Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati (31350 Views)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Jonathan Doesn’t Have Money — Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by tunex23: 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Against the widely held perception that former President Goodluck Jonathan, was usually hooked on alcohol, during the twilight of his administration, his former spokesperson, Reuben Abati, has clarified that Jonathan doesn’t drink, adding that it’s only one of the myths about the last administration.

Abati, who made the defence of his former boss during a recent interview with Rockcity 101.9 FM, Abeokuta, Ogun State, said he only saw Jonathan drink a glass of wine during special occasions, explaining that the former President never had any episode of drunken to stupor.
Abati said: “President Jonathan does not drink. You see, that’s one of the myths about that administration and you must understand how this thing is, it’s all about perception, communication, it’s all about what goes out and it’s about stereotyping. People just stereotype people from a particular part of the country as drunkards, and they look for justification for one type of behaviour or the other.
“But I can tell you that in my 4 years of working for President Jonathan, I never found him in a bibulous situation. If he ever tasted any drink, maybe a glass of wine during special occasions. All those stories about him drinking, about President Jonathan always being berated, about bibulous situations inside the Villa, those things did not exist.
“The people must find justifications to say this is why we think this situation is this way it is. I tell you and Nigerians will remember that he is a very humble man; he is a very committed person to the Nigerian project. If you look at the results of the elections, you’ll see that he lost the elections with about 2.5 million votes or thereabout, which means that a large number of Nigerians still believed in him and also believed in his ability and his capability of his administration to move Nigeria forward. We were dealing with a democracy; the people have a right to make a choice, when the people make a choice, we respect that choice.
“And our commitment as Nigerians, whoever we may be, whatever we maybe our station, is to remain committed to Nigeria, and to support whoever has emerged and to respect the choice and the decision of Nigerians.
“This is not about witch-hunt, it’s not about criticising people, the Nigerian people have spoken and we stand by the decision of the Nigerian people. And we all support whoever is there to move Nigeria forward. So this backward looking, can we just look forward? Can we all just work together to move Nigeria forward? For me, that is where the emphasis should be, because we are all Nigerians and at the end of the day the country is more important than all of us” he said.

http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/IyKga

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by ladyF(f): 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok....water nko? He doesn't drink water too? Hian!!!!!

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by HungerBAD: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jonathan's drinking was Nigeria's least problem with his Government.

For all we cared, he could have drank himself into the Guinness Book of World Records. Our problem(s) with him then, was his level of clueless-ness and the level of corruption he was enmeshed in.

Jonathan and his foot soldiers drank their way into the Guinness Book Of Corruption.

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by tunex23: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jonathan way be high master

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
I've met him personally, he's polished and calm..
Educated gentleman!

Drinking alcohol is not necessary!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
What then was the problem! Dr Abati must give answer for the constant disconnection between the policy and implementation.

If a leader has to refute this manner of allegation then it is saddening.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by Mbkite(m): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
GEJ is a good man but, it takes morethan being good to govern a country like Nigeria.
#AlwaysBuyMadeInAba.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Buhari thats getting high on cow piss and calling Germany west Germany unko?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by otukpo(f): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Its not a sirprise. He is always looking calm.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by chymystique(f): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Aint suprised. We all knew its was the handiwork of APCshit and their media houses who thrives solely on propanganda and lies that nutured the useless claims... GEJ be giving APC sleepless night even after he has handed over leadership to them peacefully esp that ugly tadpole- human of a governor who has been spewing trash of recent due to excess carpe verde cum

43 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by otr1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
I don't expect the Wailer-in-Chief to say otherwise

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by dayo23(f): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Abati is on point here, jonathan doesn't drink agreed, jonathan high with Ogogoro confirmed

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by baralatie(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
And PMB drinks?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by FastShipping: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
mm

178 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by dayo23(f): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Superbreed:
I've met him personally, he's polished and calm..
Educated gentleman!

Drinking alcohol is not necessary!
Keep quiet

45 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by midolian(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jonathan isn't corrupt - Babatope(Sunday morning, 2015)

Jonathan doesn't drink - Reuben Abati(Sunday afternoon, 2015)

Abati and Babatope are crazy - Anonymous(Sunday evening, 2015)

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by osaslord500(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
I strongly agree bt his wife does.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by san316(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
GEJ doesnt drink alcohol, he abuses the substance. Abati is right indeed.

iffa hear. That drunken master.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by omenka(m): 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
If Jonathan doesn't drink, then I saw an Ostrich flying across the Indian ocean last night.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by ba7man(m): 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
If GEJ doesn't drink, then I got my driver's license on an elephant. cheesy cheesy cheesy

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by omenka(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
FastShipping:
mm
Talk about a picture and a thousand words.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by oduastates: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
He would have been better off drunk.
At least then , you can blame the bottle and the devil.
Hashtag not buying it. Only the bottle can make you that useless

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by DaBullIT(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
heheheheh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by hahn(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
omenka:
If Jonathan doesn't drink, then I saw an Ostrich flying across the Indian ocean last night.

You too? shocked

I also saw but no one will believe me undecided
tongue

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by omenka(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Abati's brain was still booting when he made this statement. Dude's just emerging from months old hibernation and needs some time to gather his thoughts together. Need we reprimand him??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by omenka(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
hahn:

You too? shocked

I also saw but no one will believe me undecided
tongue
Yeah, the wings were fully formed. Had Charles Darwin been still alive, the sighting would have made for a great research work on evolution and natural selection.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by DWJOBScom(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nothing takes the fact that GEJ is a Perfect Gentleman

Say all you can!
Spool all you can!

He is GEJ
an Excellent man

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by hahn(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
omenka:
Yeah, the wings were fully formed. Had Charles Darwin been still alive, the sighting would have made for a great research work on evolution and natural selection.

I was standing right there with Darwin while making the observation. The research has started grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by Metrofox(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
chymystique:
Aint suprised. We all knew its was the handiwork of APCshit and their media houses who thrives solely on propanganda and lies that nutured the useless claims... GEJ be giving APC sleepless night even after he has handed over leadership to them peacefully esp that ugly tadpole- human of a governor who has been spewing trash of recent due to excess carpe verde cum
Hush yeye wailer ..#ifgejdoesntdrink then I'm the pope

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Doesn’t Drink – Abati by agarawu23(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
huh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo / Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted / Tinubu's Wife A Pastor - Oshoimole Speaks On Alleged Plot To Islamize Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.