Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? (8688 Views)

Poll: Who will You choose?

Governor Bukola Saraki: 11% (16 votes)
Governor Raji Fashola: 88% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations / President GEJ Vs Governor Amaechi: Who Rocked The Headphone Better? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ehie007(m): 7:10pm On May 06, 2009
are u guys aware that the next presidency is going to the south south zone, its a zonal thingy for PDP, after that it goes to the eastern region b4 it comes back to saraki or fashola, shocked shocked kiss
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by baslone: 11:16pm On May 06, 2009
springtime:
where you have even non lagosians in his cabinet.Also when u compare the complexity of lagos state, you will know that a man who has effectively able to administer lagos state will be the most qualified to lead Nigeria.

I mentioned that this is the only beef they have against his person.

rman:

If you have lived in Ilorin before the 80's through 90's, you will completely agree with me that the state capital had withnessed more infastrutural development, more than any other regime in recent times. Through Fashola, Lagos has been turned into one big construction site.

Lagos is smaller with more people and huge IGR(Internally generated revenue), Kwara has fewer people with way smaller IGR. But based on what these two has acheived it is a shame that anyone will bad mouth either, because compared to anyother governor in the fedration they are the best.

The system that produced Bukola may not be perfect, but he has shown he is more in tune in what needs to be done.

You'll only realise this when you have stayed that long in Kwara. I mean what more can you
expect from a man already written off because of the sins of a father.

farochron:

Are you sure Bukola's people (PDP) will not make his tenure a hell like what they have just done to Ekiti state. It is better you have An AC Fashola and any other Governor from same AC or other party. PDP still retain that acronym Peoples Destructive Party.

Forget, this idiots will never give AC a chance unless there is a revolution.

follypimpi:

Well is Bukola Saraki still giving out Free Eba and stew to those old ladies on Friday ? I schooled in Uni-Ilorin,05 and witnessed this. grin grin grin grin grin

Well, you probably didn't stay long enough to realize Bukola is different from Bukky. Answer to
your question- I guess Olushola will keep doing that till death. It's the way of the old school God-fathers. Ask Adedibu.

farochron:

You can only compare Oyinlola and Fashola, there and then I will tell u Bukky is better

Oyinlola ke!!! shocked

Most projects in that place are only Federal projects just like Oyo state(though Oyinlola will get the job done).
But meanwhile watch out, that man is going to be the back bone of PDP some few years away from now.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Lenny5000(m): 2:46am On May 07, 2009
Definitely Fashola
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Tonynwosa: 9:28am On May 07, 2009
@ DISGUY I've followed the comments and it's a pity your's displayed a great deal of ignorance and shallowness, it's because of your types that Nigeria is static today.how can a person who lived to witness the performance of the last governance of states in the federation ask what Donald Duke achieved with cross river?
It is very important that in forums like this, people have clear understanding of what they want to contribute.
The principal reason why Nigeria is where it is today is cos of corruption.this man ruled and was never invited by the EFCC or had a single petition against him,the only governor in the 36states without a petition.
Look at cross river today and compare it with what it used to be.
He grew tourism and that's another source of income for the state.Everybody wants an experience of Xmas in Calabar. do you understand the amount of money that flows into the state and the pocket of his people at this time?
do you know how much ogbudu generates?one can't help but admire the Tinapa dream. mind you Tinapa is on right now just that it's in phases and the present governor is not giving it as much publicity.
Donald duke did not wait to receive allocation,he thought of generating more funds for the state.look at the roads, the neatness of the place,paid salaries when due everybody was and is happy with him, this is the kind of man we should seek for and we're debating that SARAKI a broad day light thief should be president.I just can't help but weep for us all,
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by tlpel(f): 11:30am On May 07, 2009
Fashola of cos. the guy is doing a wonderful job in lagos n will do even a beta job in Aso Rock.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ohhippie(m): 1:42pm On May 07, 2009
how can u compare fashola and saraki?we know how they became governors in the first place.secondly,with what can anybody identify saraki?thirdly,saraki is not matured,nna a,na fashola go win.saraki plays baby politics.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by DisGuy: 10:29pm On May 07, 2009
Tonynwosa:

@ DISGUY I've followed the comments and it's a pity your's displayed a great deal of ignorance and shallowness, it's because of your types that Nigeria is static today.how can a person who lived to witness the performance of the last governance of states in the federation ask what Donald Duke achieved with cross river?
It is very important that in forums like this, people have clear understanding of what they want to contribute.
The principal reason why Nigeria is where it is today is cos of corruption.this man ruled and was never invited by the EFCC or had a single petition against him,the only governor in the 36states without a petition.
Look at cross river today and compare it with what it used to be.
He grew tourism and that's another source of income for the state.Everybody wants an experience of Xmas in Calabar. do you understand the amount of money that flows into the state and the pocket of his people at this time?
do you know how much ogbudu generates?one can't help but admire the Tinapa dream. mind you Tinapa is on right now just that it's in phases and the present governor is not giving it as much publicity.
Donald duke did not wait to receive allocation,he thought of generating more funds for the state.look at the roads, the neatness of the place,paid salaries when due everybody was and is happy with him, this is the kind of man we should seek for and we're debating that SARAKI a broad day light thief should be president.I just can't help but weep for us all,

oh please his new appointee said it himself the state is in debt! people in the education sector of the state complained of having to sacrifice for Obudu and tinapa, that majority of the state resident cant afford. You are not in anyway trying to tell me the state is not paying for all the things put in place; how much is obudu and Tinapa generating? please come and give us the figures, there's a difference between having potential and actually bring in the revenue, building Disneyland in the midst of poverty is not my idea of development! how many companies are relocating to the state? what's the employment figures in the state when he was in power?
You probably lived in the state give us real data and evidence

In the nigerian context yes he did well but in the real sense nah I'll pass wink

ps i am not endorsing saraki for the presidency
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 9:24am On May 08, 2009
ohhippie:

how can u compare fashola and saraki?we know how they became governors in the first place.secondly,with what can anybody identify saraki?thirdly,saraki is not matured,nna a,na fashola go win.saraki plays baby politics.
Bukola and baby politics in the same sentence?
Did you know that:
-After Obasanjo himself, Bukola was the second strongest supporter(installer) of Yar'adua presidency?
-He led the delegation to Katsina to convince Yar'Adua?
-He rallied other governors(Ibori,Odili, Attah etc) to leave the scene for Yar'adua?
-He is the most powerful Governor today?
-He is the most influential PDP politician/power broker today?
-Did you follow the last PDP convention? He decided who got what. Told this to step down for that. Kwara govt house in Abuja turned into 'decision' house.
-. . .and he's perhaps the most refined PDP politician in Nigeria today.

These may not be good politics, but definitely not baby politics. You may other word.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by nylawal(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2009
Saraki would have come a little close to Fashola if he runs governance by leaving out sentiments and party affiliations. I am from Kwara State lived there for up to 15yrs on and off, now I relocated to Abuja but my folks r still there. Ilorin the capital does not make the whole of Kwara State. If you visit some Local Govts. in Kwara you'll wonder if there is government in that state at all.

Politics should be for the good of all not for the good of a few. Very few people know that Saraki first mission when he got in office was to tour media houses so that they always carry only the good news in his state. he did that and the media houses always do their bid after which they collect brown envelopes for PR.

Fashola on the other hand is very objective and takes the time to create a vision for a new Lagos and from what the world can see He is indeed serious. Even Al-jazeera a cable network did a documentary of him.

I also watch a program called Mega Vision on NTA. On One of the episodes Fashola was in The US to the a case study of How a mega city works, He was also in Egypt. As an Architect I appreciate this a lot.Mind you serious Case studies not just Site seeing or hype.

Comparing the two I'll say uhhhmmm! No basis
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by baslone: 11:37am On May 08, 2009
Jarus:

Did you know that:
-After Obasanjo himself, Bukola was the second strongest supporter(installer) of Yar'adua presidency?
-He rallied other governors(Ibori,Odili, Attah etc) to leave the scene for Yar'adua?
-Did you follow the last PDP convention? He decided who got what. Told this to step down for that. Kwara govt house in Abuja turned into 'decision' house.

These may not be good politics, but definitely not baby politics. You may other word.

More reason why Ex-governor Ibori a had to run to him FOR SHELTER when he was avoiding the fire of the then EFCC!!!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by dlox01(m): 1:56pm On May 08, 2009
Jarus:

Did you know that:

yep, the strongest governor that cannot deliver in his own state!!!!
the lastime i checked, ilorin wasnt the only place in kwara state,
homeboy is nothing but a local champion, can only control those people coz they are dirty and they are 'yes sir ' people
the only reason they used kwara govt house 4 a decie't'ion ground was because there was enuff space 4 owambe , LMAO!!!
, just kiddin, but seriously,therez no compairing these 2.
buk'she' ooops bukky has the backing of his party at federal level or rather has had 4 donkey yrs and take alook at his achievment, its laughable LMAO grin!!to make it worse u said he say what goes what and who goes where n all that bull crap and he dosnt even no where how to go about building his state?shit, hez abit dull upstairs and so are his leutenants dat are playing politics without getting the job done.
abeg FASHOLA ko si oro!!!!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by eleshin(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2009
saraki wont hesitate to shout fashola if ask this same question.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by dlox01(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2009
eleshin:

saraki wont hesitate to shout fashola if ask this same question.

tHIS IS CRAZY, LMAO, LOL, !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U GOT DAT RIGHT grin grin grin
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by DKNYtruth(m): 8:24pm On May 08, 2009
CAN SOMEON PLEASE TELL BUKOLA (OMO DADDY) THAT KWARA STATE PAYS HIS BILL AND THOSE OF HIS HOUSEHOLD PLEASE!!! AND PROBABLY WAKE UP FROM LOCAL CHAMPION/AGBOOLE POLITICS!

[b]The Chief Judge of Kwara State, Justice Raliat Elelu-Habeeb, has dragged the Kwara State Government to the Federal High Court in Ilorin, challenging the power of the state's House of Assembly and the state government to initiate disciplinary action against her.

In a suit filed by her lawyer, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), the Kwara CJ said that only the National Judicial Council had the power to initiate disciplinary proceedings against her in respect of her duty as the CJ of the state.

The CJ had joined the NJC, the Attorney-General of the Federation, the state Assembly and the state AG as co-respondents to the suit.

She, therefore, asked for an order of injunction restraining the state House of Assembly and the Attorney-General of the state from relying on a letter inviting her to come and show why disciplinary action should not be taken against her by the state Assembly.

She also asked the court to restrain the state government from interfering with her job as the CJ of the state.

In an affidavit she deposed to, Elelu-Habeeb said that all the allegations contained in a letter written by Governor Bukola Saraki to the state Assembly related to the exercise of her duties and powers as a judicial officer.

She added that neither the House nor the governor had the power to inquire into such allegations.

The CJ further claimed that neither the governor nor the Assembly copied her with the letter which she alleged, was widely published in newspapers.

She said, "I know as a fact that unless the state Assembly and the Attorney-General of the state (3rd and 4th defendants) are restrained by an injunctive order, the leadership of the judiciary of Kwara State, being the third arm of government, will be adversely affected."

She argued that neither damages nor monetary compensation could adequately pay for physiological trauma, inconveniences that any adverse action or decision that the defendants might take as related the letter initiating disciplinary action against her.

Other reliefs being sought by the CJ include and a declaration that by the combined interpretation of sections 4,153,292 and paragraphs 20,21 of the third schedule to the 1999 Constitution, it was only the NJC that had the exclusive power and authority to inquire into any complaint against her.

The CJ also prayed the court to grant the following prayers.

A declaration that the letter of the state Assembly is in breach and violation of the 1999 Constitution in so far as it relates to the exercise of her functions as the CJ of the State.

An order setting aside the decision of the state Assembly and the state Attorney-General and any other steps taken thereon in so far as it relates to her office as the state's Chief Judge.
No date has been fixed for the case."
[/b]
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by adino(m): 2:30am On May 10, 2009
Bukola Saraki has achieved so much, of course Prof. Iwuruwuru will declare Bukky winner with over 80 million votes (more than registered voters in Nigeria). Bukky will even defeat Barack Obama in any election in Nigeria(absurd). The only match for Bukola Saraki presidential ambition is Lucky Igbinedion or maybe James Ibori his fellow co-travellers.

BUKOLA'S MANY ACHIEVEMENT
1. Running down a commercial bank.
2. Buying expensive choice properties in Foreign country with depositors funds.
3. Crashing his own Zimbabwe's Farmers program.
4. Buying expensive choice properties in Foreign country with state funds.
5. Rigging himself to power twice.
6. Spending state funds the PDP way. Just to mention but a few.

God save Nigeria. CRY THY BELOVED COUNTRY.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ayomide06(m): 8:15am On May 10, 2009
BUKKY remain one of the best governor this country has ever produced and the best among PDP governors, i am from ilorin and i know what this town used to look like before he came to power he has completely transform this state to what any kwaran will be proud of, i always feel the urge of relocating back whenever i visits home. however comparing him with fashala is a different thing entirely fashala has done well in less than 4 years bukola is doing great in less than 8years, but take a look at this lagos state is far richer than kwara state so fashola has an upper hand when we want to compared achievements. but all the same both men are good and i will probably give it to saraki he is a blessing to kwarans.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by moneygurl: 7:10pm On May 10, 2009
ayomide06:

BUKKY remain one of the best governor this country has ever produced and the best among PDP governors, i am from ilorin and i know what this town used to look like before he came to power he has completely transform this state to what any kwaran will be proud of, i always feel the urge of relocating back whenever i visits home. however comparing him with fashala is a different thing entirely fashala has done well in less than 4 years bukola is doing great in less than 8years, but take a look at this lagos state is far richer than kwara state so fashola has an upper hand when we want to compared achievements. but all the same both men are good and i will probably give it to saraki he is a blessing to kwarans.

I hear a lot of people saying this but i disagree with this statement.

When you caculate the amount Lagos states makes divided by the state's population you will notice that most states such as kwara actually make more per person or per head compared to Lagos state.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by abdul45: 2:04pm On May 11, 2009
angry FASHOLA of course,
I'am a kwaran but residing in Katsina. If any Gov. will succeed Yar'adua in 2011, May be Fashola. Saraki should forget about it. We all know how his father forced him over us. He should just replace his sister in the senate and let her become the first female Gov. in Nigeria. I know posterity will definitely judge.
His father may belong to the top notch in PDP. Yar'adua I know will surely clip his wings. No doubt about it Kwara as a state is Saraki privately owned business empire with vast array of short sighted people around him, he can milked us to death. History will judge, let forget all those farce award by newspapers. Has anybody seen Yar'adua been praised in dailies before he was 'Choosen'. Let wait and see, If anybody think that Nigerian Politics is about any ochestrated publicity, he better book appointment with an ophtalmologist of Political history.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ademocrat(m): 3:28pm On May 11, 2009
To be honest I can not really say because I have not been to kwara, but I satay in Lagos and from what am seeing, I think Fashola deserves it keeping in mind that lagos is times 100 of kwara when it comes to problems, and it is controlled by an opposition party, and during the Ekiti election AC used Fashola to campaign, why did PDP not use Bukola, Secondly there is a group now on facebook "Fashola for President", and its members are NIgerians all over the world, so I think Fashola has more EFFECT
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ademocrat(m): 3:39pm On May 11, 2009
To be honest I can not really say because I have not been to kwara, but I satay in Lagos and from what am seeing, I think Fashola deserves it keeping in mind that lagos is times 100 of kwara when it comes to problems, and it is controlled by an opposition party, and during the Ekiti election AC used Fashola to campaign, why did PDP not use Bukola, Secondly there is a group now on facebook "Fashola for President", and its members are Nigerians all over the world, so I think Fashola has more EFFECT. The Bukola fans should just go take a look at OSHODI
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by baslone: 12:06am On May 12, 2009
moneygurl:

I hear a lot of people saying this but i disagree with this statement.

When you caculate the amount Lagos states makes divided by the state's population you will notice that most states such as kwara actually make more per person or per head compared to Lagos state.

Well I disagree with your point as well, I can tell you that what Tinubu achieved in
Lagos state, no state in Nigeria including Abuja can still stand firm on her feet for those
number of years without federal allocation. The one month internally generated revenue in Lag(even
when paying taxes was not this tight) cannot be generated in some states in 3years.

adino:

1. Running down a commercial bank.

The governor never had any thing to do with the bank, it was a political issue between his father and
your ex-president Atiku. Have you ever wondered how Societe General Bank won their suit against the
federal government? Have you even wondered how a man- a retiree who never even had a good car and
a house of his own became the no 2 man overnight in that state?

Forget it- Politics is deeper than what you read in the papers!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Ajomale: 4:34pm On May 12, 2009
For me saraki will surely win reasons are obvious i was in kwara state last month and
1) power supply in was fantastic
2) Agriculture: i was told that special crobs, seed where given to all interested. And they av being enjoying tremedious support from their govt.
3) the people of the state can easily visit their reps, chairmen or council without police intimidation
4) Roads: go there and see, little traffic jams, and masive road construction and beautification projects list go on
5) with little allocation, no tax imposement (the car radio tax, home radio tax, etc ) alot has being done.
Guys visit the state before you start judging this. I am almost sure that more than 50% of those that voted has not being to the state.
Moreover Fashola as not only try but has indeed performed well in office, but Island, ikeja and those industrail places  is not lagos, Lagos is where Lagosians lives. And at this places he has simply done nothing here. He was @ Ipaja last month  for the burial of late Mrs. KUMUYI the people can feel that he was ashame of the area. He came the following week and promise to dualize their road. Baruwa still drink petro water despite their promise. He has not performed like El Rufai of Abuja. Whats the noise about is it Brt or road this is our constitutional right.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by lee007(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2009
I might well have ignored this post but haveing grown up in kwara and spent nearly 25 years in the state, i think this will make an intresting topic.
Comparing Fashola with Bukky(omo daddy) is like comparing the sun with a bulb, while the buld appears to provide illumination and its nearer, it is attificial and cannot stand the test of time. However the sun is natural and is a great source of positive energy.
most people do not know that what we hear of Bukky is mere propaganda, i have been to many parts of the state and there is little or no dvelopement in the rural areas of the state the hoyuses the majority of the population especiall the Igbomina areas of kwara. the only presence of govrnment in these areas are the luxury cars government buy for Royal father who can hardly drive them to thier home because of the state of thier roads.

Come 2011, If Fashola decides to run for any position be it senatorial or presidential it will make sence for anyone who has lived in Lagos in the past few years to vote for him, i have never been happy about my choice at the polls as i am presently. Ifeel part of the success.

Let the Saraki Dynasty explain how the ran Societie Grnerale aground including the account of my faculty association while i was in school.

Lets kick these Oligachies whenever we have the opportunity

I have spoken!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ayomide06(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2009
abdul45:

angry FASHOLA of course,
I'am a kwaran but residing in Katsina. If any Gov. will succeed Yar'adua in 2011, May be Fashola. Saraki should forget about it. We all know how his father forced him over us. He should just replace his sister in the senate and let her become the first female Gov. in Nigeria. I know posterity will definitely judge.
His father may belong to the top notch in PDP. Yar'adua I know will surely clip his wings. No doubt about it Kwara as a state is Saraki privately owned business empire with vast array of short sighted people around him, he can milked us to death. History will judge, let forget all those farce award by newspapers. Has anybody seen Yar'adua been praised in dailies before he was 'Choosen'. Let wait and see, If anybody think that Nigerian Politics is about any ochestrated publicity, he better book appointment with an ophtalmologist of Political history.

unfortunately, mr abdul  u av stay too long in katsina and you have lost track what is happening in your state (if you are actually from the state) am very far from home but its obvious am closer than you do because i get first hand news about home almost everyday. i am not a politician  i never like saraki from dayone and i don't depend on him for anything. (and i will never do inshalah) but my view about bukky changed when i visited home last year, THIS GUY HAS REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE. you might hate this guy because of his father, but like it or not he is still the best governor that state ever had. and talking about history judgments you don't need to wait for history to judge, you can actually judge now, all you need to do is to put hatred aside, take a vacation home and be sincere to yourself is this the kwara you use to know in the last 8years?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by serubawon(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2009
I may not be an expert, but we all know that Bukola became governor by virtue of the power of his father's dynasty. Also, compared to Lagos, how dynamic can Kwara State be. I would also like to point out that Fashola is making achievements and headway with the evil spectre of Tinubu in the background, trying to thwart him all the way. He actually had to get a World Bank loan to execute his Lagos Megacity projects. In case you've forgotten, taxes are actually being PAID now by Lagosians. When was the last time that ever happened. Fashola is doing a great job and even though he can't be perfect, he is still trying his best to limit the level of corruption in the state (we all know how impossible that is).

I honestly do not respect Bukola (and that's a personal opinion). Fashola might not be a saint, but for God's sake, the guy is doing a good job. Fashola for president, duke for VP. wink
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by emmy4naira(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2009
ladies and gentlemen in the room, are we through with the present mistake we made in 2007 yet? guys let us stop and think, the question remains: where are we heading to?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by toba1909(m): 8:04pm On May 13, 2009
emmy4naira:

ladies and gentlemen in the room, are we through with the present mistake we made in 2007 yet? guys let us stop and think, the question remains: where are we heading to?

Gbam!!!
You're right ma bro.
Which way forward Nigerians?
Are we gonna sit back and look, while our leaders are being selected by some calibers of people?
We need to rise up to this challenge in our various zones come 2011.
Nigeria will be great if we resist selection.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Dotbex(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2009
I've calculated it & with the current zoning arrangement, no south westerner will can have a go at the top gong 4 d nxt 32 YEARS! I'm a livin witness 2 wat fash has done in miGHTY miGHTY lagos, and as much as i'd like d idea of him bein prez, i'd go 4 saraki, evn tho i havnt bin 2 kwara. He's got a betta chance, if 'umoru' doesnt go 4 a 2nd term
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Dotbex(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2009
are u guys aware that the next presidency is going to the south south zone, its a zonal thingy for PDP, after that it goes to the eastern region b4 it comes back to saraki or fashola,

no, after south south (8 yrs), it goes 2 da north (8yrs), den d east (8yrs), den d north agn (another cool. TOTAL 32, b4 fash can get it. Saraki may b lucky, i dnt rily know about d northern zones, but it could fall on him durin these rotations
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by emmy4naira(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2009
Dotbex:

are u guys aware that the next presidency is going to the south south zone, its a zonal thingy for PDP, after that it goes to the eastern region b4 it comes back to saraki or fashola,

no, after south south (8 yrs), it goes 2 da north (8yrs), den d east (8yrs), den d north agn (another cool. TOTAL 32, b4 fash can get it. Saraki may b lucky, i dnt rily know about d northern zones, but it could fall on him durin these rotations

why are u nigerians so derailed, so it is now PDP that will have to choose who vote in as the president? u now see why we never move forward? guess we are in trouble if we have people like this with this stupid mentality.

nigerians, let us rise and resist any form of PDP choosing who we vote else our problem persists.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 4:58pm On May 18, 2009
lol
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by idelinks: 11:38am On May 19, 2009
i have been monitoring this post for some times now, initially i dont want to post in it, but i think i have to.

when i see peoples comment,deffinately not true,because most of this people post with sentimenst.

they post based on interest thewy have for a perticular person and hatred they have for the other.

talking about fashola, he has done some good, and also to bukky

but when we have to go by the defination of governing, then i do not see fashola coming close to bukola saraki,

Fashola
fashola has turned lagos into beeing a mega city according to the some people, but note

the defination of governing is providing for the people. then if any governor divert from thgis, he has not achieve anything as far as governing is concern,

the only reasonable achievement i can see from fashola is handing the road, which is good.

but besides this, he has made thousand of people jobless, are these people not part of those he his governing?

he sent people packing from there business areas without providing alternative, is that governing.

people whose yearly profit is less than 50,000, fashola expect them to acquire a shop of 400k after sending them packing from there businesses.

Fashola has done well in the area of rail station which is currently under cunstruction.

Bukola saraki

This guy became the governor through his fathers influence, and he has really showed the difference,

i am from ilorin, i lived there all my life not until 2002 when i travelled to lagos.

i am one of the hatersof saraki ever since, i hate his style of politics and everything abt him, and this has made me dislike his son aswell.

but to be honest, i came to realise u cant judge the son with his fathers act,

abt the bANK. this governor knew nothing abt it, if u have any question to ask, go ask the father.

when i visited kwara state 2006, i changed my view abt him.

he has really done so well i am must confess

way back, we use to wake as early as4 am to search for water b4 going to school and this continue till when i left ilorin 2002. but when i came back 2006, everything has changed u have water everywhere.

he has done much abt electricity and i am show that in Nigeria today, no state has more stable electricity than kwara state.

he has emback on road contructions, brigdes and others.

go check out a clean enviroment,

he sent people packing from oja ago in ilorin, but also provide them with another site where they will reside not paying more than thay pay in their previous location, tht is to show honesty.

he sent corner shops packing from general hopital enviroments,and after building shops, he gave shops to the same people who reside there before giving them one year upfront, so anyone who could not pay after one year will vacate the enviroment, which is cool, not like fashola

check out the aviation school he brought
check out th science village
check out the travel complex

before his tenure, the only company in ilorin is Global soap and detergent, but now more companys

what elso do u expect from a reasonable governor,

how do kwara state generate income yet he can achieve all these.

i bet if fashola spend eight year in lagos, still he cant match the achievement of bukky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

<<<<<<official Thread Of Kano State Govt Dev. Projects>>>>>> / Four Reasons Why Jonathan Surrendered Easily / Okorocha Resumes, Donates N200,000 To Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.