Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley (1782 Views)

Helicopter Lands On Busy Highway In Kenya After Pilot Lost Direction (photos) / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos / Danfo Slams A Skater On Highway In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by CuteMaryJ: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
A stunning new route opened in Hubei province, central China, on August 9. Incredible images of the new road shows that drivers are literally travelling over water as the 6.8-mile motorway is built in the middle of a river valley.

The spectacular road connects Xingshan County in Hubei to G42, a high-speed route that connects Shanghai in eastern China to Chengdu in south west China, reported People's Daily Online.

The 6.8 mile road is built on top of a bridge that follows the curve of the river valley. It will cut down travel time from Xingshan to G42 to just 20 minutes. The journey originally took close to an hour along a steep and convoluted road. Drivers along the route are treated to breathtaking views of the valley as well as the river and nearby villages.

The new route has already been dubbed the 'over-water highway'.

Is The World's Most Scenic Highway?

1 Like

Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by adonbilivit: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
I travel enter chinko, come see wetin man fit do...flavour (2015).

Nigeria got boko haram, but China is the bomb
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by casyrotts(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by miriamgroove: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
sadI WISH WE CAN HAVE THIS IN NIGERIA
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by halfcurrent(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
And yet we are still struggling to complete common Phc - Owerri expressroad

1 Like

Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by kayo80(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Come on you guys. You are acting like you haven't heard of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos...A long bridge over the Atlantic ocean; in ou very own Nigeria. But this pic is really beautiful though.
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by deewhone(f): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wow
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by ebbybest(f): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
i passed through that high way when i traveled to maiduguri from kaduna
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by mployer(m): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
It is just a bridge
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by ugsams(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Creative
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by tdayof(m): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
kayo80:
Come on you guys. You are acting like you haven't heard of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos...A long bridge over the Atlantic ocean; in ou very own Nigeria. But this pic is really beautiful though.
lipsrsealed
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by kayo80(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
tdayof:
lipsrsealed

Ode, are you trying to imply I don't know what I am talking about? The bridge is over the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, so yes, it is over the atlantic ocean.
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by tdayof(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
kayo80:

Ode, are you trying to imply I don't know what I am talking about? The bridge is over the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, so yes, it is over the atlantic ocean.
learn courtesy.
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by kayo80(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
tdayof:
learn courtesy.

You should also learn courtesy...You reply to my post was disrespectful.
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by eledalo: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
kayo80:

For sake of clarity for all readers, Third Mainland Bridge crosses over the Lagos Lagoon and is not in any way close to the Atlantic Ocean.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Mainland_Bridge
Re: Amazing!!! China Builds Highway In The Middle Of A River Valley by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
Isn't third mainland bridge in the middle of an ocean? The only difference is that this one is breadthtaking.

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Beauty Of Kaduna State / An African-American Explains Why India Is The Most Racist Country In The World / How Can Itravel From Nigeria To Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.