Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. (36321 Views)

What's Your Best Moment In Church? / Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? / Were King David And Jonathan Gay Patners In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2015
2 Samuel 6:14: And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.

I was in a church last Friday and i gladly danced GODWIN dance moves as well as etigi and it will surprise you how they all looked at me with one funny eyes.

Sometimes i imagine what it feels like to dance with all your might because as a good dancer and one who loves dancing so much,i can't remember anytime in the past where i have danced with all my might.

But the truth is that as Christians, we have allowed timidity of expression before GOD to rob us the privilege of teaching the world great dance steps.

I have been dancing sekem since 1997 and that was my favorite step during praise section that the pastor even wanted to learn that step from me but today if i do that same step, the members will tag me worldly.

Dancing according to Wikipedia is a performance art form consisting of purposefully selected sequences of human movement.

[size=13pt]I do not understand why we should stereotype certain dance steps as worldly and probably some as heavenly because to me, dance is dance and it may even come as a surprise that most of these dance steps these circular artistes give names have always been there from time memorial and many of these dance steps are actually the native dance steps of some people like the etigi dance which is a calabar dance as well as the makossa which is the dance of the duala people in Cameroun.[/size]

David danced with all his might and for such to happen he must have thrown all caution to the wind and must have invented many dance steps like azonto,etigi,galala,shoki,sekem and many more.

Judging from the description of the way king David danced, i can say without any fear of contradiction that im yet to see anyone in any christian gathering danced half the way he did and even more annoying is the way Christians move their body whenever they sing the song "when the spirit of the lord....i will dance like David danced".

My admonition to my fellow Christians is to emancipate ourselves from self imposed perpetual bondage of timidity,lets free ourselves and lets invent new dance steps from the church and not be imitators of dance steps that were re-enacted and renamed by the circular world.

Lets learn to dance at least half the way King David danced.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by SUGARBEE(f): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
This was really really insightful.. . A dance is kinda an expression of one's self, moving with zero resistance to the body.. I don't see why certain dance steps are seen and tagged as 'unholy'. ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
SUGARBEE:
This was really really insightful.. . A dance is kinda an expression of one's self, moving with zero resistance to the body.. I don't see why certain dance steps are seen and tagged as 'unholy'. ..

Its because we have allowed timidity take over the church.

2 Likes

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2015
There is nothing bad in dancing shoki,azonto and the likes to the glory of GOD.
Absolutely nothing
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2015
As long as you do not dance in a way that will tempt others then we are free to explore every form of dance steps that comes to our head.

3 Likes

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2015
I think we all need dancing lessons from King David. When is the last time you stepped out in courage and danced in church so well that you became the center of focus?

Trust me, you can make GOD happy just by dancing so well in worship.

2 Likes

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Toks2008(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Toks2008:
2 Samuel 6:14: And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.

I was in a church last Friday and i gladly danced GODWIN dance moves as well as etigi and it will surprise you how they all looked at me with one funny eyes.

Sometimes i imagine what it feels like to dance with all your might because as a good dancer and one who loves dancing so much,i can't remember anytime in the past where i have danced with all my might.

But the truth is that as Christians, we have allowed timidity of expression before GOD to rob us the privilege of teaching the world great dance steps.

I have been dancing sekem since 1997 and that was my favorite step during praise section that the pastor even wanted to learn that step from me but today if i do that same step, the members will tag me worldly.

Dancing according to Wikipedia is a performance art form consisting of purposefully selected sequences of human movement.

[size=13pt]I do not understand why we should stereotype certain dance steps as worldly and probably some as heavenly because to me, dance is dance and it may even come as a surprise that most of these dance steps these circular artistes give names have always been there from time memorial and many of these dance steps are actually the native dance steps of some people like the etigi dance which is a calabar dance as well as the makossa which is the dance of the duala people in Cameroun.[/size]

David danced with all his might and for such to happen he must have thrown all caution to the wind and must have invented many dance steps like azonto,etigi,galala,shoki,sekem and many more.

Judging from the description of the way king David danced, i can say without any fear of contradiction that im yet to see anyone in any christian gathering danced half the way he did and even more annoying is the way Christians move their body whenever they sing the song "when the spirit of the lord....i will dance like David danced".

My admonition to my fellow Christians is to emancipate ourselves from self imposed perpetual bondage of timidity,lets free ourselves and lets invent new dance steps from the church and not be imitators of dance steps that were re-enacted and renamed by the circular world.

Lets learn to dance at least half the way King David danced.

Lalasticlala,ishilove,happy first sunday.Hope you danced so well today?

1 Like

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by ademusiwa1e: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
:[size=28pt]Se omo ti won pe davido gbo , Yoruba.
Omo to obi, won classify omo nu, as ogun ijoba. Omo nu , won expect to, lati join awon jagun jagun. Ti oruko bere pe nu ade.
Ofi je ki o join jagun jagun. Ati omo re.
Basically eni ti orukan re pe beren pe lu, ade.
Ofi so pe, ogbodu join jagun jagun
Basically ofi make ke compulsory pe gbo gbo awon to oruka won ba bere lati ade.
Won gbo du, join jagun jagun
][/size]
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Eureka123(f): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Highly insightful!!

1 Like

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by GraceBestowed(f): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
THIS is what I thought of when I saw the previous post asking whether it is wrong to dance freely in the church.

Whenever I am in the presence of God, I have no inhibitions and I give Him my all, this includes my praise in the form of dancing. People can think whatever they want to think. David danced and his wife despised him in her heart because of his expression of praise to God. What did God do? He shut her womb!

With us being intelligent people, we should know HOW to dance in the presence of The Lord. Gyrating and dancing in a sexually provocative manner is a no no and should be saved for the bedroom with your husband/wife not your fellow church goers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Lanceslot(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
All this mumbo jumbo just because you danced in the church today?
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by InwehAkpevwe(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Truth be told... Thus has also crossed my mind severally... Many Christians just kinda attribute things to the world... Forgetting that " the earth is the Lords and all its fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell therein ps 24:1... To me in as much as whatever dance step is to the glory of the Lord... I see no issue # baseline is MOTIVE#... what's your motive of dancing My 2 cent

1 Like

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by itzmarvyx(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't subscribe to people dancing shoki ,etighi, azonto nd all this dance steps in the church.

Dancing is a function of praise you give to God and praise is a sacrifice. A sacrifice can be accepted or rejected. Some of this dance steps whether traditional or not where birthed by satanic influence after all you acknowledge that it didn't originate from the church.

You don't give what was inspired by demons to God OP it won't be acceptable.

Any wonder why the church is becoming more worldly? undecided

You can decide to dance from now till 2mao nd God no go luk ur face.

The spiritual man judges all things OP

Imagine Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Adeboye or any respected man of God dancing shoki...Lol

U're sure David danced azonto...u dy dia?? undecided

6 Likes

Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by vicostyles(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ok
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by DrChukzy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hmm....This one is strong o.
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Lanceslot:
All this mambo jumbo just because you danced in the church?
I tire o! angry
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Segadem(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by firstking01(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op, away with dis ur mentality undecidedwe have satanic and seductive dance too.
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
DrChukzy:
but must you book space?
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Phonon: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
No be only CIRCULAR world, na SPHERICAL world.
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by firstking01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op, away with dis ur mentality undecidedwe have satanic and seductive dance too, which is sinsad
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by freedom96: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is seriously funny...dancing for god cheesy
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by oleary(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Toks2008:
2 Samuel 6:14: [b]
most of these dance steps these circular artistes give names have always been there from time memorial and many of these dance steps are actually the native dance steps of some people like the etigi dance which is a calabar dance as well as the makossa which is the dance of the duala people in Cameroun.[/size]

The etigi dance is not a native dance to the Calabar (Efik/Efut/Qua) people of CRS.
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by stano2(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
firstking01:
Op, away with dis ur mentality undecidedwe have satanic and seductive dance too, which is sinsad
Example?
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by DrChukzy(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:
but must you book space?
lol...i tire o
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by DrChukzy(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:
but must you book space?
lol...i tire o
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by JaypeeAnics(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
in church I dance any type of dance......weda shoki or wateva.......if u like curse me........remember way happened to d lady dat insulted David ooooooo....
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
digital dancing steps
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Tobilastik(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
lol... who knows if it's that shoki that angels do dance in heaven??

Abeq make we dy shekem shekem grin
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by JaypeeAnics(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
I'm so sure King David danced Skelewu like Davido.....
Re: That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
SUGARBEE:

The christainity of today is different from that of david's time.
Wonder what life was like during that time,
Oh well, i guess i was born too late to explore then world, yet born to early explore the galaxy, but i was born just in time to post on nairaland cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.