Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? (27096 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by uscofield: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
paschenko:

my brother, it will affect you when u start looking for government work. they need it to verify ur age claim and oda things. I used to think it wasn't necessary myself, had to go back to Cameroun where I did my FSLC to collect the certificate bfr I cld get d job.

As I am not interested in govt work, what's the use? I have a b.eng, working, and interested in running my own firm, what's the use?
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by uracocksucker: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Abugab:

I see you just want to write.
The issue here is about inclusion of FSLC in a CV and not the number of pages.
Including that does not take more than two lines and how could that affect your two page CV theory?

I am sure you have a great job and you got it by including ur primary school results in your C.V. i clearly and unequivocally said ADULT LIFE ...make of it what you will shior!!!
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Agalasis(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
YES and NO.

It's majorly 4 age verification,esp wen u used court declaration of age.

I once told a relation of mine abt this. He was born 1980 but did court declaration that he was born in 1985 just because he wanted to go 4 NYSC.
Wen he was applying 4 several FG jobs dat needed his FSLC,I told him it wld affect him because he wld be caught.
The FSLC shows he finished in 1992 and his age declaration shows he was born in 1985 wc indicates that he finished his pry sch education at age 7.
Does it mean he started his pry sch edu at age one?
DISHONESTY!!!

At the end,he neva got any of the jobs.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by paschenko(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
uscofield:

As I am not interested in govt work, what's the use? I have a b.eng, working, and interested in running my own firm, what's the use?

U won't need it then. It is good to be independent in ur career like u R planning to do. Happy new month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics / Npc Ad-hoc Staff Recruitment 2023 Application Trend / Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.