiming the president was only taking his
time.

But the problem with this administration is
not only about being too slow but it has also
left untouched the corrupt individuals, which
means that we would continue to live under a
government with significant transparency
problems, a culture of lobbying that is often
tantamount to sanctioned corruption, and an
executive branch of government that preaches
a change that no one gets to see.

Is it unrealistic to expect ambitious systemic
reforms in Nigeria? Yet it remains the case
that many people voted for Buhari precisely
because he promised to attempt them.

I believe president Buhari can solve a lot of
things … but won’t. Whatever he once was or
wasn’t, we should accept that Buhari is now a
creature of the political establishment. He is
captive to its loyalties and prejudices, and
committed to safeguarding its interests. I am
not arguing that he hasn’t or won’t
accomplish anything, but there are whole
categories of problems that he won’t try to fix.

“Change” is a mirage sold to us by Buhari and
his political party to get our votes. And that’s
a shame. Nigerians are unlikely to support a
politician making similar promises in the
future because Buhari has made them
impossible to believe.

Those sending messages to me at mail@etceteralive.com asking me to write on how Buhari’s administration has improved electricity supply in the country should ask themselves how long president Buhari has been in office to put in place the machinery for
such a turnaround. Abi rain nor dey fall for
una area? Let us wait till the dams are dried
up before singing halleluyah.

www.today.ng/blog/08229067-nigerians-have-been-fooled-yet-again/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
We've always known the "change" is a mirage. An illusion. Buhari will do nothing because he can't!

Too many moral burden on him that's made him totally incapacitated. Beginning from his sponsors to his party members to his navigator. Corruption is all around him.

And as long as we still practice same messed up judiciary system then there's nothing he can do. The fools actually thought Buhari will decree and it will come into existence undecided. The man has no supreme military council to speed up decisions for him like in 1980s. Moreover he's an illiterate and a core one at that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by BraniacX(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
The guy above me take your time oh!! angry

No don't give up yet cheesy

Change is still coming cheesycheesy

Change is actually a metamorphosis (transformation shocked) cheesy

Metamorphosis from campaign rhetoric ala I weel pyt kwarruffsion!!! to i governance rhetoric of ''I can't waste my time going far back (for fear of implicating himself and his cronies eventually)'' and ''the president never actually said..................................., it was XYZ who made the ''....................................................'' comment and as such the president can't be held hostage by it'' gringringrin

Please feel free to fill in the blank spaces grin am sure you all have something to add wink

And oh! oh! shocked before i forget, you have to salt this mixture with copious helpings of numerical diarrhoea on newspaper pages and media houses websites shamelessly spread by a crack network of paid professional e-touts/bloggers gringrin

Now isn't that some potent shyte!!! cheesy

Sai chanjiii cool
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Na TODAY?? I've accepted the fact that i've been duped & since then, E NO DEY BOARDER AGAIN..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Rexnegro(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
calebo101:
We've always known the "change" is a mirage. An illusion. Buhari will do nothing because he can't!

Too many moral burdens on him that he's totally incapacitated. Beginning from his sponsors to his party members to his navigator. Corruption is all around him.

And as long as we still practice same messed up judiciary system then there's nothing he can do. The fools actually thought Buhari will decree and it will come into existence undecided. The man has no supreme military council to speed up decisions for him like in 1980s. Moreover he's an illiterate and a core one at that.
Smh
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by donchrisk(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
let it take as many month as its like. I dont care as far as am seein changes in governance.
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Emmysteve(m): 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nigerian are too gullible. I can stand tall and say proudly that i never voted for one chance.
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by Emmysteve(m): 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Meet the only Rev Father Referee in the Nigeria Professional Football League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddh4DqjBqt0
Re: Nigerians Have Been Fooled Yet Again! - Etcetera by brixton: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
lalastical

(1) (Reply)

India High Commissioner Exposes Diezani's $14b Shady Oil Deal With His Country / Please Where Is The Approprate Place To Report Disturbing Neighbours In Lagos / Fashola Spent N650m On Car Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.