Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce (4270 Views)

Nigeria Airforce Launched Aerial Patrol Over Sambisa Forest (video) / AirForce Officers Pose With Their Fighter Jets / Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 23, 2015
following the recent visit my Air chief to formations to evaluate state of NAF military capabilities in readiness for possible new platforms, it is critical we get things right.
Nigeria shouldn't go for western hardware Given our
history of arms embargoes,the capacity to delete
components from hostile nations is all-important and we badly need to move away from TRAINER JET mentality( A-Jet) our reconfigured F7 can barely manage a one-way LAG-ABJ but with 4G we have deep strike
capability with air superiority potency. A Su-27 will
do LAG-BAGA-LAG on one tank 2,000 miles.
It will be important to also mix used/new Su-27/30s to meet our short and long term needs.
I concur with beegeagle we should go for 30 + FC-1/JF17 multirole jets upgraded su-27s + 6 new Su-30s & deploy two Su-27s
+three JF17s to each of LAG,MDGR,SOK & CAL;
two Su-27s to ENU and KNJ, units of JF17 each
to YOL, ABJ,KN and BEN,
according to @beegeagle JF17 cost of operations is pocket-friendly & the jet is remarkably ease to master for F7 pilots Again the technology transfer entailment in the JF17 would kickstart our aircraft industry

Why we need to go for 4Gen flexible fighters
*NAF needs massive air power with PGM capabilities to support COIN ops
*External threat according to beegeagle Since A-Jets
were acquired,countries with 4G within striking
range of our borders have increased Algerian soil lies 550 miles due north from Illela in NW Nigeria,within
striking range of Su-30s
Cabinda lies 550-659
miles due south of Calabar & our FPSOs, within
striking range of Angolan Su-27/30s not talk of the regales and F16 use by Cairo not forgetting mig25,23 in the hands of unstable Libya
citation @beegeagle ,Henry120 ,bidexiii

Seun defence section
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 23, 2015
jf17

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 23, 2015
su30

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Brightology2(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2015
A very 9ice suggestion. Bt bubu will nt go 4 it because d military will it against his foot soldier or he can divert it 2 calabar 2 bomb d militant,because dats wat he is gd at.

Op sori. I still remember free 2 air ones view is still allowed in d nigeria constitution.

Last bullet: fear not
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 23, 2015
UrennaNkoli Naf needs to upgrade badly
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Brightology2:
A very 9ice suggestion. Bt bubu will nt go 4 it because d military will it against his foot soldier or he can divert it 2 calabar 2 bomb d militant,because dats wat he is gd at.

Op sori. I still remember free 2 air ones view is still allowed in d nigeria constitution.

hmm you do
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by kwanKwasiyya(m): 12:58am On Aug 23, 2015
true talk[img]true talk[/img]true talk
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by BishopMagic: 1:00am On Aug 23, 2015
[size=28pt]only the best sofas will be accepted for the Nigerian Chair Force[/size]

[img]http://www.africom.mil/Img/11722/HiRes/nigerian-and-us-air-forces-partner-for-disaster-relief-seminar[/img]
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Imortal001: 1:04am On Aug 23, 2015
No be lie!
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by BishopMagic: 1:06am On Aug 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Nigerian Chair Force deserve better seats[/size]

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by BishopMagic: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:
following the recent visit my Air chief to formations to evaluate state of NAF military capabilities in readiness for possible new platforms, it is critical we get things right.
components from hostile nations is all-important and we badly need to move away from TRAINER JET mentality( A-Jet) our reconfigured F7 can barely manage a one-way LAG-ABJ but with 4G we have deep strike
It will be important to also mix used/new Su-27/30s to meet our short and long term needs.
I concur with beegeagle we should go for 30 + FC-1/JF17 multirole jets upgraded su-27s + 6 new Su-30s & deploy two Su-27s
to YOL, ABJ,KN and BEN,
according to @beegeagle JF17 cost of operations is pocket-friendly & the jet is remarkably ease to master for F7 pilots Again the technology transfer entailment in the JF17 would kickstart our aircraft industry

range of our borders have increased Algerian soil lies 550 miles due north from Illela in NW Nigeria,within
striking range of Su-30s
Cabinda lies 550-659
striking range of Angolan Su-27/30s not talk of the regales and F16 use by Cairo not forgetting mig25,23 in the hands of unstable Libya

Seun defence section

And how many bags of groundnuts and cocoa will you have to exchange for one of these toys?

Niger Delta oil will not be used to fund your jihad army.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by SFSNIPER(m): 1:25am On Aug 23, 2015
Where are the ones bought with the bogus budgets made by GEJ?

Brightology2:

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by mikolo80: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:
to YOL, ABJ,KN and BEN,

striking range of Su-30s
Cabinda lies 550-659

Seun defence section
na you go pay for am
when I thought you will suggest we buy spitfires and upgrade their avionics
who we need super sonic Jets for, this rag headed illiterate Boko, I don't think so
armed little birds is all we need

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Souljaboi1: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2015
mikolo80:
na you go pay for am
who we need super sonic Jets for, this rag headed illiterate Boko, I don't think so

And you think those 'armed little birds' would position us as a force to reckon with in Africa ?

What about when we face greater threats to out National borders ? Or you still think it can't happen ?
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2015
mikolo80:
na you go pay for am

we need long range defensive capabilities
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2015
Souljaboi1:

And you think those 'armed little birds' would position us as a force to reckon with in Africa ?

What about when we face greater threats to out National borders ? Or you still think it can't happen ?
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:

ask am
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:

under Gej we went for Alpha trainer jet
our f7 can even fly lag -abj
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by mikolo80: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
IbnSultaan:

we need long range defensive capabilities
from who
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by mikolo80: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Germany had the baddest tanks in wwii
Switzerland had a rifle and in every home
the Swiss were left alone,while the rest of Europe capitulated

don't start none, won't be none
we need water light and roads
tractor factories and housing
not over sized pride inducing toys
trust me I was in the Airforce
you only fight with your neighbors
none of our neighbours would dare
all their planes can be brought down by manpads
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by mikolo80: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Souljaboi1:

much cheaper than maintaining planes and pilots
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by mikolo80: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Souljaboi1:

much cheaper than maintaining planes and pilots

do you even know what a killer egg looks like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD_Helicopters_MH-6_Little_Bird
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
1diots will always be 1diots, sad what they turned this thread to. Su-30s for me.

Op don't think we need attack helicopters too
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Duru1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nigerians do not deserve any mid or top of the line jet fighters. It is funny to associate group of people who cannot manager ordinary gutter with sophisticated weaponry.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by pacino26(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sultan you don come again. Maintenance culture is one key factor plus our defence budget. These toys are not just for the everyday Airforce capt with pot belly or some hand-picked ignorant dude in the name of federal character. My point is forget it.

Leave them with the Alpha jet for now.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by doctokwus: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
Just because we face no immediate threat from our neighbors doesn't mean we should not modernize our land, air& sea fleet.
Do some people realise that even in peacetime, d airforce defends our airspace from unauthorized flights, even if peaceful?
When u have the capacity to ward off threats from air,land and sea and countries know,even if u don't actually use them, is actually when u are strongest.
Op,I suggest that whatever we get for the airforce is that which can match d capabilities of whatever Egypt,South Africa and algeria each have have in their arsenal &nothing less.
I feel the navy too needs upgrade with modern ships,possibly a frigate or 2.
If the annual capital budget for defence of about 450b or so ($2billion) had not been regularly embezzled,by now we should have had one of the most equipped military in Africa, when you consider that average cost of a standard fighter is about $7m. So with just about $200m of this going to the airforce,we should be talking of average 25 NEW standard fighter jets each year.Over d past 10yrs,we should have had by now almost 200 standard fighter jets,not d rubbish we av now that countries like Togo and cape verde shd have.
We must learn to think and act with the future in mind,not the archaic,my stomach and pocket only way things were done over the last 6yrs
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by EVarn(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
What Nigeria needs is a "comprehensive advanced fighter jet programme".
Firstly,our defence budget should be increased to at least $5bn{N1trn},then $15-20bn should be ear-marked for a compact 'airforce modernization programme' that would span a period of 8-10 years.The programme should involve summoning various advanced defence companies and fighter jet manufacturers from all over asia to present/showcase their most capable fighters jets and then we should kickstart a bidding process to select the best suited hardware of choice,after which we would order for at least 100-150 of the advanced,preferably 4++ generation fighter jets: such a large scale procurement would naturally come with training and comprehensive mainteinance kit,if we negotiate thoroughly,we would get technology transfer or even tactical technical cooperation.
Enough of using outdated alpha jets,we should go for the SU27/30 and new MiG35 for advanced multirole fleet,then we should pick the new yak-130 advanced trainer instead of the JF-17.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
1diots will always be 1diots, sad what they turned this thread to. Su-30s for me.

Upgraded SU-30, MIG-29K or MIG-29smt would be perfect choices for our Air Force, but the problem is, i don't see our Government purchasing any of them for the Air Force. We've been regularly let down by government at all levels, we've now been accustomed to setting the bar low.

If hypothetically the government buys the SU-30s, although they are amongst the world's best 4GEN and 4 ++ GEN Jets, these fighters are maintenance intensive, even for rich countries.

The J-10B would be a perfect fit for us, it's a highly maneuverable 4++ GEN fighter plane, and has a range of 1000KM. It is single engine, which means it's easier to maintain than the SU-30, but a very capable fighter.

However, the most realistic Fighter Nigeria would be getting is the JF-17 Thunder. The JF-17 is an agile, very capable fighter, but it is no where in the class of the J-10B or SU-30sm, MIG-29K or MIG-29smt.

On Helicopters, our choices are also limited. In recent months, we have been linked to the T-129 Helicopter from Turkey. Our former CAS did say we are in the process of acquiring the T-129 which is a very fantastic and an advanced platform, intended to be integrated in the Air Force's wider Network Enabled Capability program. The problem is, will the Americans agree to sell us parts, the T-129 uses American engines, and Turkey has to get congressional approval for overseas sale of the T-129. The Americans who refused to sell us 40 years old Cobra Helicopters, would be unlikely to approve sale of state-of-the-art T-129s to Nigeria.

We are then left with few options,

- Do we get additional MI-35m Helicopters to the 6 units we have previously ordered. Our Air Force use MI-35p and MI-24V attack Helicopters, both class of Russian Helos, but different categories. The problem we have been having with them is, they aren't suitable for the High and Hot Nigerian weather, especially those in the North, Hence the NAF has been trying to procure the T-129.

- our second option is the MI-28NE (Night hunter), another fantastic Russian attack Helicopter, however it remains to be seen whether we are interested in them, and if they fit into the Air Forces "NEC".

- our 3rd option is the Chinese Z-10 attack Helicopter.

- our last option is, we build our Helicopters ourselves. It is a costly exercise, but how much is the worth of security?".

In fact in general, our options are so limited that we pretty are generally fvcked.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
mikolo80:
Germany had the baddest tanks in wwii Switzerland had a rifle and in every home the Swiss were left alone,while the rest of Europe capitulated
don't start none, won't be none we need water light and roads tractor factories and housing not over sized pride inducing toys trust me I was in the Airforce you only fight with your neighbors none of our neighbours would dare all their planes can be brought down by manpads much cheaper than maintaining planes and pilots

do you even know what a killer egg looks like
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD_Helicopters_MH-6_Little_Bird
'Toy' armed scout Helicopter.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by CSTR2: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
EVarn:
What Nigeria needs is a "comprehensive advanced fighter jet programme".
Firstly,our defence budget should be increased to at least $5bn{N1trn},then $15-20bn should be ear-marked for a compact 'airforce modernization programme' that would span a period of 8-10 years.The programme should involve summoning various advanced defence companies and fighter jet manufacturers from all over asia to present/showcase their most capable fighters jets and then we should kickstart a bidding process to select the best suited hardware of choice,after which we would order for at least 100-150 of the advanced,preferably 4++ generation fighter jets: such a large scale procurement would naturally come with training and comprehensive mainteinance kit,if we negotiate thoroughly,we would get technology transfer or even tactical technical cooperation.
Enough of using outdated alpha jets,we should go for the SU27/30 and new MiG35 for advanced multirole fleet,then we should pick the new yak-130 advanced trainer instead of the JF-17.
lol
You give too much credit to Nigerian leaders if you expect them to understand this.
The same nitwits that were ordering for useless F-7 air guards, when the likes of angola, uganda, rwanda were getting su-30s and can carry out long range deep strike attack against Nigeria uninterrupted.
Chad currently has air superiority over Nigeria with their MIG-29 and SU-25s frogfoot interceptor.
Nigerian leaders don't know a thing about territorial integrity.
It befuddles the mind how a nation that depends on the sea for international oil transactions has no submarines nor a destroyer atleast, something relatively'' poorer ''countries like egypt and algeria already have for quite some time.
The niger-delta that should be one of the most secured places on earth, rigged with batteries of s-400 systems and a permanent SU-30 detachment of atleast two squadrons, is as defenceless as dodo against any serious military invasion.
Nigeria is a big joke.
Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

We should stick with our Gun Ship variant
the su30s is awesome so also is jf17 and the packages is some thing

1 Like

Re: Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
pacino26:
Sultan you don come again. Maintenance culture is one key factor plus our defence budget. These toys are not just for the everyday Airforce capt with pot belly or some hand-picked ignorant dude in the name of federal character. My point is forget it.

Leave them with the Alpha jet for now.

hahaha
its time for us to Advance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking Now! Devastating Pro Biafra Protest Hit Trinidad And Tobago / 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million / New And Revised Allowance For Nigerian Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.