Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum (898 Views)

Farm Work Available / Agric Students At Nnamdi Azikiwe University Kill A Big Python During Farm Work / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by midastouch: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Chen Xingyin is from Tongxin village, Fengdu county, Chongqing municipality. He lost his arms in an electrical accident when he was only 7 years old.

Despite this obstacle, Chen has managed to do his best to fend for himself. He can do most work on his own, including farming, cooking and feeding his family's goats.

Chen is the youngest son from a six-member family. Since 2014, he has taken care of his bed-ridden 88-year-old mother, who began suffering from bronchitis five years ago. He cooks her three meals a day and helps feed her.

Chen also raises more than 20 goats. Every afternoon at 3 p.m., he herds the animals to graze.

Chen's inspiring self-reliance and his filial devotion to his mother has made him a local celebrity with numerous parents in the village setting him as a lofty role model for their own children.
"Even though he doesn't have any arms, he still works faster than most people," said one fellow villager.

Over the years, Chen has learned to use his feet to wash, cut and cook food. Now, nearly no task seems too difficult for him to perform.

Chen's incredible story has naturally won many a netizen's heart. Web user commented, "In some ways, his feet look more useful than my hands. What I respect about him the most is how hard he works to make his own life better instead of relying on help from others." "I felt like crying when I saw the picture of him feeding his mom," wrote

"People like him deserve more attention and should serve as our example. I wish him happiness," another netizen echoed.

Culled from:http://shanghaiist.com/2015/08/22/farmer_who_lost_arms_helps_his_mom.php

1 Share

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by midastouch: 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2015

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by ifeoluwasegun(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Bless him!
Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by miriamgroove: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
wow..WHERE THERE IS LIFE.. THERE IS HOPE.
Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by midastouch: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
More Pics

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by midastouch: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2015

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by kossyablaze(m): 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by Austin234(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
God doesnt abandone his creature. I wish him happines and quick recovery for d mum

2 Likes

Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by BusinessHub1: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
sad
Re: Farmer Who Lost His Arms As A Child Still Does Farm Work, Cooks And Cares 4 Mum by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 23, 2015
I knew somebody would mention God in this thread. If God was so merciful then why allow him lose fully functional arms or why bring him to the world like that? -- whatever his case is. Why punish parents already living in poverty with an armless child thereby ensuring they remain in poverty all their lives?

Humans truimph in adversity and this's a very clear example of that, I don't see any reason giving credit to something non-existent. Everything that man has done in his life was with his two legs, torso and head.

(1) (Reply)

Mixing Feed. / Fish Tank 5,000 Litres For Sale / How To Begin A New Organic Fertilizer Production Line?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.