Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? (6865 Views)

Is Jonathan Or Buhari To Blame For Poor Economy? / See How Corrupt Efcc Chairman Is / If This Is Jonathan’s Helipad Then Buhari’s Own Is Extremely Expensive (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
Media prosecution & conviction of individuals seems to be a veritable weapon for ruling political parties now. Media has usurped the duties of law court hence politicians are making good use of it to blackmail perceived "enemies" tainting or even tarnishing their image. This to me, is laying an unfortunate foundation for another monster in the system.

In fight against corruption; It should be noted here, that I am an apostle of Jonathan's proactive measure as shown in his yam & goat analogy as against Buhari's reactive measure of jail policy. Has armed robbery ended with all the jail terms meted to them? Why would treasury looting be any different? I am a candidate of Jonathan's school of thought that believes in building strong institutions as against Buhari's or APC knack for strong individuals. I believe just like Jonathan/PDP that Nigeria's challenge is more in the structure as against Buhari/APC's belief that it is in the faces. Those are my creed.

Since Buhari, APC & their chief consultant(Obasanjo); hasn't started any tangible thing but still in the euphoria of campaign more than five(5)months since being declared winner of presidential elections. Rather we are bamboozled daily with highly conflicting perceived corrupt looting of treasury or recanting of their campaign promises as well as insulting and blackmailing Jonathan & his aides as corrupt and chronic looters of the treasury.

We need to as individuals put on our thinking cap to actually decipher who & where the looters are...before we join in decimating the "innocents" while the real thieves mock us. This does not mean or position Jonathan & his aides as saints in anyway at all.

SOME AVENUES OF LOOTING THE TREASURY in Nigeria;

1)AGRICULTURE;

Since I came to know Nigeria, I have always heard of fertilizer scam and looting in agricultural sector especially before farming season. Many politicians and businessmen became stinkingly rich thanks to this avenue. But under Jonathan presidency, this was sorted out using a technology backed initiative which is today being adopted world over. So is the man who solved this age-long challenge the looter or those who allowed it to subsist during their term?

2)GHOST WORKERS IN CIVIL SERVICE;

This is a cankerworm that is bedevilling our system in different strata. The software named IPPIS was introduced to solve this problem. Ever wondered why this software though known and publicized under former administrations was not allowed to see the light of day? It was only implemented under Jonathan. So who are the thieves here? Because several billions were reported to have been saved by mere allowing this policy to be implemented having weeded out thousands of ghost workers. Between those who paid lip service to this scam and the man who removed it; who is the thief or corrupt official?

3)ENERGY PRIVATISATION;

It was reported that a particular administration wasted over $16billion in that sector and only achieved more darkness for the country. Former power minister; Prof Nebo told us a lot about what was achieved in this sector after the celebrated privatisation including developing skilled labour pool for this already privatised sector; though sadly he regretted that they lost the war against pipeline vandals who undermined their efforts. How much was expended by that administration to achieve those compared to what obtained in the past who spent more to achieve nothing but increased darkness?

4) PETROLEUM SUBSIDY;

Buhari termed subsidy an alien language before coming to power. I wonder why he is very reluctant to remove same today? Is it because of national or sectional interest?
By 2012, Jonathan sort to deregularize oil sector...break up and open up NNPC and remove subsidy...ACN, & CPC now APC called, ganged up with labour against him and brought him to stop it...Same people(APC), turned back later and accused him of stealing with his friends through subsidy and called him corrupt...Why stop him from removing subsidy if you knew he & his friends are thieves? When these oil magnates almost crippled the system at the twilight of Jonathan administration, some Nigerians chose to fight Jonathan instead of the oil cabal; just like some fought him instead of boko haram at the height of insurgency in 2014. It's unfortunate that PIB wasn't finally passed into law under him; but sincere oil sector operators would be happy to share the dividends of his local content policy in that sector. Again, who are the real thieves here; Jonathan or the two-timers?

5)SINGLE TREASURY ACCOUNT;

In order to centralize government's revenue thereby reducing shortchanging of the system and blocking leakages, Jonathan implemented TSA. Does a man who wants to loot the system approve such measure which defies the porous status quo? Why didn't former leaders adopt same measure? Who's the real thief between the man who signed & supported FOI to become law and those who went to court to stop its implementation in their states?

Did Jonathan make any mistake during his term? Of course he's human and must make mistakes. Is he the devil being painted of him today? Not near it at all...It is strange that same people who would not be cut dead granting Jonathan/PDP benefit of doubt in situations seek to be granted same. Only if law of karma understood such language.

President Buhari should note that media prosecution, blackmail & conviction which he's embarked on with APC leaders may some day boomerang. Let justice and equity be our watchword.

Thanks and God bless us all

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by doublewisdom: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
Good write up! Jonathan can never be as corrupt as Buhari, Obasanjo, Abacha etc. Buhari and APC the fo0ls they are, can only make noise and choke on their own saliva. They think they can intimate GEJ'S because of his easy-going nature.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by ChappyChase: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sometimes I just pity Jonathan...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Has Mama Peace started practising how to be taking food to her husband in prison, a thing she said she wouldn't want to do when she visited Ado-Ekiti during the campaign?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by dunsman(f): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Some thugs won't still understand, I wonder how they think

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by baralatie(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
topic is miss leading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Has Mama Peace started practising how to be taking food to her husband in prison, a thing she said she wouldn't want to do when she visited Ado-Ekiti during the campaign?
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
doublewisdom:
Good write up!
Thanks...merry sunday
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
ChappyChase:

Don't pity Jonathan rather pity those who trade in blackmail and their supporters because karma is real...what goes around comes around...vengeance always comes around...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

That day may NEVER come to pass... Thanks...merry sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
dunsman:
Some thugs won't still understand, I wonder how they think

Our thinking and emotions are what the politicians and leaders twist and play on to ride the masses... I believe such write up as this is to juggle our memory... Thanks...merry sunday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
baralatie:
topic is miss leading

cheesy Such is the power of sarcasm and beauty of instincts...What would you have preferred as topic or heading? cheesy Thanks...merry sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Do you really support and believe in that statement of his? cheesy I am afraid that day may never come...cheesy Thanks...merry sunday
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by baralatie(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesy Such is the power of sarcasm and beauty of instincts...What would you have preferred as topic or heading? cheesy Thanks...merry sunday
you know how the APC propaganda works.
blaze the topics and care less for the contents of the page.
still a gr8 write up though!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by anulaxad(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wait,

Who owns this? Please do not let me continue.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBtgWCT13s
[/url]

[email]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZqengwFnI[/email]

1 Like

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
OP, you keep blackmailing your moniker by not telling yourself the truth!!!! You want to know how corrupt GEJ was?
'Common Stealing, you people would call it corruption'
'Buhari Jailed Nwobodo in '83 for stealing N5m, money not enough to buy a PEUGEOT..'
That's how corrupt he's and give up these image laundring of your creek king....
Stupidity means trying to sell 'ICED WATER' to a PURE WATER factory owner..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by tobtap: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
very currupt
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
baralatie:
you know how the APC propaganda works. blaze the topics and care less for the contents of the page. still a gr8 write up though!
I get it now bro cheesy thanks and merry sunday
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
anulaxad:
Wait,

Who owns this? Please do not let me continue.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBtgWCT13s
[/url]

[email]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZqengwFnI[/email]

Peddling lies a thousand times doesn't make it a truth...I wonder if there's any proof that the estate belonged to Mama Peace...except that Saharareporters ran through an estate taking videos and pictures tagging it hers...Any proof...Nothing absolutely...Or can you show me any?... BTW is there any proof too that even if it is hers that it was acquired with illegal wealth? or is your definition of affluence tantamount to fraud?...Let's talk facts bro...Do you know much a presidential allowance is? Can't the Jonathan's afford it? Don't have a poverty mentality that equals wealth that's beyond you to fraud and corruption...

... thanks and merry sunday

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
OP, you keep blackmailing your moniker by not telling yourself the truth!!!! You want to know how corrupt GEJ was?
'Common Stealing, you people would call it corruption'
'Buhari Jailed Nwobodo in '83 for stealing N5m, money not enough to buy a PEUGEOT..'
That's how corrupt he's and give up these image laundring of your creek king....
Stupidity means trying to sell 'ICED WATER' to a PURE WATER factory owner..

Let's do facts bro...not empty rhetorics or myopic sentiments...

His statement of stealing isn't corruption is 100% correct even in our constitution...I don't do propaganda and lies that's the prerogative and birthright of APC...Counter my facts above with verifiable facts too...thanks and merry Sunday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
tobtap:
very currupt
Define corruption
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thanks, my brother.

APC seeks to first destroy Nigeria before it will begin to arrange and solve it's problems.

Like you said, APC is sure setting another terrible precedent with its GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT approach to its void and noisy anti corruption war. Today, the Presidency has been destroyed. And that's all the consequences of the primitive abusive language the same APC deployed before and during the elections.

Any sensible Nigerian will want to see corruption tacked and thieves jailed.....but not without a time consuming and tight and through prosecution of offenders...That's the case we want.

Granted GEJ, like every other human, has his own leadership flaws for which he should be accountable, but all these media sentencing will never work. The law isn't moral!

Our people,occasioned by decades of the military junta mentality, only believe anti corruption war is well fought once people are jailed or even killed without due process; they just want to see some people bear the brunt for our decades of poverty and misery. They believe PMB will singlehandedly throw people into jails. And that was why they never believed in GEJs institutional approach to the corruption war. Even when Transparency International released our recent improvement in the corruption index, the already-zombied folks would have none of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by anulaxad(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Peddling lies a thousand times doesn't make it a truth...I wonder if there's any proof that the estate belonged to Mama Peace...except that Saharareporters ran through an estate taking videos and pictures tagging it hers...Any proof...Nothing absolutely...Or can you show me any?... BTW is there any proof too that even if it is hers that it was acquired with illegal wealth? or is your definition of affluence tantamount to fraud?...Let's talk facts bro...Do you know much a presidential allowance is? Can't the Jonathan's afford it? Don't have a poverty mentality that equals wealth that's beyond you to fraud and corruption...

... thanks and merry sunday

Shake my head, the Sahara reporters one turned out to be true, and the Jonathan family did not deny it.

With Patience's estate in Abuja, the family until this date has not denied it. Why because it is there's.

When you lot were claiming Buhari owns an apartment in Abuja it was immediately denied and the truth came out.

Wait have you forgotten the illegal farm lands acquired by Jonathan in Abuja, please do not make me continue.

I pity you. The aridolf hotel alone costs 2 billion naira that's 8 million pounds, that is not even close to any of their official salaries whether president or governor.

Jonathans official salary was 32 000 pounds. How can he's wife own a an 8 million pound hotel.

And God only knows the billions of naira that was spent to build Patiences estate in Abuja.

You need to stop deceiving yourself, honestly have you seen the massive estate he built in otueke, a journalist took pictures of it in June and he was arrested.

1 Like

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
dearpreye:
Thanks, my brother.

APC seeks to first destroy Nigeria before it will begin to arrange and solve it's problems.

Like you said, APC is sure setting another terrible precedent with its GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT approach to its void and noisy anti corruption war. Today, the Presidency has been destroyed. And that's all the consequences of the primitive abusive language the same APC deployed before and during the elections.

Any sensible Nigerian will want to see corruption tacked and thieves jailed.....but not without a time consuming and tight and through prosecution of offenders...That's the case we want.

Granted GEJ, like every other human, has his own leadership flaws for which he should be accountable, but all these media sentencing will never work. The law isn't moral!

Our people,occasioned by decades of the military junta mentality, only believe anti corruption war is well fought once people are jailed or even killed without due process; they just want to see some people bear the brunt for our decades of poverty and misery. They believe PMB will singlehandedly throw people into jails. And that was why they never believed in GEJs institutional approach to the corruption war. Even when Transparency International released our recent improvement in the corruption index, the already-zombied folks would have none of it.

It is a pity that once guilty even if proven innocent later...there primary objective of denting your image would have been achieved...

Ever wondered why ACN arm of APC both here and offline use blackmail as their ONLY weapon of war...death of opponent would be in case he proves formidable to such blackmail like Funsho Williams...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It is a pity that once guilty even if proven innocent later...there primary objective would of denting your image would have been achieved...

Eger wondered why ACN arm of APC both here and offline use blackmail as their ONLY weapon of war...death of opponent would be in case he proves formidable to such blackmail like Funsho Williams...

SMH!
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Let's do facts bro...not empty rhetorics or myopic sentiments...

His statement of stealing isn't corruption is 100% correct even in our constitution...I don't do propaganda and lies that's the prerogative and birthright of APC...Counter my facts above with verifiable facts too...thanks and merry Sunday
you have no case abeg! Which party was running all d hate campaign and propaganda on air prior to election PDP is Propaganda-Developed Party...ONLY blind mofos would try to defend the defenceless GEJ

1 Like

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by baralatie(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
you have no case abeg! Which party was running all d hate campaign and propaganda on air prior to election PDP is Propaganda-Developed Party...ONLY blind mofos would try to defend the defenceless GEJ
do you know how many YEARS APC ran their anti GEJ Campaign =6 solid years and they are still on it!!!
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
anulaxad:

Shake my head, the Sahara reporters one turned out to be true, and the Jonathan family did not deny it.

With Patience's estate in Abuja, the family until this date has not denied it. Why because it is there's.

When you lot were claiming Buhari owns an apartment in Abuja it was immediately denied and the truth came out.

Wait have you forgotten the illegal farm lands acquired by Jonathan in Abuja, please do not make me continue.

I pity you. The aridolf hotel alone costs 2 billion naira that's 8 million pounds, that is not even close to any of their official salaries whether president or governor.

Jonathans official salary was 32 000 pounds. How can he's wife own a an 8 million pound hotel.

And God only knows the billions of naira that was spent to build Patiences estate in Abuja.

You need to stop deceiving yourself, honestly have you seen the massive estate he built in otueke, a journalist took pictures of it in June and he was arrested.

1)How did it become reality plz...And to the best of my knowledge Jonathan wasn't responding to innanities from anybody especially Saharareporters...

2)This video surfaced after his handover... he hasn't responded to any accusation ever since...because they are simply empty and distractions cum gossips...

3)I asked per chance it is true even...Kindly provide proof that it was product of treasury looting including the farm you're mentioning here...

4)I am sorry but Jonathan isn't paid salaries in foreign currencies...maybe you have inferiority complex...take it to naira...tell me his allowances and estacodes then we talk...

5)Provide proof they are product of corrupt enrichment...

6)Google picture of an estate then compare it with his Otuoke mansion to see how fickle minded you're...
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by anulaxad(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)How did it become reality plz...And to the best of my knowledge Jonathan wasn't responding to innanities from anybody especially Saharareporters...

2)This video surfaced after his handover... he hasn't responded to any accusation ever since...because they are simply empty and distractions cum gossips...

3)I asked per chance it is true even...Kindly provide proof that it was product of treasury looting including the farm you're mentioning here...

4)I am sorry but Jonathan isn't paid salaries in foreign currencies...maybe you have inferiority complex...take it to naira...tell me his allowances and estacodes then we talk...

5)Provide proof they are product of corrupt enrichment...

6)Google picture of an estate then compare it with his Otuoke mansion to see how fickle minded you're...

First of all I have not insulted you, I live in the UK hence the mentioning of the pound and if anyone has an inferiority complex it will be you as you are so blinded by the truth that beholds you, and for that reason I shall not be responding to you anymore.

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/2344214/jonathans-house-otuoke-where-he
[/url]

This is a lasticlala thread, with official pictures of his estate in otueke. Explain to me how he can afford such an estate with his £32,000 (sorry
10006813.20 Naira) annual salary that is still being built. Not even one mansion there could possible cost that much.

Articles about the farm below:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/177579-investigation-inside-jonathans-mega-farm-project-covers-six-villages-displaced-residents-barred-from-speaking.html

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-lawyers-attack-jonathan-over-90-hectare-farmland/

There was even a video shown during election season of the farm of which was located in aviation village.

2 Likes

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
baralatie:

do you know how many YEARS APC ran their anti GEJ Campaign =6 solid years and they are still on it!!!
Pls kindly list the anti-GEJ campaign...
Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by citizenY(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
ChappyChase:

Me too... He could not keep the goat and the yam apart. Mama piss join them for kitchen, converted them to better dish , he chop, slept off and did not know that money was being stolen.

3 Likes

Re: How Corrupt Was/Is Jonathan? by baralatie(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Pls kindly list the anti-GEJ campaign...
shooooo!
this thread no fit carry am!
it was maddening!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Congratulates Nana Akufo-Addo On His Re-Election / PDP To Appeal Court Judgement On Ogun Primaries / The 7 Untouchable People In Nigeria ~ Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.